Word of the Year 2020

Discussion in 'Celebrate Me' started by MrsSoup, Dec 27, 2019.

1. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Jampss, what an amazing job you have done raising your babies. I hope that you have a wonderful year of rediscovering.

missjane, Ahorsesoul and jampss like this.
  2. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

I was a total failure at this last year, I’m not sure I even had a word for 2019.
    I’m sitting here watching the hallmark channel and the Candace Cameron Bure commercial came on for her new line of something ( I have no idea, missed that part) but she was talking about “be still” and enjoying the moments. I keep my self so busy I rarely sit and be still. I so enjoyed just sitting in front of my Christmas trees in the early morning all alone. But again this year I have only done it a few times. I think I’m miss those little tiny moments, that are gone in a flash, that could bring me joy if I would just “be still”. I’m sure my relationship with the lord (even with my husband for that matter) would improve, if I would “be still”. I say all this while I’m thinking I should do a load of laundry, empty and reload the dishwasher and both the boys still need the rest of their medication today instead of sitting here. Lol, I guess I have my work cut out for me in 2020.

3. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

MM, will be looking forward to your journey in 2020. I hope that you manage to find time for yourself.

missjane and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. Lolwlias

Lolwlias Well-Known Member

I can't recall what I had chose for 2019 but my word for 2020 is:
    MORE

5. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Work has been slow, so I've spent the last two days thinking about this and continued to think about it as I was doing things this morning trying to get over to work on the house.

I have chosen deliberate. It's much like Jessica's intentional. I decided I need to be more conscious of the things I'm doing and decisions I'm making. Things should have a definite reason or purpose. I want the things I do and decisions I make to be deliberate and with purpose. I feel as if I've run on auto-pilot since starting the new job in July. Only recently have I started to develop a better routine, because I have started being more deliberate in what I do in the mornings and and in the evenings when I come home from work.

I love all the words everyone has chosen this year.

Holiday_Mom, luludou, jampss and 3 others like this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I love your explanation Jane! That's how I feel as well, like i'm on autopilot all the time since I started working. My reasoning is pretty much the exact same as yours for my word Intentional. I couldn't have said it better! I want the things I do this year to have a reason or purpose, not just because I was too tired to figure something else out or explore my options and make the best choice. I'm tired of living on autopilot.

I'm focusing on getting my health in order, my relationships, my emotional and mental stability as well. I am going to be Intentional in setting up better and more efficient routines for myself in the mornings and afternoons, evenings that are healthy and maximize my time while still being what I want to do, as well as what I need for my health.

Holiday_Mom, missjane, jampss and 2 others like this.
  7. girlsinmo

girlsinmo Well-Known Member

Miss Jane & Jess love the way you explained your words. I seem to do better when I stay on routine. Looking forward to see how everyone word plays out in their lives.

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Ok, found mine:

Word for 2020: BE NICE.. to myself, to others, to the planet, in my words. Do good things and good things will come back.