August Book a Month Challenge

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I need escape....I need relaxation....I need to get my mind off all manner of stress.....That's why Im going to start a book of the month challenge.

Read one book each month....Simple....Pick your book.....post the title in this thread....maybe pop back in a time or two and give us your thoughts on the book....

Hmmmm....you can use one of the Rudolph Day or GPD suggestions if you desire or go off on one you pick yourself!

I'm not sure yet what I'll be reading in August but some type of mystery or psychological thriller I'm sure....!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I will let you know what I pick out Ginger...Sounds like a good idea to me...

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Sounds good to me also...will let you know what I decide for August.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have several on hand that I need to read, just not sure which one i'll pick to start the month. I've been reading between 5 and 7 books a month this summer. :)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
You know I just finished our CIJ book and for the next month I'm going to read magazines. I have Sooooooo many I haven't read, because I've been spending the little reading time i have on that book. So magazines pile, here I come!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Minnie - My magazines are piling up, too! Good suggestion - it does not necessarily have to be a book - magazines should work too! I'm still reading the CIJ book in hopes of finishing it before the start of our Aug 1 book chat.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
MinnieCo- You and I must be on the same wave length! I just finished the CIJ book and said to myself, "You need to read some of these magazines!" They pile up so fast!!!

But Ginger's suggestion of a good thriller or mystery sounds really tempting.

At least for the next week or so, I MUST pare down on some of these mags.

Annie

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Ginger- If you come up with a good mystery or thriller let us know!!!

Annie

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
MinnieCo and Kim-

I just went through my magazine pile- it is quite substantial!!

I am definetly not going to start another book until I pare down the mags somewhat.

I am going to say until August 15th- only magazines!!

There are just too many right now! Hopefully I can just flip through some of them and get them into the recycling bin!

Annie

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Great Idea about the magazines!

I'm going to read 7th Heaven by James Patterson.

It's one of the series of women's murder club ones. I don't klike them as well as his others (and I think I've missed 5 and 6 and haven't read 8 or 9 yet either) BUT 7 was in at the library...so

7th Heaven it is!!!

Nutcracker

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
Birmingham, Alabama
I am reading Midnight Sons Volume 2 by Debbie Macomber. I just finished Carolyn Haines latest mystery Bone' Appetit! This is about her 9th book in this series and they are all mysteries set in Mississippi! All these titles have the word Bones in it. Anyone know any more good mystery series?

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
After I finish my magazines, I am going to start a series by Michael Phillips. The first one is called Angels Watching Over Me. I just finished reading The Adoration of Jenna Fox. Really good book.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Ohh....the Bone books sound like something I'd like....I'm going to check at our library! Thanks!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I am about half way through the 7th Heaven book....it's ok....I like James Patterson' Kiss the Girls series BETTER....than this women's murder club...he has a co author with this one which I assume really writes the book and he helps promote it by adding his name...IDK....but they are not all that good really

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I haven't started a book yet but I think when DH get paid next week I'll buy Eat, Pray, Love

StressLess

Retire Member
Jun 4, 2008
Memphis TN
I just finished When Christmas Comes by Debbie Macomber and this week's Entertainment Weekly. I'll be heading to the library Monday to find something else light and easy to read.

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I just finished "High Country Bride" by Linda Lael Miller that I got at a yard sale...it is a good fluffy one... and just finished listening to "Bed of Roses" by Nora Roberts...great read with lots of details about 4 girls that are in the "wedding" business named "Vows" I truly enjoyed hearing about all the decorations etc. I am about half way thru "Christmas Jars Reunion" by Jason F Wright. Another good one...

Ginger...I tried reading "Lake House" by James Patterson and it was so gruesome that I couldn't read it...I usually enjoy his books but not that one.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Foxpaw - Someone just recomended that I read that series with the wedding business "Vows". I swear it was a tv series that lasted just one season. Did anyone else recall seeing it?

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Kim...I don't recall seeing it, but when I told a friend about the book/audio book, she said she saw the movie or show or something. If you get a chance to listen to the audio book...the reader is really good!