2014 Words.

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I love how a lot of people are posting their words and look forward to how people will do with them this year.

I had thought about Change but not all changes are good and I keep leaning toward Health. I want to be healthy in all areas of my life, Healthy changes in my and my family eating habit, work, relationships, financially..... So I believe I will choose Health. (or Healthy changes. LOL)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
TurnAround in 2014

Found my word for 2014. Yep, TurnAround. TurnAround my health, TurnAround my unfinished projects, TurnAround the clutter. Yep, that's my word.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Diedra, great word, looking forward to seeing your progress throughout the year.

Last edited:

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
I love reading everyone's words and I have finally chosen one for me. It just hit me out of the blue but it expresses all I have been thinking about.

My word is Open. I want to open my life up to new possibilities, to God's grace and His guidance. I feel like if I am more open to things I will give myself more possibilities for good (or at least interesting things to happen).

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
my word "renew" is set for me. I have to renew my strength & courage & most of all my life.... I have to set forth the change of the new year as my renewed life is strengthened with courageous & wisdom without my Mother...

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I am SOOOOOOOO excited for everyone's journies and explorations in 2014!!!

My word (somewhat) starts tonight- SPACE!

My sister is leaving and I get the space in my house, routine back.
I'm headed to see Joel Osteen in Phoenix tomorrow night- so the big expansion of space and time will start in earnest for me Saturday when I get back.

Very very excited!

Where will we be on December 31, 2014?! Can't wait to find out!!!!

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I think I will chose self-improvement. Want to improve all areas of my life.

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
My word for 2014 is revamp! I really pops into my head often when I think of all that I need to do this year with all areas of my life. My motto for the year is "Shop at home first" I have a ton of stuff that I need to do and use up and that will really help with my finance revamping. Last year was a bit rough with son getting a used truck and the repairs that went with it, a new grandbaby and a farm wedding! My finances are a mess so I will be revamping them first, I will be working on a room a month to revamp my house, again shopping at home first for any changes that need made. Wish me luck! I am really hoping to stop in often for some inspiration from everyone! Happy 2014!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm going with RENOVATE. Renovate my home, my health and so much more!!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
And Pam..I like your word!! I get it.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
I have finally picked my word for 2014 :)

Routine.

It sounds really boring doesn't it! Yes, but it's really what I need in my life at the moment. With so much going on (two jobs, uni and the various kids' activities) I need to establish routines that I can stick with long term or the house (and my mind) just falls apart.

Here's to an organised 2014!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Saquilla- Routine was my word last year.
I found it comforting!

Annie

Woman

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Fallsington, Pa
celebrate-word for 2014

I can't decide between peace or organize-this past year has been so stressful with so many things happening both good and bad I really need some peace in my life-my house has never been so dirty and unorganized in all the years I have been married-I hate getting up in the morning so I need to get organized- woman

:snowman:

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Woman, organization brings peace. Good thoughts on the words.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Woman, I agree with MissJane. Work on being organized to find peace, you will not be at peace if you are not organized.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I think I have decided on my word...TENACIOUS

Meaning: No easily stopped or pulled apart; persistent in maintaining, adhering to, or seeking something valued or desired.

There are many things in my life that I value and desire or that I need to maintain and adhere to. There are also things I need to seek after. I often allow things to stop me or slow me down or even side-track me from focusing on the things I value most. By being tenacious, I hope to be able to seek the things that are most important to me and learn to say no to some things that are not so important.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MissJane, I love the word tenacious. It sounds like a "don't mess with me" word. You will also noticed that unlike your previous words, this one does not start with R

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
So many good words! I love hearing why you chose it. I have only tried a word 1 year and made it about 7 months with a lot of improvements in several areas
but......

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm feeling so behind, I still haven't picked my word. I have a list going but just not sure what fits this year.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Jess and Lana- Don't stress! The perfect word will find you, right when you are ready for it.... It doesn't have to happen in January. It may happen in February, June, July.

Woman- Organize sounds so good for you. An organized, clean house brings a deep feeling of peace... I'm excited to go along on your journey.

This is my first official day of SPACE! I got home from the Joel Osteen trip yesterday around 3. Got in my pj's ASAP and just hung out and watched football.

My house seems a bit quiet without my sister here. She must have been feeling it too- she called me, just to chat...

But peace, quiet is what I NEED right now!!!

Oh my!!! So, so happy!

Annie