176 Days

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
The beautiful, snowy Countdown Screen that Gingerbug has posted for us -- lists 176 Days as of today, July 1st! 176 Days until Christmas 2010!

Will our celebration of Christmas In July have any effect on the Countdown..... for you? Will it make the time go more quickly? Will it make you feel more calm as you see the number of days going down?

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
I think things will start moving much faster for me now. However I hope to embrase Christmas in July in order to make my To Do lists go down. I want to get ALL lists started even if not finished....am super excited. I also want to enjoy some Christmas activities just for pure fun!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
The excitment of fall and Christmas always starts really building in me around July and this year is no exception. We are going on vacation next week and once we get back I will be kicking things up several notches. I also have a CIJ menu planned out and the kids magical elves will be making a surprise visit later this month.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
My "dream" is to get A LOT of the Christmas Prep done during July! Why? For TWO reasons: #1 - for fun during July (which is usually so hot/humid that I forget about fun and just try to survive. #2 - for more peaceful enjoyment of everything - during December!

Everything takes much more time during July -- because the heat/humidity slows me down.

I COULD start with the Christmas cards.... I Do have them already. :santa3:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Minta - I love that the elves are making a surprise visit! Totally adorable! Have a great vacation!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Thanks Kim! The elves make a surprise visit last summer too for a week bearing little summer gifts like sidewalk chalk, glow in the dark wands, a package of their favorite snacks and a new dvd. The kids had so much fun with them that I had decided to make their visit in July a new tradition. I think this week they will make their visit from July 18 - 25th now I just have to decide what to get as gifts for them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am so excited at the moment. In July I really start to get the Christmas bug. I really get my lists organized, really make a big effort on buying and putting away gifts and this year getting ready for our wrapping parties.

July and August are planning months for me and September, October and November are the months that I can actually get in and do the baking, wrapping, and finish off anything that needs doing.
December is the final push when all the hard work comes together, and if I have worked it all out I get to relax and enjoy the season.

In 178 days all of our hardwork, dreams, wishes and hopes should all come true. It is coming quickly isn't it? I still have so much to do but I can't wait!!!!!

:tree:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Love the idea of the elves for CIJ.

I'm trying to really work for CIJ too so that we can relaxa & enjoy in december!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This is a 3-day holiday weekend! Parties and barbques -- which is very nice and fun --- and a little taste of holiday celebrations in December.

The heat is slowing me down - a lot! However -- I am doing routines. AND - bit by bit - a little decluttering here; a little organizing here. Tiny bits of work.

It DOES help me to feel "cooler" by having clear, uncluttered surfaces and spaces. I will try to keep things that way!

OK -- this was a nice rest. Now -- back to do a little more!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
SparkleNana - You remind me of the "Little Engine that Could" you just keep working and working even if the heat slows you down. You are making forward progress and you are inspiring!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I've definitely got the bug...unfortunately, I'm away - staying with my inlaws - not a situation that is conducive or supportive of the festive feeling, I'm afraid. But we're all healthy and that's something to be thankful for! I am going to try to sneak in a little more "me time" with my iPod and laptop later tonight.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Really getting the bug now too. It is catchy. Really hit high gear in September when there is 100 days to go, really start to panic then!!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Sweetpumpkinpye - I AGREE! When we get to 100 Days -- I feel that "there is no time left"! Things REALLY speed up!!!
ColleeninPA - You may be STAYING with your inlaws "physically"...... but in cyberspace -- you are NOT with them! You are with US! And your laptop will bring you to us -- anytime!!!
Hugs and an egg nog ice cream cone to Kim Loves Snow and AuntJamelle!
Zchristy, luludou, sweetpumpkinpye and Minta -- you each get a delicious egg nog ice cream cone too! there are enough for everyone who comes to this thread!

NOW - we are down to 170 Days. Which is only "70 Days" until the 100 Day Mark!!!

When I look at the 100 degree temperatures outside --- it feels like summer will go on forever! But when I look at everything I COULD get done -- and see that there is only 70 days left -- I realize how fast that time will go!!! Isn't time funny!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have always said that the feeling I get when we hit the 1oo days is "a wonderful sort of panic". It is such a mixture of panic and pure excitement, and I just love it.

I agree with SN though about time going so quickly. I did not seem that long ago that my US friends were going through the worst snow storm for a long time and now here you are all sweltering.
All I can do is to continue to urge you to get done all that you can over the next few weeks, because we can not get these days back. Please keep up with your goal of having stocking fillers done by July. Please get ready for the wrapping party that begins on August 1st.
With only 70 days to go until the real 100 days countdown begins there is still so much to be done.

orangesforadam

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
I have so few to buy for/make for this year that I'm afraid to get it all done early! Isn't that silly? I guess I'll just have to come up with fun things to do during the month of December that don't involve last-minute crafting and panicking!!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I have so few to buy for/make for this year that I'm afraid to get it all done early! Isn't that silly? I guess I'll just have to come up with fun things to do during the month of December that don't involve last-minute crafting and panicking!!

You can always use that time to make something for YOURSELF! How great would that be? Or you could just plan little "treats" like window shopping at the mall or nicely decorated store...touring the lights in your neighborhood...sipping a favorite beverage in front of the tree while listening to Christmas music!!! Who needs panic? You'll be ready to CELEBRATE! (I just hope I'm with you in December - LOL!)

orangesforadam

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
You can always use that time to make something for YOURSELF! How great would that be? Or you could just plan little "treats" like window shopping at the mall or nicely decorated store...touring the lights in your neighborhood...sipping a favorite beverage in front of the tree while listening to Christmas music!!! Who needs panic? You'll be ready to CELEBRATE! (I just hope I'm with you in December - LOL!)

I like the way you think!!

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
I'm especially looking forward to Christmas this year not only because we have our two little grandchildren but because we informed my in-laws that we are not giving gifts to all of them this year. There were 13 people on that list and it would ruin the holidays for me especially once my SIL started making remarks about cheap gifts. My gifts were never cheap ones, trust me. So, now I can focus on the really important people in my life and the 300.00 to 400.00 I spent on others will go to them. I'm really excited and can't wait to see how well it turns out.

Seeing th efall and holiday fabric in Joann's yesterday really got me hopping. All these ideas started swimming in my head.