baby shower

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
What is the cutest thing you have seen or done at a baby shower? My friend is having a baby in October so another friend and I decided today that we would give her a small shower. This is her third child- however she found out she was expecting AFTER giving all the baby stuff away. So we decided to do this. Any ideas? ? Thank you!

Deckr8r

Retire Member
Jun 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Well it's not "cute", but the most interesting game I've ever played is the one where the party throwers smoosh chocolate candy bars (peanut butter cups, snickers, 3 musketeers, etc) into diapers and you have to guess which is which. It's a good game for a couples shower because you have to get up close and personal with the diaper and the "poopy" which looks very very real.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I gave three showers in the span of a month once and I tried to keep all of them different. One thing that I did was to create a "time capsule" for the new baby and on the invitation I invited everyone to bring something be it a letter, a copy of People magazine, a picture, etc. We put everything in an acid free box and all signed the inside lid of the box wishing the yet unborn child a happy 16th birthday (that is when she is going to open it) and then we sealed it by wrapping it in brown wrapping paper. It was for my sister-in-laws baby shower and her mother passed away before Corinne turned two and I know there is a letter in there from her so it will be a wonderful gift to give her in 6 years. And, if my memory serves me correctly there is also a letter from my Grandmother (Corinne's Great-Grandmother) in there as well and she has since passed. We all plan to be with Corinne on her 16th birthday to watch her open this time capsule.

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
Oh the time capsule is sooo wonderful!! I wish we had done something like that, my husband's mother passed away suddenly less than 2 months after my DD was born..somewhere on the boards here I saw an idea for baby shower guests to paint a onesie for the baby, that sounded unique and fun..

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
One more thing I have now done twice (works best if baby is due near Christmas) is to send a small clear glass ornament with the invitation (best hand delivered) and ask each person to create a special Christmas ornament for the child. I then buy a small table top tree and put lights on it and the mother-to-be opens each ornament and hangs it on the tree (I have pictures of the most recent tree if anyone is interested). Some people complain about having to be artistic, but the ornaments have been creative and different and a reflection of the person giving the ornament. And, it becomes a keepsake for the child for years to come. The first one I did was about 8 years ago and that is the first decoration my friend's son wants put up each Christmas and it goes right into his room.

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I was at a shower recently and this was the cutest thing i've ever seen as a way to present a gift (well lots of gifts actually). The sister of the girl the shower was for, bought all kinds of things and took a clothesline and clothespins and pinned everything on this line and folded it up in a box, so when she opened the box she started pulling on this clothesline and here were item after item spaced on this clothesline. It was amazing and everyone was impressed. This wouldnt have to be expensive, you could use dollar store items, or break up packs of onesies, baby washclothes, booties, etc and string them out. Hope this makes sense, lol.

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
Iluvtoscrap- that is great! I think I will do that gift idea. I like the box idea but am wondering if I could do it in a laundry basket instead. Very cute!

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
ChristmasCheerSpredr said:
Iluvtoscrap- that is great! I think I will do that gift idea. I like the box idea but am wondering if I could do it in a laundry basket instead. Very cute!

I think a laundry basket would work great. :)

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
luvtoscrap- I am so practical that's why I thought I would use a laundry basket, she will be adding loads of laundry to her house!

thanks for all the cute ideas, ladies!