Wowee Wednesday May 16th 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, May 16, 2018 at 4:17 AM.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH Friends! Middle of May already :)

housewife2 likes this.
  2. luludou

Did not post yesterday, super-uber busy at work and went out at noon to look at some glasses (need to change mine) and we picked up a bracelet and earrings for cw who retires Thursday.

Pam - hope the epidural helped your back
    Pamela - I will Watch some of the royal wedding too.

'later

3. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Good morning Lucie!
    I got up at 6:30 with sore muscles from my workout last night. I did a 30-minute workout this morning, showered and am dressed and ready for work. The work out really get my endorphins going and I feel good. I must keep this up!

I need to call the place that did my CT scan and see if they have the report about the spots they found in the lungs. Hopefully, they will tell me without me having to call the doctor. I also have to call and get another copy of our marriage license because ours got lost in the mail when we sent it to the union office in their envelope. They need it to process DH's retirements. Ugh.

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

Good morning,

Headed out early to drop my car for its 60,000 mile service. They said $624 but because I had the sheet from the last time I was in there for an oil change that says $524, they are giving me the lower price. Good grief, car maintenance is expensive! This is the mega-service before we head across the country again. New tires are next on this list just before we leave. I have a loaner in the most vivid shade of orange, I feel like I'm driving a tangerine. The service should take about 5 hours. I ran a few errands but it was starting to get hot so I just came home. They will call when it's ready.

I picked up a set of The Big Bang Theory Itty Bittys at Hallmark with a 40% off coupon and the cashier asked if I had the hangers. I didn't even know there were hangers. She went into the back and came out with a package and it was on clearance so I snapped that up too. I was going to suggest to Sophia that she tuck them in the branches of her Christmas tree but now she can hang them.

I'm off to unload the dishwasher and make a sandwich. I think I might whip up some pasta salad (out of a box) and stop at the grocery store when I get my car for a thick piece of salami and some provolone from the deli. I cut it into little squares and add it to the salad. It makes it very tasty.

5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

hello to all. went to kohls got a couple tops and apair of capris. went to hobby lobby they were putting up some fall items also in the clearance they had easter grass for 10cents and some cute eggs for 40 cents and some christmas stickers for scrapbooking so i got all good deal i thought. suppose to rain almost everyday this week. oh i got some choclate peantbutter cupcakes from trader joes yummy have agood day

luludou likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Another late night at work last night. I think that will be the norm honestly. I left at 11 p.m. and got there at 6:30. The problem is that no matter how early I get there I can't really start doing anything out on the floor until, at the earliest, 7:30 or so. The store closes at 8. The Nissin noodles and Top Ramen take the same amount of time as everything else on my list combined. I really do enjoy the work. I did find more stuff I had to fix last night from the other girl that I replaced and that took some time, hopefully it's all fixed now. I think I have a routine figured out because I mostly did it by myself last night. Tonight i'll get there later because I have my MRI on my knee and i'll have to go straight to work from there.

This morning we're meeting with the counselor at DS's school to discuss his grades and the possibility of him passing or having to stay for summer school. Please send up a good thought because his dad is going to lose his mind if he has to stay here. I'm so tired of fielding angry text messages like it's my fault. I'll be picking DS up from school and taking him to the DMV this afternoon to get his permit.

Hi Lucie!
    Jody- So glad you're seeing benefits already!
    Pamela- I think the car is cute. Haha
    HW2- Oh how I miss HobLob!
    Pam- How are you feeling today?

Enjoy your day!

7. PamelaG

What is it that you have to fix when you say you have stuff to fix from the other girl? Things in the wrong spot on the shelves? I had a couple of cousins who worked for big companies like Nestle and Purina, it was really interesting to hear how the whole marketing and placement of products takes place. What they have to do to get their products placed at eye level and things like that. Do you have some sort of guide to placement of the products?

8. PamelaG

I have to put Hobby Lobby on my list and check out the clearance aisle!

9. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good evening.

I am uncomfortable. My butt has a very dull ache, and I have had several piercing pains. If it continues, I will call the doctor.

Did a few errands this afternoon. Poor MJ. She is so tired today. The heat and humidity don't help her at all. Bless her heart. This last bout at the hospital took a lot out of her. But I reminded her that she has been on the go for several days. And she is 89!!

I am being lazy today. Trying to rest. I have dishes to do, but they can wait till tomorrow. Oh how I wish we could have dishwashers! I really hate to do them anymore. Also would love washers and dryers in the apartments. But there is no room. Sigh

Hope you are enjoying your evening. Jess, prayers for your Samuel.

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning, had a little sleep in and I am ready to go.
    No work for me today! Because my mum and I had a few things planned today we will do those rather than me stay home and get things done here. My mum is wonderful but a little inflexible. If something is in the diary then it has to be done. So off to the mall today to do a few things.
    Tacos for dinner I think and then a little bit of crafting in front of the tv this evening.
    Work again tomorrow.

Have a great day all.

11. luludou

Lunch with cw's... lots of work yet again. Secretary should be back tomorrow, more than half her job will be redistributed to others no matter what. dh went to see more glasses tonight. it's around $700 each no matter what.
    got home at 7:00, grilled cheese for supper. Lunch & clothes ready for tomorrow. Retirement party is tomorrow night.

'Night

12. MrsSoup

Basically she got lazy after she put in her two weeks notice and started putting things in the wrong place on the shelves and being really sloppy with how she stocked things, overstocking to the point of overflow where it would be hard for customers to even get the product without the item falling off the shelf. We have to make sure that the products are in the correct place with their tags/UPC and neatly stocked. Last night I found that she had hidden 6 packs of noodles behind the 5 packs in the 5 pack area so I had to fix that. Another area of noodles was all messed up and mixed together. There have been several areas that have been overstocked and stuffed in behind other items where they didn't belong because she didn't want to have to take them back to the backstock area like we're supposed to. This causes issues because when more of those products come in, there's no room to stock them because of the over abundance of product that doesn't belong there. It's just frustrating.

13. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello My Friends!!!

For the time being I seem to be 75% up. wires on the outside and inside changed twice--was not my modem. Tech today said it was due to using the browser internet explorer and told Allen to have me use google chrome. Things seem to be working but with pinterest it said to change browser but just taking me to a blank page. Also when trying to view some blogs that I have on my sidebar on my blog I have to put them in by title besides clicking on them.

I have alot to catch up on. Some days I could get on and read but not always. Sorry I won't remember everything to comment on!

Thank you so much for the messages I got thru FB about being missed. I could get to FB more times than not but not post only use the message box.

Anyhoo, I had a 4 day week-end last weekend and we worked outside quite abit. Still GOBS and TONS to do but ..... I am off tom.. Teigan will go to one of my coworkers house after school and pick out 2 kittens. They were born on April 1st. They had 7.

14. MrsSoup

The meeting with the counselor was pretty good. He is confident that DS can and will pass. He says about an 85% chance if he completes his back work this week. We went through each class one by one and he made a list of what DS has turned in but is not recorded in Infinite Campus and he will talk to each teacher about those assignments. DS knows what he has to do this week to be completely caught up as well. We went through the points for each class and how the credits work and it looks possible. DS has a list of things to accomplish tonight and he spoke to a couple teachers today. We have a plan so hopefully he will make it happen and will pass.

I took him for his driver's permit this afternoon and he passed, only got 2 wrong. He's working on homework now. I wasn't feeling good a little bit ago but feel okay now laying down. I should try to nap for a bit but we'll see. Tonight will be a late one. The part came in for the car so DH is outside working on that.

Lana- Good to see you!

15. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Welcome back Lana!!!!

16. PamelaG

Good grief, how lazy! I think our commissary has some workers like this. I couldn't reach something on a top shelf the other day and asked a tall man to help me. He commented that you used to be able to step on the lowest shelf to give yourself a bit of a boost but the boxes of cookies were stacked so far out to the edge, there was nowhere to step.