August Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
What's everyone got planned for decluttering in August?!

I've determined that the only way I'm going to get the chunk done that I want is to take a couple days off work.

Going to look at the calendar to see when I can do that this month!

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Not sure, will depend on the temps... if it is too hot not much will be done... I'm planning to do more in September and take days off for it! :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Started! well, not really me, but ds purged some clothes from his armoire tonight :)

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
My goal is to finish going through the kitchen cupboards and keeping only the items I use regularly. The rest will be boxed for my dd who plans to move out withing the next couple of months.

Once cupboards are done then the walls and will be washed and painted and curtains shorted and hung along with new light fixture. Maybe I'll make it by Christmas.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Today was a day that I added items to the house instead of taking away.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Could it be I have nothing left to declutter??? HAHAHAHA!!

I don't really have much to do...except to take care of some hot spots and shred. BUT what I am having trouble with is finding a way to sell some things. I want to have a yard sale but we are in a condo complex so that's out for here. Thinking about asking some friends if they want to have one this Fall. I would donate it all but we really need the money badly!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Nancy - Can any of it be sold on Craigs list or ebay? Or put on consignment somewhere?

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Nancy, if that's the case. Great job! But keep up on those hot spots. That's the key.
I'm going to commit to getting the stuff in my laundry room done. I have some things to put up and some things to get rid of, in order to do that. So thank you for making me think about that.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I seen this over the weekend and love the look. It's what I was looking at before, but smaller, which is perfect !

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Aggy- Love that blog! TFS!!

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
dd didn't know what to do this morning... so I have her leafing through some recipe books... she is keeping some and I am keeping some others but we have a pile ready to put in the office coffee room to give :) Have way too much recipe books.. and it is faster to find a recipe on the net these days.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
dd didn't know what to do this morning... so I have her leafing through some recipe books... she is keeping some and I am keeping some others but we have a pile ready to put in the office coffee room to give :) Have way too much recipe books.. and it is faster to find a recipe on the net these days.

I did exactly that last month! Now I just have the recipes I use often...I had SO many that I had printed out and never even looked at (several duplicates also). If I want to make something new, I'll just look online.

CraftyLady

Retire Member
Apr 4, 2011
I did exactly that last month! Now I just have the recipes I use often...I had SO many that I had printed out and never even looked at (several duplicates also). If I want to make something new, I'll just look online.

You guys inspired me to go through my recipes too. I weeded out the ones we didn't love and I added the ones we like and now my cook book/recipe binders are all nice and neat. I even found a new recipe I'm going to make for Christmas dessert this year.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
i want to THANK you all for keeping up the Declutter Club threads...while I run here there and everywhere and seem lost...LOL.

In August I am again working on books...I'm using a delutter idea I've used in the past....

Every FRIDAY...I take ten or so books to the workroom at school and I put up a little framed sign that says FREE BOOK FRIDAY...(ok maybe Nook calls thiers that too but so what...lol)

Of course school just started but I decluttered ten books this past Friday and now I'm working on another shelf...some go to school, some to Goodwill, and some to the TRASH....

It's working a little at a time...this will be a project I run ALL school year...YES I have a lot of books!

:clothes:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Gingerbug I did something similar a while ago. I took some books to the metro/subway station stop near my house and left a few books on the book shelf they have there. People can just grab a book to read and when they're done return it to any one of the stations. Lots of people get rid of their books that way.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD threw away a whole lot of music cd's she had burned... of course she brought back to me a whole box of empty cd boxes... ah well.