Yay it's Friday December 7th 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Dec 7, 2018 at 5:24 AM.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH world! Snow is in the air today

2. luludou

Roads were slippery this Morning. DH did not come home late last night, he was home by 9:30 and had not eaten! says there were only hors-d'oeuvres and most were things he didn't know and mostly fish :rolleyes: I would've loved it.
    Was awake at 4:00, ah well at least tomorrow is Saturday.

Having lunch with ex-team boss today, will do us good to chat together. She is still the one who approves my time and absences but we are not located in the same sector anymore.

Have a great day

3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny and cold again today.

Final packing has begun! This is always very stressful for DH - he may not realize it, but it is and therefore for me too since I try to be done early. If I have time I might try and wrap some Christmas gifts since I picked up some nice paper yesterday.

Buffy is at the "spa" for the week. She will also have a holiday "photo session" on Monday.

Katrina - enjoy Drill Dance with mum! Glad you were able to score all that Christmas stuff at the market
    Lucie - don't you hate it when someone has a party and doesn't serve "real" food! Poor DH - how he must have suffered.

4. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I am feeling blessed today. While sitting here drinking my tea and going through emails. I see how much I have been given. DH has been wonderful in assisting with things around the house and after all the work we did to get everything in order for retirement I find myself content and secure in life. God is so Good.

Today, I will be going to exBoss' house to get her kids off the bus at noon and stay with them a couple of hours until her husband gets home. The kids will be tying the fleece blankets I prepared for them earlier this week.

I need to head downstairs and do some quick straightening up before I have to head out.

DS's friend will arrive around noon today.
    Hi Debbie, enjoy your wrapping party.

Lucie, Saturday's are always a good day to sleep in. Enjoy your luncheon with co-worker.

5. Lori K

Lori K New Member

Good morning, everyone. With all the crazy weather they're predicting across the country, I wanted to stop in and wish everyone a great Friday and weekend and say please say safe! We are on the cold side of the weather, but a little shift, and my area might be in the heavy snow belt. I started this morning with a quarterly blood draw, related to my meds, and a long commute into Chicago (prime rush hour on the highways; I typically commute by train). Hoping to get the garland on the deck re-hung tonite after work, and if not, first thing tomorrow. There will be groceries and some last minute shopping tomorrow, along with some baking, and a holiday dinner with my widows and widowers group, followed by a Christmas concert at my DD's former high school (Catholic girls school) on Sunday afternoon. They typically end with the "Hallelujah Chorus" and invite former members of the Choir to join them on stage. My DD said she's not sure if she remembers it well enough to go up on stage. We'll see! :) Open the gift of a new and blessed day! Happy Friday!

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Happy Aloha Friday!

I have a slight sinus headache this morning but nothing major. The holiday party went well last night I think. There was just enough food for everyone so that worked out perfectly and they gave us way too many tortillas so we have an entire box left. I'm going to call them today and see if they would like them back because otherwise we're just going to throw them away. Maybe they'll credit us some money back. It's a lot of tortillas, at least 8-12 packages. They were the tiny tortillas. I didn't win anything for the chili cook-off, but that's okay.

I have to call Ortho back for DD first thing this morning because her cast has already cracked. For some reason the person that did it left it overhanging past her toes, almost like a shoe but with the top open. Last night right before bed when she stepped down and put weight on it (which she's allowed to do this time) it cracked on the corners where it meets the rest of the cast. We could just break it right off. So, it needs to come off. I could cut if off but then it will be rough, so they're going to have to fix it. They also only put one layer of the wrap on top and last time they put at least two. This is supposed to be a weight bearing cast so I was surprised she didn't put more layers on. I'm not sure she was aware. :rolleyes: I'll ask if we end up back there today. Eli went to the Orthodontist and his back molars still aren't down quite enough yet, so another 6 months we have to wait before being able to start on his expander.

I have to run to Walmart today and pick up a gift my mom ordered for Eli for store pickup, so nice that she can do that and not have to ship some things. I may or may not make dough today, we'll see.

Lucie- Enjoy your lunch today!
    Debbie- I may try to wrap a few things today too. Can't wait to see the photos!
    Jody- The fleece blankets sound fun!
    Lori- Stay safe if you get any of the weather! The concert sounds nice!

Enjoy your day!

7. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone!

Had a doc appt this a.m. at 8:30!!! I told them from now on nothing before 10! So my next one is at 9:20. Can people not read? I am gonna call and change it. Not until March so have some time.

I had a good visit, and lost five more lbs. I was pleased about that. My pants and jeans are getting big on me. Yay for me. After the doc I went to Aldi's. Jess, I found my sugar cookie recipe. (I think I need to recopy it.) Thanks for the offer of yours. I had to buy shortening, and I never use that. I always use oil, but this is a tried and true recipe, and is older than I am. That is very old! Lol

Came home and put stuff away, and dishes in to soak. I did laundry yesterday, but by the time I got home from DD's, I was not feeling well. I went to bed before 7:30. My tummy was really hurting.

It was so cold out this a.m. The doors on my car were frozen as were my car windows. Ugh! I hate that when it happens! I had to stop a couple of times to clean more off the Windows. Wasn't too happy about that. I will try to get the apron finished this weekend. It is gonna be very busy. After church on Sunday is our soup lunch to benefit the quilt ministry. We are not funded by the church. And no one pays for a quilt. It is blessed by the Lord.

I asked Steve last night how Brysen is doing. He said B is really growing and is a cute little porker. Steve made him laugh for the first time. He is smiling and cooing up a storm. At least I have his Christmas done.
    I can hardly wait to see him! I love him so much!

Well, I guess I had better get busy. It is Pearl Harbor Day. I may watch the movie Pearl Harbor. I am amazed at how much we were not taught in school.

Ok, hope you all have a great Friday! TTYL!!!

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

I called our Ortho nurse and she couldn't believe that DD's cast had cracked. I told her that the tech had only put one layer of the outside wrap on and last time they put probably 3 and she agreed that wasn't right. But she said it's not the first time they have had issues with this tech. She said we could come in at any time but that Dr. West likes to use these types of things as teaching moments and would like to be there when she gets recasted, so we're going in at 1:00, but we might have to wait if she's not done with her case yet. Hopefully not, as it is we might not be back to get Eli off the bus. :( DH has payday activities today so maybe he'll be off in time and be home.

Pam- Glad Brysen is doing well.

9. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

On the night before the moving company came, now-Ex husband told me there wasn't anything to do when the packers came since they did it all. The next morning he saw we getting dressed up and getting my coat so asked what I was doing. I told him there was nothing to do today so I was spending the day downtown in Germany shopping and no I was not taking the kids. Best day ever. lol

It is stressful moving no matter if we do it ourselves or have someone else do the packing. I pack better than any moving company with all the moves I had in my life.

10. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I am almost home alone. Dh is napping along with the cat and dog. LC1 and DD went to work (unless they both ran away in different directions). The house is quiet. We have a clock that plays Christmas music on the hour so it's very a Christmas peacefulness.

I have straighten up my extra panty. Filled with towels, paper products and anything else I can fit in there. It looks much better. Twillow like it since he had some more places to explore. Before that I poured drain cleaner in the sinks and tubs. Only had one place to wash hands for a while. Now they are all clean and the air smells great.

DD wants to make a grinch wreath this afternoon for her friend. I think I need to get some small bulbs for her to glue on the wreath. I'll see what she thinks once she is home.

It's been a good day so far.

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    I am up early I am getting picked up at 8 for our trip away. this competition is about a 5-6 hour drive from our town so we always leave on the Saturday. Today when we get there we will train for a few hours and then tonight is our teams Christmas dinner. Tomorrow is the competition and we will get home late tomorrow night.

It will be a hot one here today 33 (91 degrees). DH is home alone so he has invited DD and BF over for a BBQ. Thankfully I had the back yard done on Wednesday so it is looking nice and ready for company. I will miss catching up with DD and BF but I will call her through the week.

Debbie, your trip sounds exciting.
    Jess, sorry about DD cast, hope they can fix it without drama,
    Diedra, love that story, funny.

Must go and check my packing,
    much love to you all.

12. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Just a quick note. Please keep my husband's grandmother in your thoughts and prayers. They found skin cancer on her scalp. She had surgery this morning. She is the last grandparent. They think they got all of the cancer. She is in pain and unable to take hard core pain meds. Our hearts ache for her.

13. luludou

Halimer... 'poor' dh could've just stopped and got Mcd's on the way back :) you had me laughing.

Lunch was nice - super busy day at work, so it went quickly. The boss I had (Eric) told me that they talked about me at the Christmas party, seems the cw I work with now said my work was impeccable and a lot of help to her. Nice to know since whe rarely has time to speak to me. She is super busy but I guess she likes the fact she doesn't have to check after me ... I can manage quite on my own with all she gives me.

STopped by the bank on the way home. dh is now at guitar lessons. Kitty-cat is being a pain tonight, I guess she misses ds and his girlfriend.

Later

14. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Evening all,

I haven't been on much....feel like I'm letting this Christmas season slip by. I've been sick for nearly a month now....getting so sick of being sick. Other people keep telling me the same thing though - whatever bug has been going around this fall just doesn't want to let go.

Most of my decorating is done....tree is up....presents wrapped. Kids have been to see Santa Claus....so most of the big things have been checked off of my list.

It's been snowing all day. Temps aren't supposed to go over -1 F for the next two days, and they're saying the roads are treacherous, so I think it will be a weekend of Christmas movies and crafts and such. I don't mind taking the older ones out when it's that cold, but DD2 will not leave mittens on or a scarf on her face. I don't understand why her own common sense doesn't tell her to leave them on!

cmerth - thinking of your husband's grandmother. I hope she is able to get at least some relief.

Ahorsesoul - love your story of leaving and not taking the kids. Wish I had the guts to do that some time. I'd love to wake DH up some morning and tell him I'm going out for a while and just leave him with the kids - let him see what it's like for a change. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure I'd just come home to find he took them to the neighbours who love to fuss over them. lol. (He's a great dad, but he does still seem to see them as my responsibility - he comes and goes as he wants, but I can't imagine ever being able to just walk out the door and assume he'd watch them.)

Mrs. Soup - sometimes people aren't well-trained when they're first starting to do these things themselves. I had to get stitches on my face as a kid and the person doing them on me told me they'd never done them on an actual person. They botched the job so badly that I had to have cosmetic surgery later to somewhat fix what they'd done.