Also excited to find this forum..

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Puternut

Premiere Member
Apr 25, 2013
FL. USA
I am equally excited to have found this holiday forum, been here about a week but unable to make post's now hopefully it has been reset? we'll see if this one works. My dh and I are so into the Christmas decorating inside and out, you can not believe it! this year we won 1st. prize in the first annual Xmas lighting contest in our development of almost 4,000 homes, and we did not even know there was a contest going on... :smilegifts: Our home when done can be seen for miles literally. I take lot's of pics. make slideshows etc. We are retired and this is what we enjoy, the outside is for others to enjoy, the inside is just for us to enjoy! We add to our display each year, and have already purchased things for next Christmas. No blow ups or junk ours is beautiful, and tastefully done and we have hundreds of folks drive by even a few tour busses. I look forward to showing ya'll. Here's one pic. I took this year just the front, we decorate all four sides of our home.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
:welcome2: glad you found us. We are always excited for new Christmas lovers to join the group. Please feel free to jump in the daily thread in chit chat and post in any of the threads. It's quiter here until closer to the holidays but we are always willing to talk Christmas and other holidays.

your house and decorations are beautiful!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Welcome! What a beautiful house and decorations!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hi, Puternut! Welcome to the forums. That is quite an array of decorations. Can't wait to hear what all ideas you have. As Shannon said, we become way more active closer to the holidays, but we celebrate all year long. Join the fun!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Welcome! Great decorations. Might I ask where you live? because I don't see snow and around here... decorations are almost hiding under the snow :)

Puternut

Premiere Member
Apr 25, 2013
FL. USA
Answers

We live in SW FL. and you are only seeing the front of our home, there is sooo much more to see decorated, inside and out. It takes dh & I a week or more to get all up, we start the day after Thanksgiving, we have our first lighting Dec. 1st and they are lit each night for exactly one month, New Years Eve is the last, because it's a long time until next Xmas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Welcome. So glad you found us.

Puternut

Premiere Member
Apr 25, 2013
FL. USA
Here's another pic. closer, you can see house & my nativity/entry, and new Xmas 2012 my star above entry

Last edited:

Puternut

Premiere Member
Apr 25, 2013
FL. USA
My interior 2012 Xmas

Our outside xmas decorations are 90% white and my interior is all done in pastels as are my furnishings:

my tree:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Glad you found us!

Beautiful decorations!!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Absolutely beautiful, inside and out!

Welcome!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I am so glad that you are in our MHH family!!! :welcome:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Glorious decorations!

DH and I spend the winter (after Christmas) in Tampa...where in the SW are you?

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Did you crochet the decorations yourself. Several on here crochet and knit, but I haven't learned yet. I tried my hand at tatting, but I am going to have to wait until I have longer blocks of time to be able to learn that...like when I retire!

Puternut

Premiere Member
Apr 25, 2013
FL. USA
My Snowflakes

My mother who passed away many years ago crocheted my snowflakes, there are no two alike, and they are precious to me. I have quite a few glass ornaments on my tree, purchased by her for me as a gift at Christmas.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Welcome. Your decorations are beautiful!