After Christmas Notes for your Notebook-2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Saquilla.....no I could never keep all recipes in the notebook. I have a binder for Christmas Recipes i want to keep but what I did was AFTER I picked the ones I would make this Christmas (we don't always do the same ones) THEN I printed only the ones I needed for Christmas 2010. That way I had only the ones I would be using handy!

I need recipes for several occassions:

Holiday Brunch
Holiday Party
Family Holiday
Christmas Eve Dinner
Christmas Breakfast

AND Cookies and Candy ones for the season!

I'm so happy with how it worked I can't wait to start picking for Christmas 2011...although the picking is the hardest...LOL

After picking I also created a master ingredient list so I could start buying early and spread the cost over several weeks. It was a pain to create but worked like a charm...!! :)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
wow!

Gingerbug, I'm impressed!

:fireplace:

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Gingerbug, that is impressive!

I sort of do a menu plan for other occassions, but they're generally picnic type events (like Carols by Candlelight, or the Boxing Day get together), in which there wouldn't be a lot of cooking involved. Just finger food. Still, I like to make one or two things so it would be very handy to have the recipes printed and in the menus section of my notebook.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What a great idea Gingerbug. I really need to get my Christmas recipes organised this year, they are a mess.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
My notebook was a REAL blessing this year...one thing I did was to actually photo copy/print the recipes I would be using and put them in there. I know I could have gotten out the cookbooks etc BUT it was great just having them filed there...When I pick the recipes for 2011...I am going to do the same thing because it made it so easy to bake/cook

Gingerbug I have been doing that for several years. Wasn't it a blessing having them at the ready in your notebook. I have a section for baking recipes and I keep the recipes for my Christmas Eve dinner (including the menu and shopping list) in the party planning section of my notebook.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Gee ...

I may work on recipes for my Ruddy Day ... I am not organized in this area!!

:fireplace:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to work on my 'Leftover recipes' so I can use up all those leftovers.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Ahorsesoul - That is a fabulous idea. I always end up throwing away most left overs because I'm terrible with finding something to do with them. I'll be on the hunt now for recipes that might work.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
LOL I buy those really big disposable containers that rubbermaid has only at the holidays and use them at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners; when the boys go home I load them up with leftovers. (neither one is married and they both have room mates) so I don't have to worry about left overs. ;) ;) ;)