August: Month of the Elf

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
After our Christmas in July fun....the fun continues with Month of the Elf. I am declaring August Month of the Elf....let's get all our elf magic (notes, little gifts, elfcapades etc) planned so when CRUNCH TIME (otherwise known as December) arrives we will be able to pull of the magic with the snap of a finger!!!

Coming Soon: Month of the Elf!!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Yay! I'm looking forward to this as this will be my first year doing the elf thing so I'll be thrilled to get a head start.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
August..... Month of the Elf! Sounds good. Although..... all I did was "give"? adorable elfs to my grandchildren last year. So..... I don't know what I will do during August. Except... what I always do.... which is try desperately to live through August......

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I am looking forward to this too! I think DS will be too young this year to really "get it" but I want to gather ideas and be ready to start this tradition with him next year. I can't wait!!!

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
Orangesforadam, would like more info on your spreadsheet. I can build one, but wondering what are you headers? Sounds like a great tracking system. Thanks

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
hurray! I can use some help. This is only yr 3 but I am already running low on ideas. I found myself scrambling last yr at the last minute to think of things.

orangesforadam

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Spreadsheet...hmmm...maybe I should have called it a table. I just used started a text document with the title Magical Elves 2010 and under that a blank for the dates they'll arrive and depart. Then I made 2 columns, the first being any gifts they might bring and the second any silliness they might be up to. That's it...simple, but it'll keep me organized! Otherwise I'll forget my ideas and also, now I can start collecting the gifts and supplies I'll need.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
JUST SO YOU KNOW.....

I will be blogging the month of the elf over at the Magic Elves blog.....but I have decided to start it with August Rudolph Day....it will run from August 25th till September 24th....with a new post each day. Hope you enjoy what I have gathered for you!

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
so excited for this! I need new ideas for my elves... thanks for doing this! (although I really don't want to wait until aug 25th! :) ) maggie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I like the idea of a whole month of elf blogging! thanks Ginger!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I am having a GREAT time writing the elf posts for over at the Magic Elves....I have the first six written and ready to post...the first one on August 25th!

Six down ...25 more to go.....LOL.