1st wrapping party day 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
1691882928428.jpeg

Welcome to the first wrapping party of 2023.

Look back at 2022. What worked for you, what didn't? Did you make notes in your planner about what you would like to change for 2023?
What will make wrapping easier and more enjoyable for you?

I found that last year I was quite tired on the days that I had set aside for wrapping and other prep. I have made a note this year that dinner on those nights will be an easy meal or something that I can bring out of the freezer and just reheat. Over the next few weeks I will make some freezer meals and label them "wrapping party meal".

As part of my CIJ plans I pulled out the totes that I store gift tags, ribbons and paper and double checked my supplies. I did toss some ribbons that I no longer liked or were looking a bit ratty. I have made a note on both my shopping list and planner that I DO NOT need any wrapping paper. I got some great bargains after Christmas and are well stocked for at least this year and next.

I topped up my supply of tape, pens etc in the back to school sales in January. Time for you to take advantage of the back to school sales there and stock up on any supplies now so that you are ready to go when it is time to wrap. Good quality tape and a good supply of coloured sharpies/pens make the job of wrapping so much easier. With the amount of wrapping that we do it is nice to have the proper tools on hand.

Happy wrapping!!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Oh man I didn't remember it was a wrapping party day. I may have to move my calendrer out of my notebook to a place I will review it daily. I plan to start the HGP on Monday the 20th. So hopefully I won't miss the others.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Oh man I didn't remember it was a wrapping party day. I may have to move my calendrer out of my notebook to a place I will review it daily. I plan to start the HGP on Monday the 20th. So hopefully I won't miss the others.
I didn't either ... but it was good to read this and remember to add the dates to my calendar.

However, what this post did remnd me of is that I need to figure out something different for my wrapping station this year. I live in a 3-story townhome, and my gift wrap and card table are on the first level -- gift wrap is stored in the closet there, card table is stored in the garage. This is also my office area, so scissors and tape dispenser are readily at hand. When I"m shopping around the holidays, this is perfect. I can come in from the garage, drop packages and they are ready to be wrapped and brought up to my main living area, level 2. BUT, it gets problematic with all the gifts I brought home from Ireland and have already purchased, that are stored in my "gift closet" on the top (3rd) level. Do I carry them DOWN 3 flights of stairs to the first level to wrap and then back up again? Or do I bring a role of paper and other suppleies UP and bring wrapped gifts down??? The card table is NOT coming up 3 flights of stairs. I'm getting too old for this!!!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
As I age I find I am using more gift bags. They have really cute bags now and it saves my back. I have them in totes sorted on their side so I can see them all. I have a Christmas bag tote and an ‘other’ bag tote.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Neither do I but I might be allowed one roll just for fun!
I am sure that I will spot one roll that is just too cute to stay in the shop.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I was visiting my sis over the weekend and so I didn't do anything on The Wrapping Day, but on Monday, I came home and got some notes together about food/gifts/crafts. :) I put the Wrapping Days on my phone calendar. :)