Wrapping Parties- 2014

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
I re arranged my room that I have all my supplies in. wrapped 6 gifts while listening to Christmas carols enjoy

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Michelle, a wee substitute day will be grand. The thing is we still have plenty of time and still have plenty of opportunities.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
The day doesn't really matter, it's all about getting some wrapping done so we aren't spending the week of Christmas, and ESPECIALLY Christmas Eve wrapping.

Raise your hand if you have wrapped into the wee hours on Christmas Eve!!!

festivefun- At least you have wrapping!

Glad you are feeling better!

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I want to wrap my mom's stocking stuffers and pin a list of what is in there to the stocking with the prices (so all my siblings can contribute :) ). Maybe this weekend?

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
aggy and lucie- GO for it!

You can have a wrapping party any time! :)

Annie

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I won't be wrapping just yet, as the tape comes unstuck if I wrap too early. But I have been guilty of Christmas afternoon wrapping in the past - that is not good. I am still gathering gifts, and the spreadsheet is showing a few lines of Y (yes - purchased in entirety) for different people. Lots more still to do, but I have also started to gather tape and will need some new paper this year (and ribbon, and non-Christmas wrap too) that I am keeping an eye out for.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
WingedOne I have been late with the wrapping before BUT never Christmas afternoon. That is so funny.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I've done Christmas afternoon in the past.....

Blah!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Both at home here, and in my parents' house, opening is done in late afternoon when either we get home from visiting, or all my parents visitors are gone. It's rare, but there have been occasions with me throwing the last few things under the tree as we start to open them.

My mother used to often hold up the festivities as she would do the same. But she has improved since we all got grown up (and left home)!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
How did I miss this last year? I think this is brilliant!

You made me stop and think about stocking stuffers that I can purchase now and wrap.

Thanks!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Holiday Mom- Glad you found the wrapping parties!!!!

:)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Holiday_Mom, welcome aboard. The wrapping parties are a life saver for me. Gives me the push I need to have it all done well before Christmas Eve. If I don"t have things to wrap, I use the day to reorganise my gift closet, or clean out a folder, anything that helps with Christmas prep.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
So I didn't wrap when I should've but I did wrap what I had for mom's stocking today :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Good job, Lucie!!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
I wrapped at the weekend - maybe not Christmas but 4 birthday presents and an engagement present to bring with me this weekend "down home" (my DMom will distribute to the right people between now and start November), and a birthday present for DD's friend this weekend too.

I have moved a lot of the presents to a single large tub in the storage unit, and I intend to take that home again in about a month to wrap the contents on one of my Friday's off, and return to storage before DD gets home. And then I can even include a couple for DH and DD once they are wrapped (they're currently separate in the top of my wardrobe).

I have gathered a lot of the supplies needed though, and think I have enough for this Christmas season, including ribbons and tags.