Your Christmas Stocking

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I like the idea of exchanging with someone but I don't really have someone to do that with so I think to "surprise" myself I'll wrap the little gifts before I put them in the stocking then I can't "peek".

:snowman:

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
OOoh, that sounds like a great idea.

DD is still a believer, so I may not do it this year yet, but I could always do 1 each for DH and I with DD involved in it (clearly NOT from Santa) - who knows, it may mean DH may get involved hearing about it from her!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've been blessed the last few years to have my family finally GET IT and buy things for my stocking. It's made me super happy!! It's not just my husband though, my daughter is older now and adds a few things, as well as my BF who is our roomie as well. before I would swap stockings with online friends...or I would buy a few small things throughout the year and then put them in a stocking for myself. I'd kinda forget what they were as well, so it was always nice having some goodies I know I would enjoy.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I started doing this for myself a few years ago. I pick up bits and pieces through the year and hide it away. I love opening it on Christmas morning.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
You know...it's such an awesome fun feeling to get those little surprises still! Even if you buy it and forget about it! heck, i do that more and more.. ;)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Did you all get a stocking? I did. Even though I buy most of the things that go into my stocking, DD and DH put a few surprise things in there so that was nice.
If you did not get a stocking maybe consider it for next year.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I did get a stocking which I did myself- ok it was not a stocking but a giant Santa Sack!
I also got a surprise gift from DS. He asked for some $ and told me to wait outside the shop. I got some yummy chocolates that I really like but he hates!, some fancy sunscreen (which I love) and some shower gel in my fave fragrance. He then locked himself in his bedroom with a request for wrapping paper, tape and scissors- OK so he used almost a whole roll of paper as he made a few mistakes- he has never wrapped before but it was a lovely surprise on Christmas morning!

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
That is so awesome Tanya!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Tanya,

Your DS is a sweetheart!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I didn't do stocking this year but it's a must with two grandkids next year. I'll do a stocking for each of us.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have done my stocking but it isn't opened yet. waiting for ds & dd to be both here at the same time... maybe Jan 3rd.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
For the first time ever, I bought about 3 things for my stocking. However, DH remembered this year and a thing or two as well.

Tanya, that's super about DS!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
My daughter even bought something for my stocking, so I had three people put goodies in, which made it awesome.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Awww Tanya, that was so sweet of DS.

I wanted to do a stocking but never got it started. Maybe next year. I did receive some nice stocking stuffer gifts from family members that were pretty cool.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I love this idea and may do something similar for myself this year. I might do it more for my birthday which is 5 days before Christmas. Sometimes it's a bit of a let down because people (including me) are so busy that my birthday often gets overlooked. I do have a friend who makes a concerted effort to make my birthday special for me by inviting us to dinner and fixing a very special meal. A box full of surprises from me to me would be fun!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I love this idea and may do something similar for myself this year. I might do it more for my birthday which is 5 days before Christmas. Sometimes it's a bit of a let down because people (including me) are so busy that my birthday often gets overlooked. I do have a friend who makes a concerted effort to make my birthday special for me by inviting us to dinner and fixing a very special meal. A box full of surprises from me to me would be fun!
You should throw yourself a half birthday party 6 months after your birthday.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm happy to report I finally found my perfect stocking. I've been searching for 2 or 3 years to find one that just screamed my name and finally did at the DisneyStore online. It's a vintage looking tapestry one, with with mickey icons. A perfect combo of both, but without a typical mickey or minnie picture on the front. And on clearance..even better! I love it!!

Here's a link to see a picture...

http://www.yourwdwstore.net/Disney-...ng--Retro-Mickey-Mouse-Ornaments_p_29109.html

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Minnie, I love the stocking. It's just perfect. I can't wait to see you start filling it. I started making DH and I new stockings last year and life got in the way so I'm going to get those finished this weekend hopefully.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Michelle,

The stocking is gorgeous!!