Wrapping Parties- 2014

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Guess what?!

The time has come! Our first wrapping party of 2014 is THIS Saturday, August 2nd!

Many may not have anything to wrap but this would be a good day to check out your supplies, maybe pick a color scheme.

Or go out and buy one thing so you can wrap and have something ready to put under the tree come December!

Annie

Last edited:

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I spent part of the weekend organizing my tote of Christmas wrap supplies (and regular wrapping stuff that was in the closet too). Aggy-my tote didn't make it into storage either this year, lol.

Got plenty of labels, ribbons, bows. I took advantage of the Current catalog clearance sale after Christmas (thanks for that tip Lisa!) and got plenty of new wrapping paper.

:smilegifts:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tomorrow I will be looking through my stocking fillers to see what I have and what I may still need to buy, and make a list.
On Saturday I wold like to get out my wrapping paper and just check what I have. I don't usually pick a specific colour theme, but I do like to wrap the boys gifts in boy paper etc. I am sure that I do not need paper but I seem to buy loads each year.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I need to check my paper. It seems I remember not buying much after Christmas because I didn't really like many that were left. I usually love the ones at Target, but not so much last year. I think I'm going with traditional colors this year.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MissJane, it is nice that we are doing something towards Christmas. I can hardly wait.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thanks!

Thanks for the reminder, Annie. I have to peek in my stash bin ... check and update my App!!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Ah, I'm so excited that I'm finally going to be able to participate in the party. I kept forgetting last year. I am a bit confused about why we would have 7 wrapping party dates set up BEFORE setting up a wrapping station? I will make sure to go get myself some hot chocolate and get my wrapping station set up to prepare for Saturday's party. I'll crank up the Christmas music on my computer and simply create some beautiful packages. I'm using fairly generic paper but will add ornaments and accessories to make it Christmassy(sp). I really need this Christmas fix right now. LOL

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
snowlvr- I died laughing reading about your friend.

I have been guilty of that- not for Christmas- but for a baby shower, I brought my wrapping paper, tape, scissors, stopped by Target on the way to the shower for the gift, then wrapped in the car.

Bahahahaa

Sugarplum- I laughed again at your post from the day after Christmas (when I posted the wrapping party dates) and you said, "I'm done with this Christmas but I just got excited for next year's wrapping parties."
And here we are! Crazy, huh!

ejagno- Your time getting your wrapping station together sounds wonderful!

I love this group!!!!

Annie

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Annie-I like to take a few months off thinking about Christmas planning so it feels special again. July comes and I start sneaking the Christmas music and start working on my notebook and plans. So I get a good 6 months of Christmas planning! I love that I can come here and read old threads and get a little nip of yuletide cheer the rest of the year too.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've left this weekend off my calendar because I'm going to be gone camping, but all the dates are on my calendar now for the remainder of the year!

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
cant wait I have some things to wrap. will enjoy having a Christmas movie on while I am wrapping. enjoy!!!!

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
OOOOoooooo Bryan is out on Saturday night, so I am in and I'm going to grab my diary to pop the other dates in.

I don't have paper though...., BUT I should be able to get some. I'm going to try going for metallic paper in gold, red or green and accessorise with the other colours. For Rowan I also want to wrap stuff in tissue paper and put them in a gift bag. I think it should look different from my other stuff. What do you guys do that way?

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Michelle, that metallic sounds lovely. For my kids, I always did Santa theme or kiddie type paper.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
First wrapping party of 2014 is HERE!!!!!!!!

When I set up these dates after Christmas they seem so far off and Whomp! Here they are!

Post here if you are wrapping or doing any prep for Christmas today!

Annie

:santa:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Happy Wrapping Day

I have some coffee cups and coffee candles that I need to decide how I'm going to wrap them together for my friend's gifts.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I am planning my new gift wrapping center and I can't wait to get everything set up in it's new "permanent" space in the guest suite. I have a nice 6' Rubbermaid folding table that sits below a huge slat wall organizer board with lots of hooks, baskets and bins to hold all of the ribbons, accessories and paper on. Why didn't I ever think of this before? LOL I have 5 gifts I'm hoping to finish accessorizing once it's set up.

I do hope everyone is getting their gift wrapping set up or at least planned out.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Michelle hope you feel better soon.

Too hot here for wrapping, but I did finish going over my Christmas notebook and looking at stocking stuffer ideas. I made a list of stuff I need to buy :) for gifts too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I did not wrap, but I did look through my notebook, see what I have and what I still need. I put some dates in my notebook and some ideas. I had a great day and am really excited about this Christmas, I have a feeling it will be great.