Wowee Wednesday October 3rd 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Oct 3, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH World ;):)

2. luludou

Hoping to make it a wowee day, will make it work out :) Gray outside this morning.
    Was awake at 3:30 and did not fall back asleep ... day will be long! A bit of a sore throat too
    Did gym.
    Having lunch with the girls (cw's) and need to meet the Financial planning lady at 12:30.
    Supper ready and just needs reheating.

Have a great day

3. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Good morning.

I am feeling so much better today. I am up showered, dressed and have eaten. I will be leaving in a little bit to volunteer in a preschool classroom, I will be volunteering on Wednesdays. The teacher is a friend of mine. She has some challenging students even at the age of 4. If I teach them to hold their pencil correctly that will be a bifg win.

My stove is not working correctly. It has something to do with the electronic igniter. I can light it with a match for now but need to figure it out. My neighbor has a set of books on home repairs and I stop by today to borrow the one on stoves. Really, not ready to purchase a new one but if I did have to I would need to clean the oven of this one.:rolleyes:

Have a good day everyone.

4. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning all!
    Rain rain rain here. A good day to get caught up on some cleaning and laundry....seems I say that every day....not sure I'll ever catch up, lol.

Something tore my screen door apart last night....I'm thinking a raccoon....maybe a bear? I don't know a lot about animals, but I don't think a squirrel could have done it.

Have a great day everyone....can't believe we're already several days into October.

luludou - hope you feel better soon. Seems everyone we know here has a flu bug....seems early in the season.

MissJoDee - sounds like fun volunteering with preschoolers, but they can be a handful!

5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

LC1 and DD are off to work. Not sure for how long but at least they got out the door.

Yesterday we worked on getting some more items into the shed. I saw an empty bracket in the garage that worked perfectly for hanging up our outdoor chairs and table so that is gone. Then Dh picked up some plastic spacers so we installed our trellis on the outside of the shed. It looks nice. I'll grow cucumbers on them next year.

Prayers to all

6. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, MHH Peeps!

I have a counseling appt here shortly, and then out to see Rocky and do laundry. I will be giving and getting lovins galore! I can hardly wait to see my furry boy. He will share whatever I have for lunch. It is hard to tell him no.

I'd best get on the move here. Have a wonderful day!

7. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning all!

Kiddo is home for lunch. I successfully cleaned the house before 10am. Yeah!!

I plan to spend the rest of the day sewing. I have a skirt to sew and a dress to finishing pinning and sew together. I have a huge Rubbermaid box to sort and decide if I have enough to make some quilts. Unfortunately, none of it is the right color to finished the living room quilt. Fooey!!

Temps are supposed to drop 30 degrees tonight. Yikes!!

Hope all of you have a wonderful day.

8. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone! Another warm day today. It is suppose to rain tomorrow and then all weekend. It will be an inside weekend for sure. Need to go shopping this morning, hair appointment this afternoon, then I will pick up youngest grandson from school. Not sure if I will be picking up the girls yet or not. Will find out later today.

My sister and I are going on a cruise in 40 days!! She has always hated the idea and then a few weeks ago she said book it and I will go. She can't be gone long so we will drive to Galveston and spend the night and then board the next day. I am so excited. I have been on several cruises but never had a balcony room. So I wanted it to be special for us so I booked a balcony room.

Pam - enjoy being with Rocky. Get all that loving in.
    Frosty Shimmer - sorry about your door. Wild animals can be destructive.
    Miss JoDee - Hoping you can figure out the stove and that it is something minor.
    Lucie - Sorry you didn't get much sleep. Hope you make it through the day without much exhaustion.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. movie was really funny we enjoyed it. work was very slowtoday. suppose to be 91 tomo. yuck hope everyone has agood night

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I developed a monster migraine yesterday afternoon. It came on suddenly and just got worse and worse. I couldn't even lift my head without horrible pain so I was couch bound pretty much all afternoon/evening until I went upstairs to take a pill and go to bed. I tried a Tylenol and it didn't help. It was on the other side of my head from my last 4 day migraine. I barely got my grocery list started so that will need to be finished up today and I have to get to the Commissary.

This morning is the PTSO meeting at Eli's school and then I have the Spouses' Club board meeting. I'm debating skipping the PTSO meeting, although I would much rather go to that one, but I need to be at the board meeting. One is at 8 and the other at 9 and I know the PTSO won't be over for me to get to the board meeting by 9. If I skip the PTSO then I can get my grocery list done and go straight to the Commissary after my board meeting. I think that is what is going to have to happen, just in case my migraine comes back and to ensure that things get done. I will just have to contact someone later to see what time they need me on Friday for the movie night.

DD has PT this afternoon and she has still been having pain in her foot, so i'm curious if she'll go ahead and say that she needs to see the Ortho again or wait another two weeks. It's been consistent ever since she's been seeing her and doing PT, so it's not going away. I think it's time to go back to Ortho and get another MRI to rule out a broken bone in there. But i'm no doctor.

I'll come back and do personals later.

Enjoy your day!

11. MrsSoup

Lucie- Sorry you didn't sleep well. Have fun at lunch!
    Jody- Glad you are feeling better today! Nice of you to volunteer. I remember when one of the boys were little, I bought a rubber grip that helped them to hold their pencil correctly. Hope you can fix the stove.
    FS- I hope it was just a raccoon and not a bear. Scary to think about.
    Diedra- I hope DD has a good day and lasts a while at work.
    Pam- Have you ever thought about getting a cat? I would suggest a dog but I think that would be too much for you with the walking and such, but a cat might be good. Pets are good for the soul.
    Carrie- I'm glad that your hip is better. Enjoy your sewing! Stay warm!
    Debbie- A cruise sounds wonderful! I want to go on another and so do the children. DD was just asking if we could one of the around the islands cruises, DH said sure if you agree to get nothing for Christmas. LOL
    HW2- What is your first name, if you don't mind me asking? I would love to be able to write your name when I respond to you. :) Stay cool, thanks for the review!

All the kids are off to school and i'm working on finishing up my grocery list. My neck is starting to hurt which doesn't bode well for my day. I may go ahead and take an ibuprofen and try to head off anything that's coming. Either way I have to get the basics done today. I would love to get into my Halloween decorations and start putting some out too.

12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

DD did well at work. She was folding booklets for Anderson Windows. Did about 250 of them in her 2 hours of work. She had lunch and now is napping.

Dh and I cut the side trim pieces for the sliding doors. Then I sanded the ends and have started the varnish. I'm using Tung Oil. Here's a photo of the first coat with two unfinished boards. Now the long wait for it to dry. LC1 asked if i had washed the garage floor because it's so wet from the humidity. lol I might need two or three coats but it's worth the wait.

What did you think of the Presidential phone alert? Or did you not have one today. I wondered if we should give him a call to say I got it.

Attached Files:

13. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Woke up to a text from the spouses' group President asking me to sit in on a board meeting for her so showered and headed out the door. Had already bagged up consignment shop load #2 and the board meeting was over in time for me to get to the shop and drop everything off. Ran to the commissary and picked up a few groceries, then home for lunch. I'll work on a little Project Life this afternoon and then do some more purging. I lost my ENTIRE household inventory - the app appears to be defunct. I tried to email the support center but that came back undeliverable. So frustrating. Hours of work wasted not to mention the receipts and other documents I had copied into the app. No time to start all over again now. I guess when we get a house, I'll inventory as we open boxes once I find a new app.

14. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all. Lovely weather today - just like summer.

Didn't sleep too well and woke up feeling rotten. Nonetheless made it through lunch with my friend and managed to clean out a few drawers before I left. Also did the PO an the library. Home now and time to make dinner - I'll make the tacos from yesterday's taco Tuesday that I didn't make. I should take some meds and then relax tonight. Need to go to the commissary tomorrow and the bank...

Pamela - how frustrating! Wasteful as it is, I often print things out for just that reason
    Pam - Puppy love......
    Jess - hoping your migraines go away
    Diedra - I was in a restaurant when all the phones went off. Obviously no one had remembered to silence theirs
    Debbie - a cruise! how wonderful!
    Jody - time for a new stove
    FS - laundry is unending
    Carrie - hope you can use most of the fabric pieces you got
    Lucie - hope you get some sleep tonight
    HW2 - would love to know yur name....

15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Jody, I have had the automatic igniter replaced twice on my stove. Depending on how much it will cost, you may consider if that is the problem.

My computer is saying the webcam is recording something. I don't know why or how, but I have it covered up, because I don't like that. Girl kitty stayed in today and threw up on our comforter, so have to wash it now. o_O

Church tonight. I have to leave in about 5 minutes, but wanted to pop in and see what everyone is up to.

Later, everyone.

16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Today would have been my dad's birthday. My mum and I will go and visit his gravesite today and lay some flowers and say hello.
    Then off to my mum's to wrap the stocking fillers. We do all the stockings today so there will be about 14 stockings been wrapped today. We like to get it done early so we can see how full the stockings are and if we need a few more things. Our stockings are actually "Santa sacks" and are much bigger than a grocery store bag so they take some filling.

Jody, our auto igniter went out Christmas morning last year. the plumber said that sometimes a little moisture gets into the lines and can stop the igniter from working. Keep using it by lighting with a match and it should (if it is moisture) clear in a week or so. We did that and out igniter works now.

Miss JoDee likes this.
  17. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

Skipped PTSO and finished up my grocery list. Went to my board meeting and then the Commissary. I group texted the Commander's wife and the outgoing FRG person to arrange a meeting for all of us to get together so we can get whatever rosters and paperwork the outgoing has to give us.

Now i'm going to finish up my learning guide to be done with Unit 1 so I can start on Unit 2. I just watched This Is Us from last night and now am watching New Amsterdam. The kids have early release today so will be home in the next hour or so.

Diedra- We got the alert, hope to not get them unless it's a true emergency. Glad Vanessa had a good day.
    Pamela- Sorry about the app.
    Debbie- Sorry you're not feeling great, you should definitely take those meds and rest.
    Jane- That's creepy about your webcam.
    Katrina- Those sound like impressive stockings!

18. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

On Amazon, if you have Kindle Unlimited, Krisann Blair's book Taking Christmas from Stressed to Blessed if free to download today only.

19. luludou

Evening
    felt rotten all day... chills and sore throat. taking echinacea tonight and neo-citran. tummy is sensitive too :(

1 load in dryer and 1 in washer. dusted and vaccumed both kid's room and put the sheets in the washer.
    DH has been sleeping in his chair for the past hour... wonder if he'll wake up early tomorrow :rolleyes:

Night

20. MrsSoup

DD's PT is going to email the Ortho doc and see what she wants to do, if she wants to see her or have her do another MRI or what. She is to continue keeping a pain log but to add the intensity of her pain when it happens going forward. So we'll see. I'm hoping for another MRI just to set my mind at ease that there's not something still broken, or newly broken, in there. I would feel much better knowing for 100% certainty. DD is a tough cookie, I mean she walked around on a broken foot with no complaint for over a month, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that she had rebroken something and that is the source of the pain that is not getting better. The PT doesn't seem to think so.

I really need the Halloween Fairy to come decorate my house. I have zero motivation to do it, but I want it to be done. haha

Feel better Lucie!