Yay it's Friday October 12th 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luludou, Oct 12, 2018.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning MHH World!
    Finally Friday woohoo! :) :)

2. luludou

I would've slept in this morning! so dark and gray... high of 10C in the forecast today but no rain and winds like the last few days.
    Looking forward to:..... being home tonight!

Later

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

Up at 4:00am to watch the second Royal Wedding of 2018. We don't have TLC so I watched it live on the Royal Family You Tube Channel. It was really lovely.

It's a Project Life kind of day today. Michael blew through here last night and although there are a lot of leaves in the yard, it wasn't too bad.

Have a great weekend!

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

I was up at 5:30 to take LC22 to the airport. She spent the night so we were all set to go in this morning. Very little traffic the whole way so I was home by 8. DD was screaming and yelling already this morning. I think she is feeling bad that she couldn't go with LC22. But she will get over it. LC1 is here to work today. LC1 might have a rough day if DD keeps up the screaming act. It's a work day which is always rough.

A friend bought the old refrig and she had her neighbor boy come to pick it up yesterday. Dh just had to have a new one. I hate the new one. It does not meet out needs at all. I'm ignoring it like it's an elephant in the room. lol

Dh thinks he's going golfing today. It's freezing outside. He doesn't like to play when it's cold. But it will get him out from under my feet. Tends to be a problem with men retire.

I need to attach my paperwork pile. I have a ton of shredding to do. It is recycle weekend so I can get it out of the house quickly.

Wishing all a good start on their weekend.

5. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

Good Morning everyone. I have read the posts but have not had the time to post. Granddaughters have basketball practice one on Monday and Wednesday and the other one on Tuesday and Thursday. Makes it a tight schedule when we have my chores and they have chores at their house to do also. But this is the last week for me to have them until December. But in 2 weeks I will have their chores to do also as the girls are going with them to Texas.

Need to go do their chores but it is raining right now, and I really came by here after taking them to school to get my books to return to the library when I go to town to buy groceries. Need to be back at the HS at one to practice for the pep assembly., Several of us grandmothers are in it today.

Will post personals later this afternoon or tonight. Have a great day

6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Did dishes and ready to start in. Can't believe that my week is basically up. Will have to make the most of the next 3 days.

37 this a.m. and should get to 57. Alexus said Texas (where nephew is) should be 76. Friends in Iowa were at 30 this a.m. .

Hope Vanessa improves as the day moves along. We brought a side by side one time and hated it from day 1. It just wasn't working with the smaller racks and such. Would love to have one with freezer on bottom.

Lucie, have a good day!

Pam, glad Michael didn't do much damage in your area.

Have a GREAT day!

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Fall has finally come to LI! In the 50's and I'm delighted!

I now have 3 giant bags of yarn ready to go to the Vets along with two bags of clothing and etcs. Feeling good about that:). I am now working on organizing the remainder of my yarn - by weight and then by color??? Anyhow, I do feel that certain things are coming together which is good.

Just found out that the friends we have spent Christmas with for the past 40+ years have decided to have it in PA this year, about a 2 hour drive from us (and the rest of their family which is odd). Doesn't look like we'll be able to make it so will have to find a new "tradition" for here. We already have a movie and sushi on Christmas Eve - maybe just a regular dinner on the day? Could always do another movie...

Lana - I know that you will make the most of your vacation days
    Diedra - at least your retired man plays golf....
    Doodlebug - tough schedule - pace yourself
    Jane - everything you are planning to bake makes my mouth water
    Pamela - congrats to Princess Eugenie (I had to look it up;)) and her new DH
    Lucie - are you enjoying the fall weather?
    Pam - so glad that Samuel enjoyed his gift from grandma - what a fine young man!

8. luludou

The trees are soooo beautiful! The colors are vibrant... I love Fall! Too bad the leaves are already starting to fall a little... won't be long before we get snow... already have freezing temps at night.

Later

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I'm jumpy this morning, keep thinking I hear the trash truck. I haven't put the trash can out yet because Housing still hasn't told us when pick up will be and I don't want it sitting out there for days for no reason. The email said they would let us know today, but i'm afraid that it's going to come this morning and my can won't be out and we'll miss it. LOL I have it ready to grab out of the inside can and dash outside just in case. It doesn't help that they are repaving the road inside the cemetery so I keep hearing that noise. I'm really hoping for pickup today but it's not looking like it. We don't produce much trash, surprisingly, so we'll be fine, but I hope our neighbors are paying attention because their cans are overflowing and just sitting at the curb.

No real plans for today. There is a Flying V ceremony later this morning for our outgoing Brigade Command Sergeant Major. I plan on going as long as the weather holds out. I will walk over to avoid traffic. Possibly the pool this afternoon, weather depending. This evening is a farewell for two ladies in my Stroller Warriors group. It's a potluck (taco bar) so I need to look back and see what I signed up to bring, sour cream I think. I will work on homework this morning since I didn't yesterday. I also need to get this FRG email written and sent out. I have everything ready now I think, just need to write it.

Lucie- Enjoy that weather!
    Pamela- It sure was a fast moving storm. Glad no damages for you.
    Diedra- I hope DD gets in a better mood. LOL on ignoring the new refrigerator. Good luck with the shredding.
    Debbie- The pep assembly sounds fun! You are so busy! I used to try to get all my kids practices on the same nights since they were all on the same fields anyway. hehe
    Lana- This week has gone by quickly for us too with the kids being on break and we have yet to do anything fun.
    Debbie- A regular dinner sounds just fine for the actual day. Maybe a puzzle if you're into that kind of thing.

Enjoy your day!

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    just after 5am here an early start. Other DrillDance coach and I are off to Sydney for a coaching workshop, it starts at 9am. Fingers crossed that we will be done by 1,30 and on our way home. We have to do a certain amount of training to keep our accreditation current so needs to be done.
    DD and boyfriend are coming over this evening to catch up. Hopefully he will have some photos of the trip to share. BF is an amazing photographer and I am sure that there will be some good shots. If not this evening I am sure that we will do it another night.

DS and I had a dinner date at the mall last night which was lovely. We don't get to spend too much time together just us so it was lovely to hear all about his day.
    Bought 2 books to put away for DD birthday in January.

Better get moving,
    Much love,

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Afternoon all MHHers

LC1 and DD went to work for about an hour or so. DD was putting nuts on bolts. She hates it but said she would do it for an hour. Came home in a better mood.

The shredder is stuck. I did find out when reading about shredders that you are suppose to be using some kind of oiling sheets in them on a regular schedule. I ordered a new shredder that says it will take 17 sheets at once. Reviews said it works very well but the instructions say not to overload the machine so only load about 70%. So it really only takes about 10 to 12 sheets at a time. I think I can manage since the one I had said it took 6 sheets but really only handled two or three sheets at a time. I did order some of the cleaning/oil sheets to use too.

LC22 has arrived in Dallas and is enjoying her time there. LC1 and DD are having lunch. LC1 has shrimp and DD is having sushi that we made the other day. I think they are planning to work on the new puzzles this afternoon.

Lana, you do want a refrig with the freezer at the bottom. That's what I had. It had three pull out shelves making it very convenient to find items. My friend just called to say how she loves looking at my old refrig. Almost made me cry. lol

Enjoy your day. Treat yourself to something nice.

Lana likes this.
  12. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Well, I am sure by now you all know that I have intentions to do stuff and then ............ Teigan was on bed playing and then spilled tea alittle on herself and went to change. She was playing in her room so I went in there and went thru all her clothes. Wasn't the plan but it is done. Have some she'll have to try on. That could take some talking. Depends on mood. Jaymee was planning on doing it this week-end but since I was in there didn't want to sit idle.

Have a stack of books to take back to the library when I pick Teigan up. When taking her in the teacher (sub since regular one took a new job) said no school on Monday. Per ROE. (Regional Office of Education)

Stopped by Aunt Imogenes and got her fall sweatshirts and Halloween one and have them washed and hung to take to her on Sunday. Aunt Millie and a cousin are suppose to come in on the 20th and stay a few days. Will have the housekeeper that Aunt Im used come and clean it next week. I will wash the sheets and covers towards end of the week and get some FeBreeze to spray around. Shut up since January but Allen goes daily and opens and shuts the blind, we turn the water on, use the stool and we wash her socks in the washer to keep it going. Drive her car once or twice a month over to Nashville to keep it moving.

Allen has been on the phone for the last hour or close to it talking about medicare to somebody who called. He gets so many calls and stuff in the mail. He will be 65 in March. Time to start checking it out.

Debbie, busy busy.

Deb, sorry to hear about the tradition being changed. That is quite a drive for everybody. They have a house there in PA?

Lucie, leaves here aren't very colorful this year.

Jess, you still doing pictures?

I better get ready to go get her.

13. MrsSoup

I got the FRG email taken care of and am ready to head out to the ceremony. I haven't touched my schoolwork yet. :rolleyes: I did do the checkbook so that's taken care of. I tried to call my friend but she didn't answer, so I guess i'll wait for her to contact me.

Lana- I'm not really. I will start taking photos at our Company events when we have them but we don't have a FB page or anywhere for me to post them, so i'll have to figure that out.

14. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all!

Whoop de do! DH started going through his clothes and already has a bag of pants to go. I'm going through some of my papers and still have to go through my shoes. Should be quite a load when done.

Nothing planned for tonight - TV and knitting. DH has gone to look at some lanterns.

Jess - could you just set up a FB page for the group?
    Diedra - I'm with you for the bottom freezer. I love mine
    Lana - you're getting something done - doesn't matter what it is
    Katrina - hope he DD training is good and gets you home early

15. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening,

It's cooled down here. It's 47* and rainy. It's homecoming night at our home district and the district I teach in, as well as at H's university. I hope the rain holds off at their games. We are in the living room with the fire place going to take the chill off the house. It's so cozy and makes me sleepy.

Today was a tough one. One of my students came to school with a slap mark on his face. It was bad. As a mandated reporter, I had to report it to the state. I'm very worried about him. Then it was one thing after another today. I'm so sad and emotionally exhausted. I'm thankful for the weekend.

Karla has some kind of lump on her chest. It just appeared today and is soft and doesn't hurt her when we touch it. I'm not sure what it could be. I guess will we keep an eye on her and call the vet in the morning.

My friend, who had the double mastectomy, has a Mersa infection from her surgery and was admitted last weekend due to the infection. They did another surgery on Monday. She was just released today. Please pray for her. She is very overwhelmed.

Diedra...hope V had an okay afternoon.
    Lana....so productive!
    Debbie....sorry to hear about Christmas Day. I'd love to just be home and hang out in my Christmas Jammies all day, then having a simple dinner and watching movies and reading.
    Katrina...hope the training was worthwhile.
    Hi Lucie! Stay warm!
    Hi Jessica!

Have a restful night!

16. MrsSoup

Debbie- Apparently we aren't allowed to have individual Company pages, only Battalion pages. But i'm going to do some asking. Maybe we can just start an unofficial group page anyway as long as we don't call it anything to do with the Company. ;)

Lisa- So sorry for that student. Poor kid. Perry has a couple of those lumps on him. The Vet said they are probably just fatty cysts and nothing to worry about. We've never investigated any further because they don't seem to bother him and he doesn't have any other symptoms. Sending healing thoughts for your friend.

I attended the ceremony and then DH and I went to lunch. I came home and took care of some email and just finished up some schoolwork. Still haven't heard from my friend so I think she is avoiding me. I'll let it be, if she wants to talk to me then she'll call me I guess. I have the boys at my house and the girls just went to the PX. From what i've seen on FB looks like she has talked to her mom finally. I need to run to the Commissary and grab sour cream for the farewell potluck in a couple hours.

17. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Well-Known Member

Today is about done!!! Everything went on schedule. Came home and the battery in the thermostat for the heat/air said it was low. So nothing would come on . I could not get the screw out so my wonderful grandson that is in college was home and he came over and even put new batteries in for me.

We (the girls and i) will go to my niece"s baby shower tomorrow in Kansas.
    Have a great night.

18. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

The new stove and refrigerator was delivered this afternoon. The old refrigerator has the bottom freezer and the new one has a top freezer. Yes, I like the bottom freezer better. The problem was I couldn't find a bottom that would fit in the space for the refrigerator. The old refrigerator was over sized for the space. The refrigerator has to clear the inward swing of the outside door. I have just a couple of things left to do in the kitchen and I will have it deep cleaned. Hopefully by the end of the weekend.

19. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    I am home and it was a pretty good day. The workshop was great and I learned a few things.
    Left Sydney at 2 and was home by 5.30.
    Have all the kids here now and have ordered pizza for dinner.

Hope that you are all sleeping well,

Much love,