87 days to go!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Yikes!! 85 days!! That's not a lot to knit at least another 6 feet of a scarf for DH, let alone all the rest of my prep!! (I am thinking that a lot of crafting will be left undone after all my plans this year - I just can't seem to see time to get to it all).

Oh well, baby steps are being taken towards house cleaning and decluttering. And other prep work. But plans will definitely need revising in their ambition.

And I now NEED to tie down DH to make decisions on our location for the holidays - there's lots I can't even contemplate until that decision is made!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
WingedOne -- Yikes -- somehow I haven't taken that very important step either! Where will we be during the November-December-January holiday period! Very important!

85 Days.

Fall is beginning beautifully here! I just want to "throw myself" into fall -- don't you? Don't you just want to savor everything about this incredible time of year? (And Spring -- for our Southern Hemisphere family). I want to enjoy each beautiful fall day.

However......... attention should be paid to Christmas prep too!!!!! Oh well. Baby step. Moderation.....

While I'm at the computer, I'll send some emails about Christmas plans to family members.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
I live in N Ireland and at the minute it's a perfect Autumn day. Sunny but cold,there was even a grass frost this morning. I love this time of year,everything seems so clean and crisp.

As for finalising arangements,I'm not finding this so easy. When I talk to people all I get is "There's lots of time yet". But I want to know what I'm doing come Christmas Day. DMIL won't give me a definite answer as to whether she wants us at her house this year. Sometimes they go out for a meal on Christmas Day and DH and I would prefere to be at home. I don't mind staying home and having Christmas here, but I'd just like to know where I'll be spending it. At least Christmas Eve is sorted,we'll be going to my parents.That's the worst thing about trying to be organised,some people think you're crazy even thinking of Christmas in October!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Very very true, alisonmcg! I am with you! I LIKE to know what the plans are! We are all adult --- we know that things can change! (People can get sick, furnaces can break, etc. etc.) Things can change --- but PLEASE give us a framework! Give us something! (There --- now I feel better!)

Our plans are changing too. New marriages, babies being born around the holidays -- lots of things. I am trying to pin down what I can. And I may have to make Plan A and Plan B (for each holiday) if everything seems too much up in the air!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I agree - a plan A and plan B are a great help. I have just tied down DH on our plans so we will only be eating one Christmas dinner (yay!! I hate years we have to eat 2!!) and yet still giving DD her birthday with all the relatives. Driving on a much quieter day too (just means we will have to be careful about planning pitstops before we go, as most of our usual stopping places won't be open).

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
The time is going by quickly our thanksgiving is nov.26th but,we get started early as we get holiday decor out and ready as we start before thanksgiving as we have so much to do_Our thanksgiving is big also as i have already started my baking and i continue that right through the christmas holiday's.As we count down to the days we have to start doing everything.:sleigh:

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Thanksgiving is next Monday for us Canucks. Then it's only a step and a hop to Halloween. It is going to start to fly by.

ToyRUs has a deal on for free shipping on some products right now so I need to go snoop around and see if I can get the kids stuff sorted out.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
I love ToysRUs! They have some great bargains. Every year around November time we take DD9 to ToysRUs to see what she would like for Christmas. I also love the ToysRUs Christmas advert!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
80 days left now! It such a nice, round, even, scary, exciting number!!! :)

I feel pretty comfortable with where I am at currently, but I know there is plenty left to do - and in a way I am glad of it.

It would be no fun (for me personally) to be all done with everything, absolutely everything, this early.

The preperations for Christmas are just as fun to me as the actual event itself!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Yikes! 80 days, seriously? I'm in trouble. Better put the peddal to the metal!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
80!
I am not doing too badly. Sat down with my mum last week and finalized the menu for Christmas dinner and we are right on track with purchasing food for that. Most of the planning has been done so that is good. Have to get a few more gifts but I know what I want to buy so that is easy. Not panicking yet but am torn between wanting Christmas to be NOW and wanting an extra few months.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Haha! I'm the same. On one hand I want to put up my tree and decorate and on the other I think "Thank goodness there's 78 days left,I've so much to do!" Only 7 weeks to go until I put my tree up!

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
Have to get to the store and get more red bows today for the othr christmas decor i'm making and some more ribbon.Their having a sale on christmas material so have to get there and get some as i have to make more christmas pillows.:rudolph:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
76 Days Until Christmas!

Three weeks until Halloween!

And another four to Halloween!

Last night.... I chanced upon the "new" version of "Miracle On 34th Street". Just on a regular Friday night. What a nice surprise!

angelpugs

MHH Member
Oct 2, 2009
north adams ma.
The time is going by fast as it seems the holidays are in a hurry to get here,going through other recipes of things i'm baking for christmas they all look good.:stocking:

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
74 days to go!
It was DD9 Harvest service yesterday,it was so beautiful! But now the choir is starting it's rehearsals for Christmas so DD9 will have to practice at home. I love listening to her singing all the Christmas songs! Then next Friday she finishes school for the Halloween holidays. So,yes,the holidays really are coming!