Anyone still gift shopping?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Tomorrow after the dentist I am hitting the mall and should get everything done then.

I do need more stocking stuffers for DH - have more than enough for DS - as usual.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I can add my name to the 99% done list. I accomplished quite a bit today!

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I am almost done. I just have the few stocking items I do for DH.
I leave this to the last, because he usually 'shops well' for himself lol

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I only have one more present to get. A gift for my FIL. H is the hardest person to shop for on my list.

I have to have everything on my list done by Friday because we are celebrate Christmas with my in-laws on Saturday and then driving to Texas to my folks on the 19th.

My Mom and Dad, my brother and his wife and my family are starting a new tradition this year. No more gift exchanging. We are coming to Christmas Eve with each "family" bringing 3 charities they would like to donate money to and support. We will talk about each charity and add their name to a hat. So nine charities total. My kids will drawn a charities name out of the Santa hat. Each family will add up their cumulative age (in our family's case 44+41+6+4=$95) and donate that amount of money to the chosen charity. Can't wait to add a little more meaning to the night.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I checked my banking online. I saw where Best Buy sent DGSs' DVD player back and credited my account...I guess because I didn't pick it up yet. I haven't had time to go the 50 miles to get it!! This really upsets me. Now I have to scramble to get them another one. I guess since they are 5 years and 9 months, they won't really realize whether it's in in time for Christmas, but I will.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i have one layaway to get out tomo. just a few small stocking stuffers and gc to get. we are having a christmas gathering on sunday with one of my daughters so i will have to finish wrapping theirs today. they have christmas with her in laws. we switch around. cant believe its the 13th already. i should get a couple gifts i ordered from figis today,

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My Mom and Dad, my brother and his wife and my family are starting a new tradition this year. No more gift exchanging. We are coming to Christmas Eve with each "family" bringing 3 charities they would like to donate money to and support. We will talk about each charity and add their name to a hat. So nine charities total. My kids will drawn a charities name out of the Santa hat. Each family will add up their cumulative age (in our family's case 44+41+6+4=$95) and donate that amount of money to the chosen charity. Can't wait to add a little more meaning to the night.

This reminds me what something a DF did one time. She asked a social worker for a name of someone that needed some help at Christmas. She thought she'd buy them a few things and drop them off to the family. She mentioned this at work and next thing she knew there were two pick up loads of gifts to drop off. Christmas brings out generosity in many folks.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I'm still shopping and will be until the 23rd! Waiting on checks, LOL!! I actually don't mind too much, because i know what I'm going to get, just need the funds to get it done. I kind of enjoy the hustle and bustle. DH will get DS11's big gift-another hunting gun. Just what every 11 year old needs, at least in his opinion. (BTW-he's had hunter's ed and is very very careful-DH sees to that). DS10 wants smaller things that I'll be picking up over the next few days. DS18 is almost done-clothes for him, which I've got. All the other gifts will be ordered on line within the next few days, and then I'll be done! Yay!!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I have a couple gift cards and my MIL's main gift left to get.

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
My online order from 12/7 arrived Monday (both packages, YAY!). I was surprised to receive it so quickly.

Still filling in my shopping list for Friday. There are so many deals & coupons to keep up w/that I've added notes on my shopping list so I don't forget once I'm out in the stores. I'd love to knock my shopping out quickly & then enjoy the holiday atmosphere before heading home.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My mom and I are going together Saturday. I want to stay until I am finished. I think there may be one gift I have to order, but all the others, I should be able to find in the stores. BTW, my mom had been known to shop on Christmas Eve and not come in with all her gifts until everyone was there and waiting for her...then they had to be wrapped! lol

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
That reminds me.... dh and I have a tradition of taking the dgs shopping... for gifts for their parents. I'll need to find out when it will be convenient for them to go. I wonder if we should take the 3-year old? I think it will be up to his older brothers to decide when he is ready for that!

wassailwondy

Retire Member
Oct 10, 2011
PA
I still have some shopping left to do as well...always seems like every year I am doing last minute shopping...LOL. I will definitely go to the mall this weekend to pick up a gift card from Macy's for my mother so I will have time to mail it out for her to receive in time for Christmas. I did do the majority of my shopping online, though...and I do agree that Amazon is a life-saver when it comes to Christmas shopping!

:elf2:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I still have those dang nephews to shop for. My SIL says movie tickets, so they have something to do over break. My problem with that is, once one person opens their gift, they all 3 know what they are getting. I don't like that, so I always try and get them something different. Do you think practical or do what I always do and try and find them their own gift?

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
I think its fine to do either MinnieCo. If movie tickets are what they want, I'd get those. On the other hand if you have time & gift ideas for them already, that works too.

I'm on the path of least resistance at this point just trying to tie up loose ends. I have one small gift to shop for, maybe a few more stocking stuffers & some gift bags. Shouldn't be a problem, but after the all day shop til you drop last Friday, I WILL be shopping year round from now on.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I vote for the movie tickets since it sounds like that is what they would like. I do understand about them knowing what the other gifts are once one opens their gift. Can you ask them to open them all at the same time?

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I still have those dang nephews to shop for. My SIL says movie tickets, so they have something to do over break. My problem with that is, once one person opens their gift, they all 3 know what they are getting. I don't like that, so I always try and get them something different. Do you think practical or do what I always do and try and find them their own gift?

Not sure the age of the boys, but Movie tix sounds fine. You could do 1 bigger gift instead of having them all unwrap individual ones. You could do the same thing with a video game gift certificate (since those can add up).

Not sure your budget but one of the things I spotted at Toys R Us was a set of "too expensive" (but on a 40% off sale) toys that all went together. A military tank, a helicopter, a plane and something else. They all interacted and shot lasers at each other. This might not be an appropriate gift for your nephews but I really liked the idea of a "set" of individual toys that could all interact with each other. Maybe you could find something at the Toy Store like that which is a bit more PC. I was shopping for a young teen.