Working Wednesday 12.6.17

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Dec 6, 2017 at 4:49 AM.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning! 19 days until Christmas!

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

I'm heading to school....it's my day with no pm break. :eek: We have a teacher out in my grade level, so I hope that we have a sub. Jane...we had a sub in on Friday that did math activities during the reading block and then a student dialed 911 from the classroom phone. They then brought him back for Monday in another room. Unreal. I'm glad my class was split on Friday after that story!

Tonight will be more baking. That's all that's on the plan for tonight. We shall see what else I can get done. I'm hoping J comes home with the jump drive from our photographer today. Then I can get cards ordered.

Have a great day!

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning. Had a bit of trouble sleeping. Hypnosis went well yesterday. Next week is my last one. I think it did help as I did not have some of my stomach problems for the last month and even though I awaken often I do get to sleep better. I was very nervous last weekend and I did not feel it too much in my stomach and my sleep. Jess could be good for your ds. However, it did say to find a psychologist who does hypnosis (had not heard of that before I found the lady but she is still good).

DH picked me up around 7:30. DD got out of the hospital around 3:30 and then they had to go to pharmacy and dd was hungry so they went out for supper. They did a biopsy and we are waiting for results. However she is very inflamed and has an IBD.. to be confirmed if crohns (probably) or colitis. She is off work for awhile but the problem is she has no doctor... so she has some running around to do today to get insurance papers signed. She is having some medication to lower inflammation but she couldn't get it yesterday as pharmacist could not read doctor's handwriting. I am very distraught.. I know how it is to live with constant stomach pain (have been dealing with it for the past 12 years)... at least I was 40 when it hit... she's only 26! I don't want to discourage her but I'm seeing all the things she won't be able to do (organized trips, simple outings, maybe her job... etc...). Got home at 8:15... did not even light up the Christmas lights yesterday, just ate a toast, had a bath and went to bed.

Am at work this morning... no gym again... been 2 weeks of practically nothing. Just not feeling it today. Maybe tomorrow.

Have a good day

4. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

Hi Lisa and all to follow,

I caught up on some much needed sleep so my mood is much improved.
    I let Luke sleep in this morning- after he decided to take a day off swim training. He slept til just on 9am. The whole school Christmas party was on today- class has finished- his class were just helping to set up for the party or playing play station- kids are allowed to bring them in for the last week. Attendance was not even taken- I was always driving him today as he had all of his teacher gifts to hand out- bottles of wine so too heavy to carry. I was originally going to pick him up after training and take him to school but as he slept late, it was easier to just make 1 trip to school. We got there about 10am. I had a coffee then went to help from 10:45am.

Fantastic day! Boys and staff look forward to it all year. Its a whole school sit down lunch- a real old fashioned party- with hats, balloons, Christmas carols, a visit from Santa.

Im sitting here reminiscing- tomorrow is his last day. I remember taking him and holding his hand on his first day. He was a tiny 5 year old who knew nobody. Now he leaves as a confident 12 year old. He has had a wonderful education- sure there have been a few hiccups along the way but overall its been great! He has had some wonderful, caring and very talented, dedicated teachers.

He has a half day tomorrow- a final assembly then the graduating class are cheered out by the rest of the school. His class and their teacher (who happens to hold a bus licence) is driving them in the school bus to a harbourside beach for a final picnic, BBQ and swim.

Then Friday is awards day. We call it speech day or prize giving. Its a very formal event- teachers wear academic dress, boys in formal school uniform. Luke is giving a speech as he is President of the Student Council and Social Justice Captain.

Im not sure that Im ready for him to be so grown up just yet!

5. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

Lucie,
    Sending hugs and good thoughts for both you are your DD.

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Lisa- Hope there's a sub today and you get your pictures! Most photographers I know have a 2 week turnaround.
    Lucie- I hope DD gets quick answers and all the paperwork she needs. I can't believe the pharmacy couldn't just call the doctor that prescribed the meds she was given so they could fill the prescription, how ridiculous! I have a childhood friend that has Crohn's and once she got it under control, she has been able to live a full life in between flareups. I don't know all the details as we're not close but she posts pictures of all the things she does on her FB page. I hope it will be the same for your DD.
    Tanya- The party sounds wonderful! Congratulations to Luke, you have done well mama!

This morning I need to finalize my grocery list and get to the store before my family has my head. Then I have an appointment at 10. After that I need to go shopping for the Elf basket because we HAVE to elf a family tonight! If I don't finish before time to pick up the kids, we'll go finish it up once I pick them up since it's an early release day.

I will NOT forget to put dinner in the crockpot this morning either! I diffused lavender last night beside my side of the bed but I don't know if it really helped or not because I ended up taking a migraine pill. I read DH my list of oils this morning and what they correspond to from my scan yesterday and now he thinks we have issues. :rolleyes: Men.

Enjoy your day!

7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. In a huge burst of energy this morning I fixed breakfast for the kids before school. Bacon, scrambled eggs, pancakes, and OJ instead of oatmeal, toast, and fruit (if I'm on duty I also try to fix an egg), so this was a treat. DGD has gymnastics tonight (3 nights a week), and I also usually fix lunch for the kids to take to school - the school's lunch is not suitable for an athlete - but not today. I'll make sure they have a healthy snack after school.

UPS delivered a huge package of the clothes I ordered for DH. He complained that the shorts I bought are prison shorts - they are below his knees. Haha too bad - we are all tired of his shorts riding up to his <ahem> while he watches TV.

Today is a laundry and grocery shopping day. Have a great day everyone.

8. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good morning,

Lucie - I am keeping good thoughts for your daughter.

I have today off and am back from the doctor. Another round of antibiotics, much stronger this time. I hope they help. Stopped after and got a haircut - always makes me happy to get that done.

K and I will head out soon to buy a couple of gift cards and get those mailed off. I have lots of school work to do and board meeting at my co-op is this evening.

Have a great day!!

9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Had a game-lunch with some cw's. it was great fun.

10. halimer

halimer Active Member

Hi all! Yes, it is colder today and the wind was certainly blowing in the morning.

I wrapped two more gifts last night. I have two more to figure out what to give and two others to wrap was well as one to unwrap and rewrap as a Santa gift rather than a Hanukkah gift. Still have lots of wrapping paper left - some of those rolls go on forever!

Went to Walmart and the mall. Could not find an electric blanket at JCP. Not sure where to try next, Amazon??? Altogether not an inspiring shopping trip.

Would like to do some baking today and devote tomorrow to dipping the oreos. I would like to get the bulk of this stuff done before DH comes home on Monday.

Lucie - hope that you and DD are able to put a positive spin on whatever her diagnosis is
    Jess - did your family get elfed in time?
    Mel - hope you're feeling better
    Tanya - from the FB pictures it looks like a wonderful celebration at school. Congratulations to you and Luke
    Diedra - nice gift from LC1
    Deb - my DH likes the short shorts too. He'd never go below the knee!
    Lisa - hope your student runs the class better than the sub did;)

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Our house is upside down again. Not from DD but from a plumber who left the pressure release value open when he turned on the water and then went upstairs. Our furnace and laundry room was flooded by the time he figured out what was happening. DD closet that is against the wall has wet carpet around the edges (the one that we had to replace the carpet in earlier this year because of another plumbing problem caused by the same company) and the hallway has a strip of wet carpet against the wall to the laundry room. Every towel we own is wet and needs washing. I am very quiet and not a happy camper.

Now we have fans and a dehumidifier going in DD closet. And a fan in the furnace room. Could use a few more fans but that will have to do. I pulled up the carpet along the walls in DD closet to speed up the drying.

At least this morning and early afternoon were productive for me. It was a paperwork day. I did lots of odds and ends. And early this afternoon I even got an appointment to change DD drug insurance to lower her premiums. So there is something to be happy about.

Wishing all a peaceful night.

12. halimer

halimer Active Member

Diedra - How terrible! I hope that the company will compensate you for the successive failures of their workers

I made a caramel cheesecake and Buffy took a small munch out of it while it was on the counter. I guess I'll have to buy some caramel sauce to cover it up.

And DH used the check book last and where is it.....?

13. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

DH put dinner in the crockpot this morning and made Eli's lunch. I got to the Commissary and they didn't have several things on my list so i'll have to get to Walmart soon. I went to the PX and grabbed everything for the elf basket, spent $80! :eek: Now I just need DH to get the basket i'm going to give up out of the garage. I'll put some garland around the handle and hope that everything fits. We'll Elf them after dark tonight.

I took lunch to DH's office and we ate and then I came home until time to get the kids. DH went and picked up DS from school today. My head is killing me once again. I'm about to lay down and watch Stranger Things and maybe nap.

14. Lolwlias

Lolwlias Active Member

Oh my Deidra, I hope the plumber is willing to pay for any damages.

15. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Active Member

Deidra plumbing company should be paying Service Pro to come in and clean up the mess. So sorry. Bust as you said the day wasn't wasted you accomplished a lot.

I wrote an email to dgd6 school. Their school building is not secure. Anyone can walk in (door are unlocked in morning and at lunch time.) school staff wouldn't know it. One has to walk past several classrooms to get to the office to sign in. Will reread it in the morning before hitting send button. Small town. I am sending it without my full name as DS is on several community boards and don't want my issue to be a problem for him, I also mentioned that in my email Made sure any reference to dgd was only grandchild.

I told them how I would do things differently. They will probably just throw it away but a least I did something.
    I slept until 9:00 am today. I was tired. DH gets up at 10:00 pm for work and I go to bed after he leaves. Tomorrow I have to be at the hospital at 7:15 am for a second mammogram. Then will be getting together with co-worker and so some Christmas looking in a village that decks out for the holidays. It will be fun.

Have a good evening all.

16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good afternoon,
    did not get on this morning, the time between waking up and leaving just flew by. I have been and done the groceries, spent a little over budget and really cannot see the $$$ in what I have bought home. By the time you pop it all into cupboards or the freezer there is no sign. I will really have to try better with keeping to the budget next year, but I do love a bargain.

Have put groceries away and would love to sit down for a quick nap, dinner tonight is lasagne so all that needs to be done is to pop that in the oven.
    DS will tidy my car when he gets home so that it is ready for the weekend.

That is it from sunny Australia.

17. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Evening, everyone. Early to bed didn't happen last night...well, it did, but early to sleep didn't due to tea with caffeine I drank at the restaurant. When will I ever remember they don't use decaffeinated? Boy, was it cold at bus duty this morning! I've heard there's snow predicted for New Orleans...they're 200 miles south of us, and we're getting none! What's fair about that?!

I need to order a few presents, but I'm too tired to think clearly enough to do that tonight, so that will go on my list for tomorrow night. Still good days at school right now, but if the holidays don't start soon, I may go crazy. Each day, the students are a little more, shall we say "lively"?

I mailed my exchange cards today, but it was after mail pickup time for today...hope you all get them in time for Christmas. I thought I was going to have to re-buy stamps because with all the rearranging of the furniture, I thought I had misplaced them.

Diedra, the plumbing company should definitely have to pay for their damage.
    Jess, that's a lot to spend on elfing someone! Hope the headache goes away.
    Lisa, worry you're not getting any planning time in the afternoons.
    Tanya, congratulations to Luke. What an accomplishment!
    Lucie, DH's brother had Crohn's. He led a normal life except for during flare-ups. They have better medicines to control it than they did when he was alive. Hope they can get to the bottom of it soon.
    GrammaDeb, I laughed at your comment about DH.
    Debbie, I found an nice electric blanket at Dirt Cheap. I don't go there often, but was very pleased when I found it. Have you tried somewhere like Big Lots or Ross Dress for Less (not sure if y'all have any of those stores, lol)? I love to buy bedding/pillows, etc. from Ross.
    Katrina, I know what you mean about the groceries. Seems they're so expensive and get home with so little.
    Jody, good for you for speaking up about campus security! More schools need to think about it and spend the money needed to secure their campuses, but wait until a tragedy happens being reactive instead of proactive. Prayers for good test results.
    Mel, I hope the new medicines move you into the land of wellness!
    Hi, Laura.

Night, everyone...time is tumbling away toward Christmas!

18. MrsSoup

Evening!

Ugh, this migraine! Early to bed for me tonight with my migraine meds! I assembled the basket and DD and DH have gone out to attempt to deliver it and run to the store for dog food. I had no idea we were out so didn't pick any up. DH called and said the people had their door wide open and were sitting like 4 feet from it. If you know you signed up to be Elfed, why would you do that? So frustrating. I think I would try to slide it on their porch somewhere out of sight and then make some noise or something and run. If he can't do it after the store then he'll have to go back by later tonight. It has to be delivered tonight.

Jane- Sorry you aren't getting any snow! Yes, that is A LOT to spend on elf goodies. Things here cost more for sure, not everything but I definitely noticed when I was buying these goodies and I shopped at the PX instead of running to Walmart.

Goodnight friends.