Wrapping Parties- 2014

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
Got 2 things wrapped this morning. For DGS. Woohoo hoooooo. Makes me feel even more ready ...

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Got 2 things wrapped this morning. For DGS. Woohoo hoooooo. Makes me feel even more ready ...

DawnSu, you made me think I'd missed another wrapping party date. LOL I missed August completely and I've got several gifts to wrap for our Sept. 27th wrapping party.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
Lol I am sorry Ellen. I am like u. I miss them till this year, I have made a pack to wrap it if it's only 2 or 3. Then I put the dates in my phone so I get reminders now too... Am gonna stay on top of it this year.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I am gathering a lot of gifts in a large tub (currently in the storage unit), along with another couple of things I've bought in the past couple of weeks. My plan is that I will get a free Friday (no appointments and my finger should be healed) on 26th Sept, so I will wrap most of those then, and replace in the storage unit. All going well, I will also get to wrap a few things for DH and DD that I have stashed in my wardrobe - as I am afraid to put them unwrapped in the storage unit for fear of them being seen!

But I will still have to keep some things in my wardrobe, as the Christmas Eve pj's for all don't get wrapped (although I could put them in a bag somewhat "hidden in plain sight"!), and Santa doesn't wrap in our house either (I know he does wrap in some houses and not in others, but we don't have a "Briony" wrapping elf in our section!!!).

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
On our next wrapping day I will be wrapping the stocking fillers, and putting them in the sacks that we use. I will then be able to tell if I am fine or if I need to buy a few more things.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Our next wrapping party is coming up!

This Saturday, September 27th!

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I wrapped one gift to put in my stocking today :) Also wrapped the elf gifts.

I need a few more small boxes. Went through my gift closet and now know what boxes I need to do the wrapping.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
DS will be at work and DD will be in her room doing school work this Saturday, so I will be able to do some wrapping!!

I do not want a repeat of last year - last minute, stressed out wrapping.

Not this year!!!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
I intend wrapping a lot this weekend as DD and DH are going to our parents for the weekend, but I am staying home "to get a break". Wrapping will be a break for me.

Oh, just realized, they're taking the car. Maybe I'll wrap tomorrow or Thursday (whichever one I take off instead of Friday) and clean over the weekend instead. Or else wrap lots next Wednesday (again have to take a different day next week due to senior management conference!).

Right, that's it, I have decided, I will be wrapping on Wednesday 1st October!!

(Now, I wonder if I can get a lot more purchasing done in time for that deadline!!)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This is fun!!!!! Let's see…. September Rudy Day is Thursday, this week. Our Wrapping Day is Saturday. We are going to a birthday party on Wednesday evening: Result: very good week for wrapping gifts!!! Organizing gift closets (dressers). Working on cards and calendars and plans.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Woohoo!!! Thanks SparkleNana, I am off on Rudy Day!! So I will play some Christmassy movies on the dvd player while I tackle the living room, and play Merry Christmas Radio on the iPad upstairs when I get up to tackle the bedroom!!

That has really cheered me up this morning!!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Wrapping party tomorrow!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wrapping Party…. Tomorrow! Of course….. the "Wrapping Party Umbrella"… will certainly cover Sunday, too!

Do you forget what is inside those wrapped package? of course! So…. a discrete little notebook…. with the secrets written inside… is an important part of our Wrapping Parties!

How about Christmas cards? Do you have a supply that are ready to go? I have some cards, that I found last year, that I really love! It will be fun to address them.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
So excited to wrap my first gifts of the year!!!

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
With the band competition today, my wrapping party will be tomorrow..I actually have a couple of things to wrap, that makes me happy! I got a huge bag of all sorts of Christmas wrapping paper at a local second had store a few weeks ago, so I am good on that..this is such a brilliant idea!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
YIPEE!

Let's get this party started.
:smilegifts:
Now I want to see some pictures of beautifully wrapped presents with handmade touches like a beautiful bow, accessories and ribbons galore. It's not Christmas Eve so you can take your time and pour some creative love into this.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
PARTY ON!!!!!! And what a beautiful party it is: US…. relaxing with our besties! Our homies! Our gang! Our peeps! Our… OK. You know what I am trying to say. We are with people who LOVE Christmas…. just like we do!!!! Ejagno… you started us off, in holiday mode, with your description of the cute collection of small (plastic) bottles…. each one filled with a different treat…. for little children!!!!

Yesterday, for one kind of "after-school food", dgs5's kindergarden friend… did not want saltines…. he wanted Ritz crackers! I think they make Ritz Crackers in "mini sizes". Maybe tiny pretzels? I bet we can find lots of different "mini" things… for these decorated bottles.

I have aalready "joined the party"… mentally! What fun!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have a card table setup in the living room and am ready to get wrapping.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
YIPEE!

Let's get this party started.
:smilegifts:
Now I want to see some pictures of beautifully wrapped presents with handmade touches like a beautiful bow, accessories and ribbons galore. It's not Christmas Eve so you can take your time and pour some creative love into this.

Ellen,

You have made such a good point. We aren't in any hurry if we are wrapping today, so there is no reason to be rushing through the process and producing sad loooking packages.

I HATE wrapping and tend to do it really fast to get it over with - this is why my gifts look like the dog wrapped them.

I need to slow down and enjoy the entire process of gift giving - including the wrapping!!

Thank you!!!