176 Days

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
I was in the Christmas Shoppe at Disney World last week and when we walked in we were greeted with the words "Merry Christmas,only 167 days to go". A shiver of excitement went down my spine and I thought "Wow! In 67 days my little countdown snowman will be out again,proudly sitting on the kitchen table". I love this time of year,we are definitely on the downhill slope into Christmas.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hurray for the Countdowns. Snowqueen -- isn't it amazing what a joy it can be to STOP exchanging gifts with people?? Last year, we FINALLY we able to stop exchanging gifts with the relatives of my sil -- we often spend Christmas Day with them! Everyone gives gifts to the children -- and all the adults just pay attention to the children -- instead of unwrapping meaningless items -- which immediately become clutter!

Today, someone just reminded me how snowy and icy and cold it was.. last March! And we both realized that winter is NOT so far away....... (I must admit that I realized it "happily".... because of Christmas!)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
time is really starting to wizz by now. We are in the middle of winter, we only have to get through August and then it is spring. things really start getting busy then. What with Spring cleaning, getting back into the garden, my overseas trip and Christmas prep, it will be a very busy time of year for me.

I am just so looking forward to Christmas this year. I don't know why I am more excited about this one, but I am.
:tree:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I think that there are now only 155 days to go. I am really so excited about our CIJ dinner this Sunday. I have also started to get my wrapping supplies ready for our wrapping party on August 1st.
Gee I wish it was December already, looking at everyones CIJ blogs is making me feel all gooey inside.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am also very excited about our Christmas In July celebrations! And -- I LOVE reading your posts from the middle of winter, sweetpumpkinpye! It makes it easier to think in terms of the whole year.... when somebody is actually in the middle of winter..... and winter is when Christmas happens for us!!!!

festivefun

Retire Member
Feb 25, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Me too Sweetpumkinpye!!

Like I've said I don't have anything to wrap as I've not had the money. However I do have my nutcrackers and on 1st I can prepare gift boxes and ribbon for the nuts with tags, so that when I have the nuts they are ready to go.

I might be able to finish knitting a pair of gloves I have in time...that would be good. I need to get a move on, but need money to get supplies too argh!

I'm excited and frustrated.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Festivefun -- I've come to look at our MHH Wrapping Parties........ as...... not so much about the wrapping! More about........ all of us working together, on that day, for Christmas 2010! And....... the whole "wrapping party idea" came about BECAUSE..... it was a nightmare, for so many of us, to be up late on Christmas Eve -- wrapping presents!

So....... it sort of became a time to "think about" the way we do things for Christmas....... and where we have created a "nightmare situation" for ourselves..... to think about ways of doing things DIFFERENTLY! So we have a more peaceful celebration!

I have seen how absolutely wonderful it is to get together on Christmas Day andNOT exchange gifts with extended family! (Except children -- everybody gives fun gifts to the kids. And spends time with them and gives them tons of attention!) For the adults -- it is about being together -- in PEACE! And... sharing food and celebration!! It is a much more happy and loving day --- simply by ABOLISHING the adult-gift-exchanging!

So.... our MHH Wrapping Day could even be a day of telling people that you love them and love to celebrate with them and would REALLY love to NOT exchange gifts with them!

I will probably/possibly still wrap some gifts on that day. But I will certainly be happy and grateful for our MHH Family on that day!!!!