Word of the Year 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Has anyone decided on their Word for 2020 yet?

I think I have mine but i'm going to mull it over some more. I'm strongly considering Intentional.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Deb, great word. I hope that the year ahead is full of light for you.
Jody, we can all do with some Joy in our lives.
Jess, Intentional is a great word.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My word for 2020 will be Appreciate.

We had a rocky year with DH health so I need to appreciate him more.
We are lucky to have great jobs, a nice house, fantastic kids, great family support, good health and great living conditions, I need to Appreciate it more.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mel, I wish for a very peaceful year for you and Miss K, you deserve it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Diedra, a great word. Have you got ideas on how to accomplish this?

Reactions: missjane

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My Wellness Coach is working with me on it. Mostly involves putting yourself first instead of always last or not at all.
Something we should all consider. How can we be the best for others when we don’t look after ourselves.
I look forward to following your journey

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
My word for the year is going to be Balance. Need to shift the balance of responsibility of getting things done around the house more evenly and stop always putting my self last. I need to embrace balance even if it means I have to tell people NO, sorry I can't and change the expectation that some people have of me. I burned myself out this holiday season trying to get everything done, fulfill the expectations that extended family members had while dealing with a heavier load than normal. Things will change this upcoming year.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
My word for the year is going to be Balance. Need to shift the balance of responsibility of getting things done around the house more evenly and stop always putting my self last. I need to embrace balance even if it means I have to tell people NO, sorry I can't and change the expectation that some people have of me. I burned myself out this holiday season trying to get everything done, fulfill the expectations that extended family members had while dealing with a heavier load than normal. Things will change this upcoming year.
Minta, I've been in a similar situation, several times, unfortunately. It is good that you take care of you too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am so inspired by your words, they are all so meaningful. Minta, I understand fully what you are saying. Balance is important.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I believe my word will be 'rediscover'.

Rediscovering who I am ... I have kind of lost 'me' with being the mom of two special need kiddos and always putting there needs first. Don't get me wrong ... I was happy to serve them and thankful that they are doing well enough. DD27 is out of the nest and in Vermont living the dream. DS16 is on his way to adulthood and I'm totally thankful for his doctors, OCD therapists, and life/job coaches that have given him tools and a hope for a future. But ... after all these years of being an at home homeschooling mom of two ... what am I gonna be when I grow up??? Hmmmm .... I hope to rediscover that.