Brands of Jeans for Tweens/Teens?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
What brands of jeans are the hot thing right now for Tween/Teen Girls? DD is getting a gift certificate for these and I'm not sure which store is best. She's beyond Justice and while she likes Aeropostale, their jeans seem to sit low in the back and get baggy really fast. She is height-weight proportionate and will NOT be getting Seven for All Mankind. ;-) We need affordable here.

What happened to good old Levis? She likes something that is dark and skinny but not so skinny she can't get her hips into them. Anyone?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Wow, good luck with that one! JCP used to have all sorts of jeans (Levi's included) but i'm not sure if they do now or not since they changed everything around. What about American Eagle or Old Navy? AE has sales frequently on their jeans.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oh I didn't think about American Eagle! Wonder how those fit. I haven't seen or heard rumblings about Old Navy jeans so will look at those online. We used to shop there all the time when the kids were smaller but now that we've moved it is pretty far away.

We used to get those stretch Levis at JCP and they looked awesome but as she grew older they didn't keep up with the sizing. And then fashion went "skinny". Ugh!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have a pair of AE jeans that I like and if you hit one of their sales they sometimes have them really cheap. I used to love Old Navy jeans but they have changed their fits in the past years so they are different now but maybe the younger generation likes them the new way. :)

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
My daughter is 15. We buy almost all of her jeans at Kohl's. She likes Angels, the Kohl's brand Sonoma and sometimes Mudd. Out here in rural Indiana, those jeans are fairly popular....I've noticed her friends wearing similar or even the exact same pairs. I don't like the fit of Old Navy for her or me and same with Aeropostale though she has one pair from there. I think AE, Hollister and maybe Abercrombie are still around but just little pricey for me. I like Kohl's with their on sale, plus coupon, plus Kohl's cash back deals.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hi there. I asked my daughter, who works in a name brand clothing exchange, your question and she said she'd go with Kohl's. They are carrying the brands mentioned plus Almost Famous, LEI, Rockin' Republic, etc which are favorites with teens but more affordable through Kohl's.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I used to love LEI when I was a teen and maybe MUDD but I don't remember.

sloanmama

Retire Member
Dec 6, 2009
Ohio
Well, I have boys in my house... Oldest son (almost 13) wears Old Navy and American Eagle. AE can be a bit pricey though... on sale they are $30. All my nieces here (3 in middle school and 2 in college) wear American Eagle jeans. As do 75% of the girls I see walking around the middle school. I used to wear LEI and Mudd jeans when I was in high school... 15 years ago... sheesh I feel old saying that.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My oldest likes AE jeans. Youngest likes the fit of jeans from Target, but she's not a fahionista about like most girls her age, and actually prefers wearing dresses.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oh you guys are great! This was SO helpful -- I'm glad I posted my question! I haven't even heard of some of these brands. Mudd? LEI?

Also didn't know about Kohls jeans. (We have a small Kohls here that has been consistently sold out of jeans over the years so I no longer check there - now I will). Headed to the city with DD on Friday once school is out and will add Old Navy to the list. This has really really helped!

Thank you!

(DS is still looking good in Levis and Wranglers but is just starting to notice Zumiez when we pass by it. Uh oh.)