Wrapping Parties 2017

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by sweetpumkinpye, May 11, 2017.

1. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Keep going guys.....we are nearly there.
    I need to find some cellophane and wrap a little hamper that I have done for my mum.
    DH has not wrapped mine yet, but still have time. He always comes through.

2. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Wrapped 5 presents last night before the pain in my back made me throw in the towel. Will try to do more tonight...I'm thinking gift bags are a good idea this year...

3. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Active Member

AJ, sorry your back is hurting. I use my ironing board for wrapping. I can lower it and sit to wrap or I can raise it up and stand. I works for me. I have done the wrapping while sitting on the bed and it was so much harder.

Yes, gifts bags are a good alternative, if you have them already. I have a stash plus plenty of wrapping paper. I am trying to use everything I have before purchasing more.

sweetpumkinpye likes this.
  4. sweetpumkinpye

Miss JoDee,
    I have not bought a single gift bag or roll of wrapping paper this year. I have so much from previous years that I am using it up before looking at more. Will have to be very strict when at the after Christmas sales.

Miss JoDee likes this.
  5. sweetpumkinpye

Phew, we made it.
    Thanks for joining me throughout the last part of the year to wrap and prepare for Christmas. Hopefully by sticking to the planned days wrapping was a little less of a chore this year and it gave us time to focus on other areas or just relax in the lead up to Christmas.

Well done to you all.

6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Thanks to all for helping me to be a better wrapper.

7. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Active Member

I was able to get my wrapping done early this year and it was so wonderful. I shall keep this in mind for 2018 to get me motivated to wrap.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
  8. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Active Member

Having these dates, whether I was actually able to get the wrapping done or not, helped me to stay focus early on.

9. sweetpumkinpye

If everyone is happy for me to continue planning the wrapping days for 2018 I will make a note in my planner and post dates around June/July.

10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Thank you Katrina.

11. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Thanks Katrina!

Jaymee was my life saver. Waiting Christmas Eve a.m. for that night and for Christmas a.m..

12. sweetpumkinpye

Lana, always nice to have the help. My mum and I wrap together and it certainly helps save both time and my patience. Wrapping is not my favourite thing.

13. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Active Member

Yes, Katrina please do set the wrapping parties. You keep us going all season. Thank you.

14. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Active Member

Yes, Katrina, that would be nice!

15. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Thanks, Katrina. I don't always get to wrap on the party days, but I use the days to stay focused on things I need for wrapping...or for realization that I have nothing TO wrap:eek::D! I always look forward to your posting the dates!

16. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

Yes, thanks- I did not always wrap on the dates but it kept me focused and aware. I also used the dates as a reminder to check the gifts etc... that I already had.

Keep it going Katrina- you did a great job!

17. sweetpumkinpye

Thanks guys:)
    Will post dates around June/July.