Wrapping Party 2018

Discussion in 'Christmas Countdown' started by sweetpumkinpye, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Active Member

I'm glad to know that I'm in good company when it comes to tape. I kept a pair of scissor and tape for gift wrapping only a hidden secret until last year when it was discovered. Now I have a second set of scissors/tape for gift wrapping only that is hidden, for now. :rolleyes:

I'll be going out to finish school supply shopping tomorrow and I'll pick up the tape and some "garage sale" tags for gift tags.

2. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Sounds like most of us had a great first wrapping day.
    Having read these comments though I am adding tape to the shopping list for this week!!!!

3. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Cleaned up my craft area in prep for getting out and setting up wrapping supplies. Got out my supply of bows - the tote of wired ribbon never got put away last year so that is handy, lol

Will work on getting other supplies out next!

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  4. sweetpumkinpye

The second of the wrapping parties for this year is coming up this Sunday 23rd September.
    A great chance to wrap some gifts, organise the gift closet or make a list. Great to tick some jobs off the list.
    Put on some music and get wrapping!!!!

5. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

I may box some gifts. I usually like to box them as I go and save wrapping for big sessions later in the year.

6. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

I've decided that I am going to spend 1 hour every Sunday morning on wrapping - have plugged it into my daily planner tool between now and Christmas on any Sunday it will possibly work. I'm just going to set a timer and when the hour is up I move on.

My schedule is so packed already between LIFE and HGP and freezer cooking and crafting that I wasn't leaving any room for wrapping. So that is what I am going to try - starting with this Sunday which is a wrap party anyway!

Once I get caught up on wrapping all the things I've got so far - most of them crafted gifts - then I can play it by ear if I need to spend time on any given Sunday or not.

7. sweetpumkinpye

AJ. Good plan. I am in my craft room now. I have just checked ribbons, bows, tape (I need more tape), tissue paper and Christmas cards. I am ready for the wrapping party this Sunday.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

This Sunday? yay! I will take time to do this on Monday when I am alone :)

AuntJamelle likes this.
  9. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Member

Sunday is perfect. My husband will be gone all day! No interruptions

10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I entered all the dates into my phone.

11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

i have acouple things to wrap will do before i go get my grandson