2009 Halloween Countdown

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
It's almost here...time for the Halloween Countdown....September 2oth...is WEEK ONE...if you haven't printed your weeks...you can find them on the homepage...

Halloween Countdown]

Princess_Christmas

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Yep, printed, in a binder and ready to go, I also adapted them to make a 6 week thanksgiving countdown for canadian turkey day:)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Good idea...adaption is what it's all about make any plan, notebook, or project...your very OWN by adapting it to your home and your life!!!

WEEK ONE: will be here before we know it...I need to totally get this down in order to be ready for BOO BASH 3.....and along with the Holiday Grand Plan....it is going to be tough...but I can do it!!

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I am preparing for Boo Bash 2 and am super excited to follow along! I have my invites already to go, I just need them printed from vista print

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I am ready! Our Boo!Bash3, always the Saturday BEFORE Halloween, is 6 weeks from TODAY. 6 WEEKS! Eeekkk!!

So..gotta get crackalackin! I am making several lists:
1. Things that MUST be done
2. Things that SHOULD be done
3. Things that I would LIKE to be done
4. Things that would BE NICE to be done.

So far, lots of things are moving down from #1 and 2 to #3 and 4....hmmm...prioritizing is the order of the day!

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
Getting ready for my first ever Boo Bash! I have my Halloween notebook in good shape. I have organized all my sections and placed all my printouts in the page protectors so that they will hold up. I still have quite a few new things that I have marked to print out. I will do that on Monday. I am still in the planning stages of food, but I have lots and lots of wonderful spooky recipes and I am narrowing things down. DH told me that he is going to smoke a brisket and I am trying to come up with a Halloweenie name for it. I am thinking about calling the brisket Freshly Flayed Flesh or something along those lines. I know that it is gross, but since I decided to have this Boo Bash, I have committed to making it a spooky event! We will be mostly adults and I have gone all out on decor. I have bought a lot, but not spend a lot of $$s. My fav Resale Barn has the BEST holiday decor and it is always so cheap.

I am working on my notebook pages where I am listing everything that will go in each room. I have a theme for each room in the house and all the props and things will go with the theme. We will also have decor in the front along the garage area as you come up the walk, the courtyard porch area and the backyard, plus each room and the screened porch.
THis is a lot of work and planning. But, I have my printouts and lists and most of the decor and props thanks to the wonderful Resale Barn and my thrifty purchases!!!!!!!

We are going to have a great Boo Bash.

I am in the middle of deciding on costumes for us. Invitations are ready to send out. I am sending them this week since this is my first Boo Bash and I am requiring costumes (won't turn anyone away, but I am trying to emphasize this is a COSTUME bash) I want everyone to have time to decide on a costume.

This is so much fun!!! But, I am so glad to have the great plan to follow. I am modifying it to fit our needs.

Merry Sage

Retire Member
Mar 25, 2009
England
www.moongardenblends.co.uk
Halloween never really caught on here in England, but as an expat Canadian, I still observe it and the Canadian Thanksgiving, which is in just four weeks time.

My most pressing Halloween problem is finding a decent sized pumpkin and someplace, online or off, where I can buy candy corn!

fallingforwinter

Retire Member
Jul 13, 2009
Getting ready for my first ever Boo Bash! I have my Halloween notebook in good shape. I have organized all my sections and placed all my printouts in the page protectors so that they will hold up. I still have quite a few new things that I have marked to print out. I will do that on Monday. I am still in the planning stages of food, but I have lots and lots of wonderful spooky recipes and I am narrowing things down. DH told me that he is going to smoke a brisket and I am trying to come up with a Halloweenie name for it. I am thinking about calling the brisket Freshly Flayed Flesh or something along those lines. I know that it is gross, but since I decided to have this Boo Bash, I have committed to making it a spooky event! We will be mostly adults and I have gone all out on decor. I have bought a lot, but not spend a lot of $$s. My fav Resale Barn has the BEST holiday decor and it is always so cheap.

I am working on my notebook pages where I am listing everything that will go in each room. I have a theme for each room in the house and all the props and things will go with the theme. We will also have decor in the front along the garage area as you come up the walk, the courtyard porch area and the backyard, plus each room and the screened porch.
THis is a lot of work and planning. But, I have my printouts and lists and most of the decor and props thanks to the wonderful Resale Barn and my thrifty purchases!!!!!!!

We are going to have a great Boo Bash.

I am in the middle of deciding on costumes for us. Invitations are ready to send out. I am sending them this week since this is my first Boo Bash and I am requiring costumes (won't turn anyone away, but I am trying to emphasize this is a COSTUME bash) I want everyone to have time to decide on a costume.

This is so much fun!!! But, I am so glad to have the great plan to follow. I am modifying it to fit our needs.

Sounds great. Please take lost of pictures and post them. I love to get new ideas!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Oh, yes, Printersdevil..lots of pictures! Our party is not very scary because we have guests from age 2 to age 70+, but yours sounds great!

How about "Roast Ghost" for your brisket. That's what my dad always called roast beef! LOL!

I always tell our guests that "costumes are requested but not required". Most everyone dresses up, and those who don't always wish they had.

My biggest dilema right now is what to give as prizes for the costume contest. I usually give something kind of lame like a bag of candy, but I'd like to go all out this year...still pondering that. We have 5 catagories of costumes-Little Goblins (under 12 and they all "win" first!), Teenage Werewolves (13-18), Mummies and Daddies (couples), a "single" costume catagory, but for some weird reason I cannot remember what I call that one, and a group catagory. That's the hardest one to buy a prize for, because you don't know how many will be in the group until they get here.

I've looked at flea markets for old trophies but no luck, so far...any suggestions?

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
These don't exactly fit your catagories but they are cute and not a bad price for three:

Costume Trophies

These medals are a little pricer but might work for a catagory where there's just one or two.

Halloween Medals

Quite a few trophies here and even a better rpice on the multipack than the other site had,

Trophies

And then we have my fave...for good prices:

Oriental Trading

printersdevil

Retire Member
Sep 19, 2008
playingdishes.blogspot.com
Cathymac, I picked up some DVDs at Big Lots to use for costume prizes. I was in there last week and they had a bunch for $3 each and there were some scary ones. As I said earlier, scary is not my thing and that is especially true of movies. But, I thought these were appropriate. I didn't recognize any of the titles, which is probably good so maybe they will be new to the winners too. One was about a haunted house and several with spooky pictures and descriptions or murders or some such ghoul. I did find one of the Amityville Horror, so I bought it, too. It is an old enough movie, that some of the younger ones might not even know about it. I just remember all the hub bub when the book came out because supposedly it is a true story.

After I bought these, I noticed an ad last Sunday where they were all 2 for $5!

I loved your idea of gift cards, but I guess I can't go wrong with the $3 prizes I picked up. I also thought about printing up some certificates that I could handwrite the winners names in during the party. I don't know if I will get this done. I think it might be fun if I could come up with something that looked good and maybe ghoulish or Halloweeny.

I am having fun!