Black Friday Deals

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
I hear there are some really great deals both in stores and special online only deals for friday!!!

I unfortunately don't have money for black friday shopping this year and will survive but for the rest of you HAVE FUN and stay SAFE!!!!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I am staying home this year and keeping my DGS :grin: so my DDIL can go shopping with her Mom. Sending DH for the deals I want!!!! We shall see..... He's pretty good about shopping, but I have to be VERY SPECIFIC (LOL) because he gets carrried away.
Most of my shopping is done, but I always wait on a few popular things to see if they are deals on BF.
Happy Thanksgiving :turkey: and happy shopping!!! :package:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
The last time I went out shopping on Black Friday was 12 yrs ago. Not for me. I don't like to shop as it is and I really hate all the crowds. Don't like people making a dead stop while they are walking right infront of me, don't like people jumping inline before you. Just not for me.

EllaBlue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vancouver, B.C. (Canada)
We don't have Black Friday sales here in Canada - we celebrated Thanksgiving last month. I know that a few people from work that intend on crossing the border to Washington to do some shopping but I don't think I would have the patience to wait in line to cross the border nor wait in huge lines at the actual stores.

This weekend I intend on finishing my Christmas shopping and going to the Santa Claus parade here in Vancouver on Sunday (Nov 25th). :snowman:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Is that one televised, EllaBlue? I know we get Toronto's but we might have to have digital to get anything from your coast.

I would love to get in on those sales but the crowds are not for me either-Sat afternoons at the grocery store are usually too much for me! :santalol:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Jackfrosty I work in a grocery store and hate being there on Satuday afternoons.

Last night I had to talk my mom thru her purchases online. She said now she can go online today and get what she wants instead of hitting the stores. And she loves going shopping on black friday.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm with you, jackfrosty!! I'm spoiled by being a sahm and getting to shop during the week when most people are working. When I DO have to make a run on a Sat. or Sun, I get so impatient with the crowds!

Last year I was almost all done with shopping and wrapping by Thanksgiving. I am feeling way behind right now!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
EllaBlue said:
We don't have Black Friday sales here in Canada -

We do get a lot of Canadian customers here shopping. It's always been a big part of our retail business.
There was once a soap opera guy (back in the day when I didn't work and had time to watch them) from ALL MY CHILDREN who said in an issue of SOAP OPERA DIGEST when asked what his favorite childhood memory was and his answer (he's from Canada) was coming here to my area to our lake.
Now that the Canadian dollar has gotten strong again, our Canadian business is thriving like it used to many years ago.
We expect to have a great year because of our Canadian business being what it is. :applause: