April 2023 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH surprised me and cleaned out his wardrobe. There is a big pile of clothing in the spare room that can go to the church for their market day this month, clothing and accessories is the theme.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
DH surprised me and cleaned out his wardrobe. There is a big pile of clothing in the spare room that can go to the church for their market day this month, clothing and accessories is the theme.
My DH did the same thing prior to our leaving! At least three or four bags!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My DH did the same thing prior to our leaving! At least three or four bags!
Sometimes our husbands are worth the effort that we put into them!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
FINALLY ... SIL got MIL's stuff out of our garage. We didn't mind storing the stuff for a short period of time until they figured out what she wanted to do with it but it had been 2 years now and we issued a deadline to have the stuff removed by. Yesterday was the township monthly bulk trash pickup day so we took advantage of that. Got rid of the kids bean bags chairs since they have not used them in a few years and a big box of miscellaneous items that were either broken or we don't use any more.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Doing a final refrigerator purge!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Allen broke several boxes down yesterday, to bundle up. Collected all the packaging from the boxes. Will keep both until I see if needed for CIJ boxes and if not will go away then. A MUCH smaller pile now than all the boxes.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Dropped off a big tote of Easter decorations - mostly things from when Sophia was little, I've been hanging on to them that long. Lots of Hallmark Easter decorations, I only kept a few, a white rabbit that's in nearly new condition, several brown bunny décor pieces and some other miscellaneous items. I wonder if they will put them out in an Easter sale or save them until next year? Also dropped off my Easter tree, never used it. I have a small two-tiered server that I decorate for the various seasons and some pieces on the mantle and that's it for Easter. Not sure what to do for May - it's Cinco de Mayo on the 5th, the Coronation on the 6th, and then Mother's Day.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
No decluttering here (did give dniece a bag of items I had saved for her), but went to mom's and decluttered a few small bags. I have 12 dvd's I brought from her house, will drop them off in a free library box

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I took 2 large bags of clothes plus a Winter coat to Mum's, DB will take them to the church. I also took 1 Guess handbag filled with makeup, perfumes and accessories that I no longer need or like. Hopefully someone will get use out of them.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have been decluttering slowly. Lots of office paperwork and just bits here and there in the house. A ew box hav gone to the thrift store or one of the LCs have grabbed an item. LC1 daughter came for boxes for her move so Dh took a full SUV load of broken down boxes to the recycle place yesterday. Probably about 25 large boxes plus some small ones. Cleared out one area of the basement.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH took 2 large totes to DD's house. 1 full of Barbie dolls and 1 full of Baby Sitter Club books. We now have an empty shelf in the garage.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have thrown out more paper of things that I had saved. Jaymee took some clothes and pair of boots home.

Allen broke some boxes down to store inside 1 box.

When working unloading and loading dishwasher I cleaned out my spice rack on pantry door and got rid of some spices.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finally, mil's sold on marketplace last week, so that's out of the house.

Dropped off the dvds in the free library box, and had a shirt and bathrobe (of dad's) sent to the thrift store.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Decluttered 10 camisoles today from my drawer. Have 16 leftover so may decide to get rid of some more later.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
1 set of hand weights given to a former CW.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Gave several pieces of crystal to one of our neighbors. Dh was talking to him and found out he loves it. So a large salad bowl, several candy type dishes and a champagne cooler. Told the neighbor it was his early Christmas gift. So 1 gift done for the coming season.