Your Christmas Stocking

Discussion in 'Celebrate Me' started by Gingerbug, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Gingerbug

Gingerbug Administrator

Here's a challenge for this fall....find a large Christmas stocking....find a pretty one....its for YOU.

Then as you see cute little things or fun items,.....buy them for YOURSELF and put them into your stocking. Keep it hidden and after the item goes in you can't look at it again....no digging around in it!

Then on Christmas Eve...either hang the stocking or put it under the tree....full of forgotten goodies....just for YOU....

You deserve it..... :)

You can post your buys and your progress in this thread,.....but no REREADING.....the whole idea is to forget what you bought so you can be surprised!

:elf:

2. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I do this!! Made myself a stocking a few years back and I buy things along the way to fill it. I need to wrap these very soon because I want to 'forget' what I bought. This year I have a new stocking (giving the one I made to mom and filling it too).

3. RoniJo

RoniJo New Member

This is a really good idea! I have always stuffed stockings for the kids but DH has never been interested in doing stockings for each other. This will be fun!

4. ejagno

ejagno Well-Known Member

I've always done stocking for the kids and DH. The last year the kids were home they made a stocking for me. I haven't had one since. I think this is a terrific idea. Thank you! We are so busy making sure that everyone else is provided for that we forget about the most important person, OURSELVES! This is our reward for working so hard and doing such an amazing job on planning, prepping and organizing some fabulous holidays.

5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Nice ideal, like others I do hubby, Ryan, Jaymee, Ryan and now Teigan. Have to make her one yet. Will think about this!

6. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

I like this idea. I tend to pick up for myself so now I should put them aside instead of keeping it

7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Pick have done this for years because DH and the kids never think of doing one for me. I buy things throughout the year that I need and pop it in there. I love my stocking.

8. Little Elf

Little Elf New Member

What a great idea Gingerbug! So many times I would fill everyone's stocking but for some reason many times I've been left out. So this time if I do it myself I won't be disappointed if they forget me again. :D

9. HouseElf

HouseElf Well-Known Member

I love this idea! Stockings are my favourite part, the only gift I like actually - all those neat little needed things :)

On my must do list!

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

sounds like a cool idea thanks will try it

11. Colleen in PA

Colleen in PA New Member

Another idea is to pair up with a friend or relative and make a stocking for each other...my sister-in-law and I do this. That way, everything is a surprise! She calls me her S.I.S. (Sister in the struggle LOL!)

12. sweetpumkinpye

Colleen, what a fantastic idea. I think that that is so special.

I have decided to make Dh work a little this year, he is a great guy but does nothing towards gifts or any Christmas prep. There are a few things I need for in my stocking and I am going to make sure DH gets them for me. How hard is it to buy a set of tongs for cooking and a pair of pliers for crafting?? We shall see.

13. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Ginger's idea and Colleen's are both great!

DH does do a stocking for me and DS drops in a few things but I might try and do one for my sister-by-choice.

14. SallyJ

SallyJ New Member

I'm going to start doing this. Growing up, stockings were a big deal in my family and not so much in my husband's family. He always forgets about my stocking. I can think of lots of things I'd like to have in mine! :smilegifts:

15. AnnieClaus

AnnieClaus Active Member

I'm IN!

:)

16. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hmmm....I may just have to do this for myself. If I told DH what I want, he would get it.

17. aggy

aggy Santa's Elves

Oooo I like this idea. I bought one from Dollar Tree years ago. I hope I still have it.

18. Christmaslvr

Christmaslvr Active Member

DH fills a stocking for me, does a pretty good job of it actually. This year I might drop a few extra hints for some ideas! ;)

19. Cathymac2

Cathymac2 Active Member

I love this! DH does me a stocking but I'm sure he would welcome the help! LOL. He says it's his hardest chore at the holidays! Plus I think I'll do one for my mom. She would like that, I think!
    Thanks for the great idea, Ginger!

20. sweetpumkinpye

CathyMac, i do a stocking for my mum every year and she really likes it. I put in things that she loves, her favorite chocolate bars, nut etc and things that she needs, shampoo, headache remedies, tissues etc.
    It takes the pressure off her a little and gives her a few nice things.