2008 Holiday Crafting

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I'll take her, KimD, if she'll get my quilt done!!!LOL I can handle the mouthy part - she'll fit in with my DD!!!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Lana and momof4 I'll send her to you if her mouth doesn't stop shes not going to make it to 13 next month.

Holiday Joy- The looms are very easy to work with that is what I use since I have never been able to get crocheting or knitting down at all. Once you get the hang of them they are very fast to use also. I have tried the fleece scarves and just can't get them to turn out the way everyone elses do I don't understand what I am doing wrong

Just updating my list since I have a couple of things done. I also want to keep track of my crafting hours for this year. I just want to see how long it really does take me in a year to get everything done.

Need way before Christmas:
:cloudnine: No sew fleece blanket before Jan 18th for my youngest sons teacher for her new baby Total time:2 hours (because Kenny helped in cutting and tieing)

At least 35 embroired tee-shirts for this racing season. (Me and my mom are going 1/2s on a embroidery machine just waiting for it to be delivered)

At least 7 embroired coats and 10 windbreakers for this rac0ing season.

Complete baby layette by mid July (one of my christmas presents from my brother and his girlfriend was the material to make for thier baby)

:cloudnine: :cloudnine: more scarfs for both SIL's no later than mid January Total time: 13 hours (3 on the first 10 on the second since I had to keep ripping apart and starting over due to mistakes)

Cross stitch birth announcement

2 cross stitch pictures to go with layette

Christmas gifts
grandma cross stitch for my mom won't be able to fully complete until we have a baby name and date in July

quilt for my mom and dad for thier bed (been working on this for 3 years now)

[/][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]22 stockings (1 hour so far)

22 fleece blankets

120 pillow cases

fire starters

the calender Twinkle posted

4 other quilts or bedspreads

75 Santa and Mrs. Claus treat boxes (something I didn't have time todo this past year)

100 ornaments (elves found the cutest thing on a website)

These not sure how many of each yet
candles
soap
smelly jelly's
GIAJ (will decide later in the year which ones going todo)

2008 total crafting hours: 16 hours

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
Oh, my goodness!
You all are just too organized and do just more that I can even think of!
If I wasn't at work (school counselor) 10 hours of the day I would be SO happy just crafting all day! I craft every evening after house chores and then all day on weekends!
Confession time - I got a NEW sewing machine for Christmas and it is STILL in the box!
I have many ideas for Christmas crafts and you all have given me more...Happy, happy, Joy joy! I LOVE CRAFTING! :jumpinghearts:

Holiday_Chatter

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
campncook said:
Confession time - I got a NEW sewing machine for Christmas and it is STILL in the box!

You think that's bad?!
I bought a knitting maching LAST January with my Chirstmas money, and it's still in the box. (blush)

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I have added more crafts so need to update list:

(10) Iris fold Thank Yous for Teachers (July)
(2) no sew blankets for teachers (July)
(24) Pics of DD and each of her classmates "I'll miss you cards (May)
(6) No sew blankets (Christmas)
(3) Handprint Calendars
(2) AtoZ Zoo Adventure Picture Books
(3) All about me (DD) brag book (Sept- Grandparents Day)
Picture DVD of Brother growing up for his kids
(?) Iris Fold Christmas Cards
(20) Cinnamon Ornaments made with DD (Gifts from DD)

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Rethinking my list most will still be there but changeing how I am doing a couple of things.

Need way before Christmas:
:cloudnine: No sew fleece blanket before Jan 18th for my youngest sons teacher for her new baby Total time:2 hours (because Kenny helped in cutting and tieing)

(mom is working onthis at the moment)At least 35 embroired tee-shirts for this racing season. At least 7 embroired coats and 10 windbreakers for this rac0ing season.

Complete baby layette by mid July (one of my christmas presents from my brother and his girlfriend was the material to make for thier baby)

:cloudnine: :cloudnine: more scarfs for both SIL's no later than mid January Total time: 13 hours (3 on the first 10 on the second since I had to keep ripping apart and starting over due to mistakes)

Cross stitch birth announcement

2 cross stitch pictures to go with layette

Christmas gifts
(rethinking this) 7 hours so far grandma cross stitch for my mom won't be able to fully complete until we have a baby name and date in July

quilt for my mom and dad for thier bed (been working on this for 3 years now)

(first one is done but rethinking on how I am going todo these think that I have found an easier one todo since I have so many todo[X][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]22 stockings (4 hour so far)

22 fleece blankets

120 pillow cases

fire starters

the calender Twinkle posted

4 other quilts or bedspreads

75 Santa and Mrs. Claus treat boxes (something I didn't have time todo this past year)

100 ornaments (elves found the cutest thing on a website)

These not sure how many of each yet
candles
soap
smelly jelly's
GIAJ (will decide later in the year which ones going todo)

Adding so far:
sunshine village
easter village

2008 total crafting hours: 27 hours

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Campncook and Holiday_Chatter, my dear Mom bought a serger 12 years ago. I have it now. Neither of us has EVER used it!! It still has the test fabric scrap under the presser foot.

But, I just ordered a manual for it yesterday, and I'm signed up to take a beginner's class on the 20th. . .!