2013 Words

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Christmslvr, I don't think "Me" is a selfish word at all. Last year I chose the word "rediscover" for much the same reasons as you. I had forgotten the me that I had been. Even my mom had commented on it and still does on some days. She's left me some sweet little notes about getting back to who is used to be. I think it's important to take care of us, and how can we do that if we don't focus on ourselves? By taking care of ourselves mentally, physically, and emotionally, we are also taking care of our families....so, no, "ME" is not a selfishword. I'm glad you've chosen it!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What great words everyone is coming up with.
I love christmaslvr's me.
I think content is also a great word. I would love to feel content but I need to get back to basics first.
Looking forward to seeing more words in the next few weeks

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
I have decided that my word for 2013 will be Family.

It sounds very simple, but I realised the other day that I now need to recognise my husband and two kids as my immediate family first and my parents, brother and sister as my extended family. As obvious as it sounds, up until this Christmas I have always planned family activities and outings with my whole family and rarely planned anything just for myself, DH and the kids. I think it's time to get a little bit selfish with the time we spend together as we really don't have enough time with just the four of us, and the girls are young for such a short time.

That may not make much sense (I'm not cutting any of my family members off - we're very close). I just think it's about time I broke away a little and really focused on quality time with just the four of us. Not everything has to involve everyone!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Sarah, you're wise to realize the time with your DDs is short. I think "family" is a fabulous!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Oh, Sarah! I love your word!

Family has been on my mind SO much through this holiday season.

My brother, his wife, their two kids and me used to be SOSO close. And at the holidays- we were inseperable. We have lost that!

Different friends, life styles. I'm so sad over it~ really been feeling it yesterday and today.

Part of my word: ROUTINE, will be to ROUTINELY plan things to do with them. I think it's ok that we each have our own group of friends but we SHOULD be able to come together and do family things. This can't go on any longer!!

Annie

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
My word for 2013 is going to be Positive. I want to look at everything around me in a positive light and not negative. When things go different than planned I want to remain positive

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Sarah it's a wonderful word. I do stuff with my immediate family however see my extended family so little and I hate that. I need to work on connecting with them.

I saw a quote on Pinterest that said the Key to a good morning is to prepare the night before. I have become so much better on this however there are many areas on this idea to improve. I am still leaning to organization. Putting things away right the first time, don't just make a list but work with it. Plan ahead so my want to do become my done. Maybe Prepare is a better word. I need to look at the two and think a little more they are both in the same line of thought for me right now.

JennyMariePhoto

Retire Member
Nov 30, 2012
I am new to the boards but I am looking forward to spending a lot of time here this year and years to come.

I love the idea of picking a word to live by, I have been thinking about it and thinking about and have decided my word for this year will be Confidence. There is so many things that I have not done only because I didn't think I could, this year I am not going to let me get in the way, I am going to step out and try new things whether I think I can do it or not

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
JennyMaire-welcome to the boards. Confidence is a great word. We look forward to hearing how your year goes.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jenny-Marie you are already displaying confidence. It take a lot to start something new and getting on MHH is a great place to start.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Can mine be a phrase???

My goal for 2013 is to set healthy boundaries. I want to be healthy and happy in my relationships. I just finished reading "Love and Logic- Healthy Relationships". It is an amazing book and I want to implement the love and logic principles in my life.

I have already seen them make a difference in my son (in just a few days) and things are less stressful with my hubby and I.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I ordered Love and Logic from the library. Thanks for the suggestion.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I still have not chosen a word. I'm horrible at chosing words. DH suggested Focus and my mom sent me a list of words so I will look at those and hopefully make a decision soon.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Lisa, my mom sent me the worksheet a few days ago and I meant to share it but forgot, glad you brought it up.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I have a friend who went through a lot of changes recently w/ work and stuff and shared w/ her the concept of a word for the year. The other day I let her know about the page Lisa posted. She had already had idea on words for herself and proceded to tell me what my word should be. Balance. balance work and life. Uuumm I have to admit that rubbed me the wrong way. I guess b/c to me picking a word is personal and didn't feel that was a word for me. LOL She gives me a hard time about working my two jobs. WEll it's what we are doing, and I felt my balance was fine. Hee hee.

I am still sticking w/ organize I think. IT keeps coming back so that must be the right word for me.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It would rub me he wrong way if someone suggested a word for me. It really is a personal choice isn't it?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Shannon- sorry she rubbed you the wrong way.

I have narrowed it down to mindful (conscious or aware of), focus (adapt to the prevailing level of light and become able to see clearly), well-being (a contented state of being happy, healthy and prosperous). I think.