Book Group Forming: On Strike for Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

JodyLynn

Retire Member
Jul 18, 2008
Yea! My book arrived today. I'm reading a book my mother gave me, but it's short I should finish it soon. Can't wait to get started with On Strike for Christmas. It looks good!

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Unfortunately I didn't get it here; so I have to wait for my holidays in the US in September...
By the way - when will you define the next book for reading? Because then I would also buy this in September...

Chilli

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Never fear...mine is still not here yet either!!!

JodyLynn

Retire Member
Jul 18, 2008
I'm embarrassed to admit that mine arrived Friday and I finished it yestserday! Needless to say no laundry or housework got done yesterday. Great book! Can't wait to discuss it once the discussion starts.

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I.too, have finished mine...good read that is for sure. Anxious for the discussion to start!!! :skate:

snowball

Retire Member
Aug 3, 2008
Michigan
You guys are quick! I'm still on Chapter 3. I couldn't read the last 2 days I had a migraine and today my DD woke with a rash on her face and it's traveling down her body and she's miserable and wants to itch it. I wondered why she was so tired and droopy this morning. I can't get her to the dr. until tomorrow morning. My mom says measles and my MIL (over the phone) says Fifths Disease.

I'll try to read some this afternoon and evening.

snowball said:
You guys are quick! I'm still on Chapter 3. I couldn't read the last 2 days I had a migraine and today my DD woke with a rash on her face and it's traveling down her body and she's miserable and wants to itch it. I wondered why she was so tired and droopy this morning. I can't get her to the dr. until tomorrow morning. My mom says measles and my MIL (over the phone) says Fifths Disease.

I hope it is not fifths disease my sister in laws family had that a few years back. It is extremely contagious and you will have to boil all the sheets and any fabric surface areas to get rid of it from continually spreading!!!

I will keep her in my prayers...please update me!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Since I'm so slow and read only a bit each day, I've started a bit early. Couldn't help but laugh outloud in the Drs. Ofc yesterday. Very funny so far!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Mine's still not here yet...pooh!

:frown:

snowball

Retire Member
Aug 3, 2008
Michigan
christmascreations said:
snowball said:

I hope it is not fifths disease my sister in laws family had that a few years back. It is extremely contagious and you will have to boil all the sheets and any fabric surface areas to get rid of it from continually spreading!!!

I will keep her in my prayers...please update me!!

Nope, not Fifths Disease thank goodness. She has poison Ivy from playing in her friends backyard that has woods. She's on steroid and we put an anti-itch lotion on her and Calmine lotion. Her itching is finally calming down, but for awhile she was going crazy.

Thanks!
Tammy