Yay it's Friday June 14 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Jun 14, 2019.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH world

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. luludou

Been awake since 3:30, arrggg! did gym.
    DS did buy his car yesterday a 2016 - Hyundai suv. He will have it next wednesday.
    We decided to go to my parent's house for the weekend for Father's day. will probably pick up dd on the way there.

Have a great day

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hi Lucie and All!

Off to work here shortly!

Not sure what weather is to be coming next week but has been LOVELY this week. Alittle cool for June but LOVE it.

Co-worker is out today and Monday so have a college part timer.

I believe I am going to my sisters tonight. She is 60 today!

Have a GREAT day!

Lucie, safe travels!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Lana and Lucie, Enjoy your visits.

I'm up early since Dh is going golfing. I had to get up to turn off the alarms we have for DD. It looks like it could rain any minute. Might be a rough golf game. After he is done with golfing he will check on my stepmom at the hospital.

DD and I have nothing on the calendar for today. If she is in a good mood maybe I can take her out to look for yarn. She wants to start making pot holders so needs all cotton yarn. Of course every time I make plans to take her somewhere she gets up in a terrible mood. Will keep my fingers crossed.

5. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone!

I'm playing catch-up with the laundry this morning (one full load and a small one) since we shopped yesterday. I'm hoping to sew some today. I have vintage Peanuts comic strip fabric that has baseball scenes on it that I bought a couple of years ago. I'm using it on a tote to take to the ballgames. There isn't enough to do the body of the bag, but there's enough to make the outside pockets. Not sure what else I'll get into...maybe going through the storage cabinets above the washer and dryer.

I just received word that our neighbor passed away this morning. I'll need to figure out something to make and take to the house...probably just a cake for now. She didn't attend our church, but I'm sure her church and our church will go together to make food for the wake and funeral.

Lucie, I hate nights like that! Have a nice visit with your parents and DD.
    Lana, I'm really liking this cool June weather. It would be nice to have a mild summer this year.
    Diedra, hopefully, Vanessa will be in good form to go shopping today. When DD22 went to the auction Monday, her friend wanted these two huge baskets that were full of yarn. She was outbid and another lady won them. The lady went straight to the trash and dumped out the yarn! DD's friend was crushed! I told DD that they should have dug it out of the trash! Silly girls!

Hope you all have a great day!

Ahorsesoul and teachermomof2 like this.
  6. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning!

It's chilly and damp this morning. It's 57* outside. Gray skies. Hoping for some sun today! Banquet was nice. Food was good...ate too much. Slept better, but not well. lol. Just worked on balancing the checkbook and will do bills later today. Picked out my Ibotta app items so I know what I'm getting when M and I head to the grocery store today. I have 99.50 to redeem through the app. Hoping to hit 105 today. Summer food shopping gets ridiculous because 3 meals a day gets expensive.

I think we are going to pick up some items at J's aunt's tonight. Otherwise, that's it for me.

Hope you have a fabulous Friday!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sun is going in and out today and the temps are a little low for June but - it's not raining!

It started to rain last night in the 6th inning of the baseball game - when we left - but they continued to play - in the pouring rain - until the middle of the 9th because it was a tie game. Then it was suspended and will be resumed today. Really crazy judgements on the part of all the officials. Anyhow - we will get a free game as thanks for putting up with the rain delay and not seeing then end of the game.

I think I will try and encourage DH to work on his piles of clothing today. I need a few things at BJ's but I'm sure it will be crowded before the weekend and I don't want to deal with that. I have a london broil for Saturday and DH wants lobster tails too. DS and DDIL will be away so he says we should have the actual Father's Day celebration another weekend which is fine with me.

Going to visit MIL, DSIL and DBIL in Syracuse Monday thru Wednesday. Might get to go to a Christmas Tree Shoppe!

Lisa - I must look at ibotta. You make it sound very interesting
    Diedra - hope you and Vanessa have a successful trip
    Lana - happy birthday to your sister!
    Jane - why would anyone buy yarn and then throw it away????? I would have fished it out of the dumpster.
    Lucie - hope the car works out for them

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. luludou

DH just called, his cousin and his wife are coming over tonight.. guess it'll be run and get the kitchen, LR and bathroom guest ready tonight (+ we will have the dog too). Supper will be whatever.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH is off today for the Army's birthday. Not sure what we'll get into. All of us went to dinner at a restaurant at the Polynesian Cultural Center last night. On the way home we stopped at a beach park we hadn't been to and looked around and then stopped and watched the sunset. Tonight is a Army Luau here on post on the big field. It's not a real luau but they will have food booths, games and entertainment. We'll walk over at some point. They are having Andy Grammar as the headliner. Last year they did a fire show which was pretty cool.

I need to work on school. I've been doing it in the mornings before everyone gets up but i'll need to spend one day this weekend doing nothing but schoolwork to try to catch up because I should be farther than I am. It's hard with the kids being on summer break. I want to take them to do things and have fun so i'm trying to find the balance. I just need to finish this class so we can have the rest of the summer. If I can get a good chunk done this weekend then i'll be a lot closer. We've done a lot so far and I want to keep it that way and not get complacent with staying home. #goals #momlife haha

Diedra- Oh my! I'm glad they were able to figure out what was going on with Stepmom and it is just that she is constipated. Do you think she was just embarrassed? Or just didn't think to tell the doctor?
    Lucie- Enjoy your weekend away!
    Lana- Enjoy that cooler weather while you have it.
    Jane- Sounds like a good use of the fabric. Sorry to hear about your neighbor. I would have absolutely dug the yarn out of the trash!!
    Lisa- I used to have that app but never used it. Guess I need to revisit since Pamela talked about it and then you mentioned it again as well.
    Debbie- I miss the Christmas Tree Shoppe! Loved that store!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. yes it was chilly here this morning but almost 80 now. busy day at work im sure the weekend will be busy. have a good night

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Stepmom is weird. You have to pull information out of her. If they do not ask a specific question but ask open ended questions the doctor isn’t going to get a real answer. The day I went to the doctor with her they asked when was her last bowel movement. She said the day before. But they didn’t ask if it was normal or when she had one before that. Guess it had been a few weeks since she’d had a normal one.

Dh enjoyed golfing this morning but I do not think he did well. Usually he tells me about his shots but today I didn’t get any story about his game.

Now it is raining so we will not have to turn on the sprinklers.

DD is now fixing some of the coasters she made. She used double yarn on some so those looked more like hats since it changed the gauge. She’s taking out a few rows.

12. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Happy Friday!!

This was my Friday to work, that 4.5 hours goes by fast. K stopped at the clinic with a birthday cake for us all to share, it was yummy. I stopped at my favorite Greek restaurant for some take out and came home to a house that was fully decorated for me. K feels so bad that we had to cancel our plans for the weekend because one of her bosses changed her schedule, but I told her not to worry, we can make new plans.

I opened all of my gifts from Lucie - what fun that was and am now watching a movie. I plan on taking it easy for the rest of the day.

We had a huge storm last night and poor Miss Ruby was a basket case. The thunder was so loud and the winds were strong which made the rain come through the windows, so we had to close them. It was really hot yesterday and the house didn't cool down enough, so sleeping was unpleasant. Miss Ruby and I had a short nap this afternoon, but I feel like I might need another!

Later.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  13. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good afternoon.

My migraine took a hike today. It feels like it wants to return, but I honestly don't think I could handle one more day.

Picked up MJ and we went to lunch. Then to one of our fave stores: Ollie's! I did some Christmas shopping. Got Jay some new bed pillows. Jenn and Mike a collage picture frame. And Steve and Mel some bath sheets. Also got the baby some more books. But not all for Christmas. Some of them just cause I love books and him!

It was cool this a.m., but it really warmed up when we were in the store. When I got home, I had to turn the air back on, because it was soooo warm! Now, I am cold. Guess I could put on some socks. I am still full from lunch! In fact, a little uncomfortable! But it will be ok soon.

I did get some microwave popcorn at Ollie's. I love that stuff. My DSIL grows popcorn for Pop Weaver. I have been told to NOT buy Orville Redinbacher (sp?). I have to support my extended family.

Had a great time with my sweet bundle of fur yesterday. Rocky is the sweetest dog EVER, I wish I could have him here! Would that not be wonderful? I really would love to have a dog, but a small one. Maybe someday!

Think I will put some socks on. My feet are freezing! Hope you are all having a lovely day! For the rest of it, stay safe and be blessed!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    An early start here as DH got up early to go to the farm and I had to get up to take DS to meet a mate at 7am. Him and his friend are in a motor racing team and it is a race weekend, normally DS would go to the workshop by himself but today for some reason I had to take him.He will be home tomorrow night and I suppose I will have to pick him up.
    Now that I am up so early I can get a good start on things and have a nap at lunch time.
    It is really foggy outside so a miserable day so will have to be content with doing indoor chores.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again! the day turned out bright and sunny and Buffy enjoyed going in and out and in and out and in....

I was looking for something to do today so I redid the closet I use for linens and holiday ware. A few things will get tossed but most were just rearranged. I did find some extra space. Then DH actually started on his clothes!!!!! I'm sure he's gotten rid of at least 30 t-shirts and he's just on the first two shelves of his ammorie He's promised to continue tomorrow.

Katrina - glad you can stay inside on an ugly day!
    Jess - enjoy the luau and the other celebrations.
    Pam - glad you got to see Rocky
    Lucie - so you're not going to be able to go away now???
    Diedra - you know what they say about a bad day of golf...
    Faye - glad the day got better
    Mel - have a wonderful birthday! glad you took care of Miss Ruby

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Not much going on here today. We walked over to the thrift store this morning so DH could look for some golf clubs to practice with. He found a few irons for $1 each. We came back and I started DS's massive laundry pile. DH and DD went for a motorcycle ride and Eli went outside to play. I finished my book, worked on schoolwork and completed the laundry pile in two loads plus a load of towels. DH and DD are back and Eli is also back in the house. I jumped back into my schoolwork but think i'm just going to call it a day. I'm getting sleepy sitting here so may try to catch a nap. DH went upstairs because I was watching videos about student engagement. haha Eli is now doing his reading so it's quiet down here.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good evening.

Neighbor made chili tonite and invited me to share. She is so sweet, but she makes it way too spicy for me, plus puts a ton of onion in it. I could not eat it all. AND my headache is back and there's gonna be trouble! Lord, help me!

Got my laundry put away. Well, most of it...about 90%, anyway. It is supposed to rain tomorrow, so I think I will pretty much work around here. I am still looking for a new comforter set that I can afford. I have seen a few online, but they cost a bloody fortune! I have champagne taste on a water budget. Sigh.....

Watching the Reds get tromped on by the Texas Rangers. Makes me sad when my team is losing.

My iPad is driving me crazy! It wants to turn the direction of the screen every time I turn around. Mel, fire up the bus! We need to do something about it. I bet a good stern talking to from you would make it behave!

I think I will turn in early. My head is starting to hurt. I took two Aleve about 90 minutes ago. Not touching it! But I am gonna touch this iPad if it does not behave soon. Hope you all have a better evening than I am having.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. missjane

The lady only wanted the huge baskets the yarn was in, not the yarn. I would have fished it out, too, but DD's friend didn't want to do that. lol...

19. missjane

Stopping in to check out everyone's day. Mine was not at all what I planned. Mama called and wanted to work at the Crowville house today. It was just her and me, so the work and day went much faster. We left at 3:30 because DS text me this morning that DGSs both had ballgames at 5:30, an hour away from where we live. I'm currently waiting for the washer to finish. DDIL called desperate for me to was their uniform bottoms because her washer takes almost 2 hours and couldn't wash tops and bottoms together, and they both have games at 9:00 in the morning at the same ball park an hour away. They both won their games tonight...no home runs for DGS#1, all walks! DGS#2 got a double and two singles. They're in a tournament that benefits CF.

I think I hear the washer finishing....about 11:30 here, so I'm off to bed. We'll be leaving around 7:30 in the morning.

Sleep well, everyone!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  20. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Pam....you can lock your ipad screen in settings.

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.