Wrapping Parties 2017

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by sweetpumkinpye, May 11, 2017.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

have some things to wrap . looking fwd to that.i always play a christmas movie when i wrap

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I've got some things ready to wrap. Katrina that is a wonderful idea with your mom

sweetpumkinpye likes this.
  3. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I have one thing I could go ahead and wrap...DsonIL's luggage. Right now, it's in the spare bedroom. I need to wrap it and get it out of sight.

Have you all decided or do you have a wrapping theme this year?

4. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

MissJane, I don't have a wrapping theme as such. I love the mishmash of colours and shapes under the tree. I wrap most gifts but put others in bags and boxes to make a wonderful display under the tree.

5. jollykelly

jollykelly Active Member

Just a reminder that the first wrapping party is tomorrow!

Thank you Katrina for keeping me organized.

I plan on wrapping the gifts in my gift closet and listening to Christmas music while I do it.

6. sweetpumkinpye

First wrapping day today. I am not going to be wrapping as it is a Saturday and of course everyone is home. I am going to go through my planner and write any more stocking fillers that I want to buy. I may also get time to go through the stockpile and see what foods I have for Christmas. What ever I do, Christmas will be the focus of the day.

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  7. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

I would like to go on the records and say I wrapped 5 Christmas gifts, 2 Halloween gifts, and 1 Birthday gift this past week. Holy Heck I'm proud of myself..hahaha

jollykelly and Holiday_Mom like this.
  8. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

I just went and bought 12 rolls of Scotch tape and I'm on my way home to wrap wrap wrap baby

jollykelly and Holiday_Mom like this.
  9. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Active Member

After reading some of these replies, I want to wrap now. :) I don't have gifts or stocking stuffers yet.

I did chuckle reading that Aunt Jamelle bought 12 rolls of Scotch Tape. I did the same thing two weeks ago. Some of my children must have gone tape crazy this summer because we were out of tape. I know I had 4 rolls in May. I used to have a "secret" stash of holiday wrapping supplies. I don't think it's so secret anymore. :D

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

im wrapping some gifts after dinner tonite.

11. MinnieCo

I buy a multi pack from Costco when they put them out, along with 2 giant packs of tissue paper..

12. sweetpumkinpye

I had a fabulous day yesterday planning and making lists (and checking twice). I am torn between Oh MY GOODNESS I need more weeks and I want Christmas now!!!!
    Come September the excitement really begins for me.
    Looking forward to the next wrapping party.

13. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I didn't wrap but I figured out a new place for a gift closet.

sweetpumkinpye likes this.
  14. MinnieCo

Some progress is better than no progress ahorsesoul

15. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

I did not wrap either But i got my Christmas binder/ planner updated. I was not entirely happy with the way I had it set up last year. So Im trying something new. Had a tentative discussion with Luke about staying home V's going out, ideas for a different breakfast on Christmas morning also discussed the possibility of changing Christmas Eve dinner up a bit.

16. AuntJamelle

Well, I did get some wrapping done. Not as much as I was hoping, but some. Because you KNOW, as soon as I got started, DS came upstairs and he wanted to wrap something too - lol

All in all, I think I got a dozen things wrapped? I focused on the felt ornaments I've made and other small crafted gifts. Didn't realize how much I have already to wrap! Went through my box of stocking stuffers and misc. items and there is quite a bit to wrap in there too. Plus the at least 3 toy gifts I've hidden away for DS.

Now that I've got everything pulled out I'll try to keep wrapping here and there as time allows.

I need to follow Ahorsesoul's lead and figure out where to PUT the wrapped gifts!

17. sweetpumkinpye

Good job to all of you that got something wrapped. You will be that little bit ahead of the game come December.
    Next wrapping party is September 16th I believe. The weeks are rolling by now.

18. Skippy1707

Skippy1707 Member

Im in! I have a few things brought for my daughter and family already that I can sit and wrap. I do need to find labels though but I have some Christmas cards that are the small ones that Im thinking if I cut up and hole punch with some nice ribbon I can make my own labels. Looking forward to some christmas tunes. Im in the UK - will anyone else here be up for me to chat with whilst I wrap??

19. AuntJamelle