87 days to go!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Thanksgiving here is October 12th so you aren't kidding. Not long off at all. LOL! Not a lot of days! I need to get thinking on the tough people on my list.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
We are so close!!

Yay!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I just saw Wendy __________ whatever-her-last-name-is ---- announce that it is only 87 days until Christmas! (On her daily talk show). You go, girl!

Although..... I don't know.... but isn't she a transvestite? Well, whatever. She is nice and upbeat and fun and I like her!

I liked her BEFORE she made the Christmas countdown announcement. And now, I like her even more!

Come on world ---- this is getting exciting!!!!!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
87....wow...only 87!

Seems like such a small number! I know time is going to really fly between now and Halloween - then Nov 8th is my baby shower - then it will be Thanksgiving - and THEN, and THEN it really gets fun!

It is cold and rainy here today and I have been listening to Christmas carols in my car and enjoying myself thoroughly!!!

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I love Thanksgiving! The family, the food, the football, lol. Last year i was disappointed though because my family (brother, nieces husband, sister in law) really kind of took the joy of the day away from me. I'm from Michigan and i am a huge football fan. I love my Detroit Lions, even when we are awful. They were just talking awful about the team and during the game and it just made me mad. We will be having Thanksgiving here again, we live with my mom, we host all of the holidays, but i told my mom i will make dinner and do what i have to but if they start bad mouthing my team or taking my joy away i'm retiring to my bedroom and eating dinner and watching football in my room in peace. I love my family but they need to have some consideration for those around them. Sorry for the rant.

geckoace

Retire Member
Nov 12, 2008
I just saw Wendy __________ whatever-her-last-name-is ---- announce that it is only 87 days until Christmas! (On her daily talk show). You go, girl!

Although..... I don't know.... but isn't she a transvestite? Well, whatever. She is nice and upbeat and fun and I like her!

I liked her BEFORE she made the Christmas countdown announcement. And now, I like her even more!

Come on world ---- this is getting exciting!!!!!

nope shes a natural born woman LMAO... i think she is hilarious, she's very domestic it seems and spends a lot of time devoted to her home and family

ANYWay... 87 DAYS!!! OMG i better get this show on the road

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
87? are you sure? Maybe there has been a mistake. I have much more than 87 days worth of work to do so I better get started LOL. We are lucky that in Australia there is no Halloween or Thanksgiving so I can spend the next 87 days concentrating on Christmas preparations.

I think I will be OK....but is it really only 87?

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Sweetpumpkinpye --- PLEASE help us keep "thinking and working Christmas prep" --- even while we give due attention to Halloween and Thanksgiving! Because - I am with you! I have a lot more than 87 days worth of work to get ready! Being in the mood -- really helps with the work!

i luv2scrap - You are absolutely right! People go way too far in their "kidding" about sports teams. It ought to be right up there with other touchy issues like "religion" and "politics". We disagree with many family members about things we all care about. So -- it is a lot nicer to leave those topics "off limits" during family gatherings.

I think you are completely justified in keeping that option open: if your guests are obnoxious in their "teasing" - just take a plate of the delicious dinner you prepared, turn on your bedroom TV, and lock the door!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
WOW! So much to do! I just want to get through dh's party then I'll really be able to concentrate on Christmas more. I have accomplished a lot so far and want to keep that momentum going!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
You know that we are not doing this alone. We are a team here at MHH and together we can do anything.

masonsmommy

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I can't believe how fast this year is going. It is hard planning for a December 40th B-day party and get crafts done before Christmas. Hopefully I will have it all done before the end of November, but if things are going as fast as they, I don't know if I will get it all done even before Christmas.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Doesn't it seems that time goes faster this time of year????

Or is it just me???

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I remember being on here last year on Christmas night and thinking a whole 365 days to go and I will start now. Well, alot of thinking and some gift buying and crafts done BUT.......
I gotta get MOVING!

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
The time is flying by. In fact DH and I were just talking last night about how busy we are going to be between now and Christmas. DD9 is in her school choir and is rehearsing at the moment for Harvest,which will be on the 11th October. Then she starts rehearsing after school and during school time for the Christmas service on the 10th December. This year she is also taking part in a stadium show called Young Voices on the 15th December. This isn't counting birthdays,days out,Halloween etc. I really don't think I can fit it all in! But I love this time of year,I love the anticipation and the fact that everything is leading up to Christmas!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
You really summed it up beautifully, alisonmcg. There are so many important or mandatory things to do -- when it would be nice just to devote -- oh, say 8 hours a day to Christmas! The fact is: we can't devote that much time to Christmas! But we Want TO!

Lana, hallmer -- yep! You're right. It must be a scientific fact that time goes faster and faster at this time of year!

I got very upset when I saw the Countdown had move to "86" this morning! What happened to "87 Days to Christmas"????? I LIKED 87. 87 was a number we could work with!

What do they mean "86"? This means trouble!

Talk to you later!

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Now it's 85! LOL! But I love that feeling and everything will get done. And if it doesn't...it doesn't matter because Christmas Day will be perfect for us either way!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Alisonmcg - I should put your wwords on a sign and put it up!

I have been putting things backwards! YOU put them in the right order!

We do all this organizing SO THAT we can have a wonderful Christmas!

BUT -- with the true spirit of Christmas --Christmas will be wonderful anyway!

And I have been letting my anxiety about the "organization" -- letting that take away some of my joy and anticipation of Christmas.

I have been guilty of being like the Grinch -- thinking it is the "stuff" that makes Christmas.

Thank you so much for your loving reality check!