Wrapping Parties- 2014

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Accessorize

Once upon a time, long long ago, Oct was my month to find accessories for my packages. If you were a very good guesser you might be able to figure out what was inside.

I packaged ceramic wind chime naivety sets. I put tiny wind chimes with the bows. Beautiful mixing bowls had small wire whisks. Cookie ornaments went with a coffee machine. So that is usually how I picked the accessories. I really need to get back to doing more than just tossing on some wrapping paper.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The wrapping party was a big success for me!!

I only had 7 presents to wrap, so it didn't take long. I wasn't in a hurry, so they look pretty good.

I have to store them in totes, so ribbons and such won't get put on until they are ready to go under the tree.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Wow, Mel, if your dog can wrap presents, that's impressive no matter how they look. I'm glad your day was successful.

I used to be very artistic with my wrapping, too, with themes and such. The last few years have been much more basic. I wasn't able to wrap yesterday but I'm hoping to carve out some time this afternoon.

Chris

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Since I was out all day yesterday I hope to do some today.

I am always worried about the ribbons and stuff going flat so I might just do some paper wrapping today and do the fancy stuff later - even though I do store them in totes.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm still working on my husband moving 3 computers from my paper wrapping station area. I CAN'T GET TO MY STUFF I told him. He keeps towers and pulls parts, well when his office gets full, they conveniently end up in from of my wrapping paper tubs. uggg!!

Anyone know if Hallmark has their Christmas wrap out yet? I wanna wait to wrap till I see their collections. They always do that B1G1F sale, so I'm waiting, but I haven't been out to check my store yet.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm still working on my husband moving 3 computers from my paper wrapping station area. I CAN'T GET TO MY STUFF I told him. He keeps towers and pulls parts, well when his office gets full, they conveniently end up in from of my wrapping paper tubs. uggg!!

I'm sure he wanted you to wrap those items and put them back in his office.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
lol! Diedra like your way of thinking. Updated my 'ideas' list for gifts. Need to find a few boxes.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Great job, everybody!

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Wrapped gifts for my 2 nieces' birthdays... one in September (she will be having her gift this weekend as we have not seen her since) and the other in October. Only have 1 nephew left in november (he'll probably want $$) and then the rest is December wrapping.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Lucie - it is nice when the birthdays are out of the way and we can concentrate on Christmas wrapping.

DD's birthday in September was the last one for the year.

Just Christmas wrapping for me!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My mum and I wrapped the stocking fillers. We wrap some and leave some unwrapped. i have put all the fillers into the stockings (actually sacks) and with the exception of a few little bits the stockings are done.
I have a few gifts ready to wrap, am not going for any theme, just use the paper that I have in my stash. I quite like the look of lots of different paper under the tree.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have a few gifts ready to wrap, am not going for any theme, just use the paper that I have in my stash. I quite like the look of lots of different paper under the tree.

I feel the same way. I love seeing different colors and patterns of wrapping paper under the tree.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mel, I also feel that for me the thought of coming up with a theme is just too hard lol. I have enough to worry about.!!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I love a theme.
I find that it also makes my life much easier late on the 24th when I am putting gifts from Santa out. I give DS one gift from me, the rest are from Santa. I find that with colour wrapped presents, I don't have to think when I am putting them out- usually after midnight when I am really, really tired.
Each person gets different wrapping paper for those that have multiple gifts. I overbuy each year and then give what's left to my cleaning lady. With DS finishing school early I need to be finished wrapping before Dec 3rd. My cleaning lady is very last minute so what I don't use gets used by her.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Katrina, WTG on the stocking stuffers! I need to do that for both my kids... it takes sooo long... but they love having everything wrapped... talked to dd about it one year saying I wouldn't wrap everything and she would have none of it ;)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Our next wrapping party is upon us!!

This Saturday, the 18th!

You can substitute for Sunday the 19th if you need to- or any day that works for you.

The goal is simply to get going so we are not wrapping the last week before Christmas and ESPECIALLY not on Christmas Eve- the worst!

Annie

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
HAPPY WRAPPING PARTY DAY…. WEEKEND!!!!! 10/18-19.2014!

There is A LOT of "stuff"…. connected with our Christmas celebrations!!! Gifts, wrapping supplies, food, party clothes, party stuff, cards…… on and on and on it goes! we need to to….. at least "mentally"….. organize and move around….. all this wonderful stuff! In the midst of Real Life…. which is pretty busy too!!!!

Today…. I am going to try to "move around some of this Christmas stuff". Mentally and physically! And to…. move things forward…. along their path to Christmas!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
So far… I've been putting up Halloween decorations…. outside. Here, in our school district…. Halloween is a school holiday!!!!!!! It's fun for the kids…. because they have Halloween parties on Thursday, at school. And then Friday is Halloween.

While I was outside, a neighbor walked by. Two streets over…. that street usually has a Halloween "street-party". WE need to find out when it is scheduled. Because…. if it is NOT on Halloween Day…. maybe we need to put something together. I'll keep you posted!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My wrapping party will take place on Tuesday.

DS will be at work and DD will be working hard to finish up her two classes that are done at the end of the month.

I have a closet full of empty boxes to use and every time I open it I get hit in the face with a box, so it is time to get some gifts into those empty boxes and get them wrapped!!