74 Days of Christmas Fun

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Have you been giving yourself any Christmas fun lately?

When I went to the grocery store yesterday, I walked past the big display of fruit cakes. It was 80 degrees outside, and the fruitcakes were the first display inside the door. But that did NOT give me the Christmassy feeling.

At least I do get to come to this board and read fun posts!!! And maybe, something more today. I'm hoping! :sleigh:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am hoping to pick up the house alittle and do some laundry. Well should say a load to hang my sheets out. Will do alittle more sewing and then I need to run for some items for craft items to make. The local Wal-Marts here quit selling material and other craft items so have to go a ways to get stuff now. Not sure if I will make it somewhere today or not. Also need to see where I am at with everyone.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I am sipping good coffee (with 1/2 and 1/2-sooo creamy and yummy), browsing the web and watching the DALLAS COWBOYS playing football on tv...one of our good ol Arkansas boys, Felix Jones, is in and doing great...what an outstanding young man he seems to be! I am very proud of him and I don't even know him personally!

As far as Christmas-not too much today, although I did send out emails to my sisters in law to see when they will be available to get together for our Christmas with them. We like to do it Christmas Eve for breakfast, but one SIL works on Wednesdays (no matter what the date...if it's a Wednesday, she's scheduled to work) so I'm waiting to hear from her. That's about it for Christmas. Halloween prevails right now!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I tried my Peppermint Mocha creamer this morning. It was pretty good. Other than that, i've been lounging and reading my magazines. We went outside for a while this morning before it got too warm. Tonight we're going to my mom's for dinner. Not much Christmas today.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Cathymac said:
I am sipping good coffee (with 1/2 and 1/2-sooo creamy and yummy), browsing the web and watching the DALLAS COWBOYS playing football on tv...one of our good ol Arkansas boys, Felix Jones, is in and doing great...what an outstanding young man he seems to be! I am very proud of him and I don't even know him personally!
Halloween prevails right now!!

Not feeling to good at the moment so trying to relax. I'm also watching the Cowboys game at the moment. Granddaughter is reading her new Halloween book.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I put up lots of Halloween decorations (most outside).

Nothing Christmas today - except reading the boards - which is quite wonderful fun!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Yesterday, I listened to MCR while cleaning bathrooms in the morning. The toddler was making a "bus" out of her bookcase (and a mess from the books on the floor!!), and I was able to get on and enjoy my cleaning.

Later, when my DH came home from work and I got a chance to go out (before I went to a coffee shop to do some work myself), I harvested a couple of bags of beans from our vegetable garden, which I froze when I got home. Some of these are destined for our Christmas celebrations when we get back home from all our visiting (a really nice, relaxed family dinner for the 3 of us). I also brought home the first 2 ears of corn- tiny but delicious, enough peas to give DH and I a serving with one ear of the corn, enough brocolli for a small batch of soup and a handful of radishes for DH to munch.

I hope to get enough corn in the next couple of weeks to freeze some of that too (I didn't grow enough and it didn't grow very well, but there are signs of something to harvest), and I will be spending an afternoon blanching and freezing brussels sprouts in the next couple of weeks too, for the same purpose (they are ready to harvest a couple of months ahead of when I expected them!).

And then, I wrapped some horticultural fleece around my potato plants - in the hope that the frosts don't kill them off yet and I get some nice sized ones for that same family celebration (new potatoes at Christmas!! It's an experiment but a lot of gardeners I know do it very successfully).

Followed by another hour or so knitting after dinner. So not a bad lot of Christmas fun in total!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Winged One - What I loved about your post is that you were thinking and planning and savoring things to enjoy during the holidays - while you worked in the present. That really stretches out the Christmas fun! And makes the actual celebration much less stressful and more enjoyable! :applause: