Book Group Forming: On Strike for Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I finally picked this up from my library today. I'm in the middle of another book but its awesome so it wont take me long to finish so i will be starting this one soon.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I catch myself laughing out loud,but I will say this. It might not be the best book to read when your kids and husband have you mad!! I was so ticked at them one day and literally told them both where they could go...then I read my book and ideas were swirling..brewing..and swirling some more. I had to put it up, becuase I think I would of ended up doing something pretty devious.

But I love it so far, I'm curious to see how it ends up. My goal is to have it done by the end of the month, so I can move onto a scary book for October. Then in november, I'll pick up another christmas book.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I haven't decided yet. I was at the library and couldn't find anything. I was thinking about that book that tells the story of a cadavar..sounds weird I know... but it was on the book list. I tried that silly vampire chick flick book on the list and thought it was just stupid. I was also thinking about the twilight series or even maybe a classic like frankenstien or dracula. I've never actually read them. Anyone have a good suggestion?

I can so that I thought the book was hllarious and truthful at the same time. The librarians should have put it in the nonfiction category...lol!! Just simply imagine going on strike for Christmas. Close your eyes and really think about what would happen. I know I would have l;ess stress to deal with in the preparations but if I had to eat a store bought meal and desserts I would probably cry too!!! AS the saying goes if you want something done right you must do it yourself. That is because what is right to us is not always the same as what is right for someone else!!!!

I too did catch myelf laughing and gasping outloud a few times.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I, like Renee read this book last winter- right after Christmas, actually. I would like to be in on the discussion if there is going to be one.

AnnieClaus

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I liked the book and also thought it should not be "fiction"..LOL I mentioned before, but when I was angry at my family for not helping, it probably wasn't the best book to be reading at the moment. But I think in the end,lessons were learned on both sides and that's what I was hoping for. I wasn't sure how it was all going to turn out, but it was a natural progression of lessons that I enjoyed. I had some :rotflol: laughs outloud and some great visuals in my head!