Are you planning your March 2008 Rudolph Day?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I think Rudy Day falls on a Tuesday this month. (Do not trust me on this -- I counted on my fingers instead of looking at a calendar.)

So - that gives us the weekend before -- for people who can't actually celebrate on a Tuesday.
And, of course, the weekend after -- for when life intervenes and messes up our plans.
And -- the actual day itself for the actual day itself!

For March - my goal will be "organizing".

I notice it takes about five seconds to say this goal out loud.

And about five thousand actual hours for me to get actually organized.

So -- I be thinking about it starting now.

Just "thinking". Thats all. :thud:

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
I want to start work on some christmas cards I think. It will depend on how far along I am on afghan 2 of 4 by then I guess.

Gidget

Premiere Member
Nov 24, 2007
Boston
Greetings all,

I have a few recipes that I want to try, so on March 25th we will dine on the following: eye-of-the-round, roasted potatoes, yorkshire pudding, brussle sprouts, and triffle.

I will also organize my 2008 gifts - I have almost completed my Christmas shopping. I have bought for everyone except the children - it is so hard to determine what level they will be at and what they will be interested in 9 months from now.

Cheers!

Gidget-

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I have to confess, I still need to plan my craft and food gifts and make a Rudy Day schedule for the remaining 08 Rudy days. This is the third month that I"ve set that goal, just maybe I'll get it done this month. I keep my 16 month old nephew on Tuesday afternoons, so I don't get anything done after 11:45 a.m. anyway. Maybe I'll just mark off that morning and dedicate it Christmas organizing and planning. I'm actually writing a big fat X on my calender! It's spring break for us that week, so the kiddos will be home, but they are usually easy enough to entertain-they'll be outside playing if it's nice weather, watching movies if it's raining. DS15 will be holed up in his room doing whatever it is he does in there.....

I'll have a little Christmas tea, put on a movie or some music and plan the next 8 Rudy days and make supply lists, etc. I love doing that!!

Thanks for the reminder!!

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Well, at least I'm not the only one with the same task for the 3rd month in a row! I MUST organize my gift closet.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to review my gift list for this year. I don't have many ideas written down so I need to start thinking and get some ideas on paper.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Well, I need to continue with my list from Jan and Feb because I never completed it all then -

inventory gift closet
begin gift idea list
purchase a few items for Operation Christmas Child boxes

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
I am going to make a cash jar with the cash for Christmas labels on the homepage a while back. Like the idea of setting up a stocking list too, so I will probably do that too. My Christmas notebook is a new project for me so I may work on that a bit too. :lol:

Katty

MHH Member
Feb 26, 2008
bunny4 HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A BLESSED AND HAPPY EASTER

this for rudolph day I'm planning to :
1. try out a new recipe for christmas
2. update my christmas cards list
3. watch a christmas movie
4. begin one of my ufo's

thanks for the reminder!

I am so OFF on my days this month...lol

My great Aunt is here til "Rudy Day Eve" so I have been so busy spending as much time with her as I can between my 3 jobs and baseball...ugghhh not easy!!!!

SO with that said I do have 2 doctors appointments on the 25th and I think afterwards I might have to just take the time to relax.....or else I might stress myself out too much!!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Now my Rudy Day is getting more and more impossible to plan!

Will there be houseguests for Easter? Maybe.

Will we do Easter dinner or Easter brunch here? Maybe.

Will we go to a restaurant instead? Maybe.

Will it turn out to be only my husband and me? Maybe.

Sometimes we CAN plan.

Sometimes we CANNOT plan. Because life intervenes. And it doesn't just intervene for us -- it intervenes for everybody.

In any case, having a year of Rudy Days saves us. Because it gives us a delightful year, and lots of friends to help us get things done for Christmas. Plus gives us lots of fun along the way. Even if we don't get anything practical done, and just enjoy celebrating and savoring together.

Do I know what will happen this Easter? In one sense, no.

In another sense, yes. Because it is a fabulous holiday! (It happens to be a religious holiday for me now, but there were plenty of decades when it was a nonreligious holiday for me. It's all good, in my opinion.)

So, when you think of Rudy Day this March, think of all your friends here and all your friends around the world -- and just feel content and happy no matter what you do to celebrate!!! Because we ARE together! And that is pretty great!!!
"heartstrings: