calling all "Elf Moms"

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com
I need some ideas!!! My daughter's birthday is Feb 1. I would like to have an "elf" party for her. She has gotten 3 of her friends so addicted to elves that they aggravated their parents so much that they got elves for Chrismtas too. The moms have all told me their elves could come to visit for a party. I would like to have "north Pole" themed food and decorations and party favors. can anyone give me any ideas? Not anything Chrsitmas, just North Pole, snow, penguins, reindeers etc. Could I use the 8 reindeers from rudolph since those were some that the elves brought?

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I don't see why you can't do the Reindeer. How old are the girls? Could you play pin the nose on the snowman or something like that? Make a snowman craft. USe the reindeers for ideas
Dasher-relay race
Dancer- like simon says or musical chairs, when the music stops so does the dancing
Vixon-make overs? or winter stickers on nails/ears
Prancer-runway show of the makeovers

Snowball fight using wadded up paper or clean socks.

snowman cupcakes/cake

here is one sight w/ some ideas http://party.kaboose.com/seasonal/winter/winter-party.html

here is another sight: http://familyfun.go.com/winter/winter-crafts-and-games-827935/

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
those are some cute ideas. There will be 4 girls all 7 or 8. Mackenzie will turn 9 and 1 more will be 9 next month, the other 2 will be 8 before the summer. they are all in the same class at school or at the YMCA. The makeovers will be perfect and I saw somehting else that I really liked, I'll have to go back to that first website. I think I'll make some kind of shrinky dink charms for the party favor bags or either maybe a pillow case with an iron on of each girls elves on it. I think that would be fun for them to do. Surely 4 pillow cases wouldn't cost a fortune. i could sew them myself if I found the perfect fabric. Or Tshirts from hobby lobby with the iron-on on the front or a little tote bag those aren't expensive there and it's only for 4 girls.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
hi,

some of these are going to take work, but here goes:

*make invites in shape of "north pole sign"

*red/green/white colours

*make elf garlands (you no the paper dolls holding hands)

*giant north pole (cardboard/wood) in garden

*make your lounge into santas toy shop (not sure HOW!) with cardboard elves making toys

*white and pearlescent balloons (not sure if you can get elf ones, but if you can drw - draw onto white ones)

*make gingerbread elf cookies

*reindeer food - carrots, celery, dips

*coud you make all the kids elf hats and shoes from fabric?

*ask them to dress up as elves (stripey tights/leggins etc)

*play songs with elf/elves in - i made a cd for the boys for xmas (only has about 6 or 7 songs on it)

*a photo booth - the sort where you put your face through a hole - design of elf body etc?

*put quotes around from "elf" the movie.

*Put marshmallows in glass jars throughout (this is reminiscent of the doctor’s office, where Buddy the Elf continually ate the doctor’s cotton balls out of the jars.

*hang candy canes in the hallway?

*co-conut snowball cakes (not sure if sold in usa)

*buy or make elf badges

*cake with edible icing photo of elves

*have the elves make birthday cards and send - uk based sites like moonpig, and funky pidgeon let you customise cards/add pics and then be sent to the address (wont send to usa but u may have similar).

*have you seen this site: http://www.orientaltrading.com/party-themes-and-events/christmas/elf-a1-388560 1240 1513-8-1.fltr

*buy normal party poppers and change labels to elf ones

**will the elves be getting up to mischief or being well behaved?

if i think of anything else will let you know.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
Great ideas. I'll spend my lunch hour tomorrow thinking. I've got some ideas now and I'll share them as I work things out. Thanks for all the ideas so far and if anyone thinks of anything else please let me know

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
Amy - would you please share the names of the songs???

elf songs -

the happy elf (from the film) harry conick Jnr
all you need is elves - bob rivers
we are santas elves - burl ives
busy doing nothing - bing crosby
elves, elves, elves - ?

then i added -

frosty the snowman
rudolph the red nosed reindeer
and the songs with kids names (79p each from amazon)

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Dawn - Oriental Trading had some really cute pewter looking snowflake charms on sale - they could make a necklace or a braclet as a take away.

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
I just found this post and I never responded to it to tell you what I came up with. Walmart had solid red and solid green cups, napkins, plates forks and spoons. I also bought balloons and a table cover. Everything was red and green. I pulled out some of our other elves and used them as decorations. One elf was made around a basket and i had a red and white snowflake basket. When she woke up, I had elves all over her room. I took a picture of all her elves and Walmart printed it on the cake. I found a "9" candle in green with sparkles on it. The decorations turned out very cute. 2 girls came over and they brought their elves. I hadn't made any plans, so the girls just played inside and outside and had fun. I think they got into the makeup too. For the party favors, i bought each girl a shirt from Hobby Lobby and ironed on a picture of all the elves, ours and thiers, I let them choose if they wanted all or only theirs. They loved the shirts, except one girl who threw a temper tantrum when her mom came to pick her up. She's 8 and she kicked and screamed and told her mom that she was the worst mom in the world. I gave her the shirt and she dropped it and screamed that she didn't want it. The mom just looked at her and then at me and said we'll invite you to her party. I almsot said no thanks, but I behaved. The rest of us were quite shocked at her tantrum and we all just stood there and stared! I have pics on my blog of the party. For one of DDs gifts, I took 2 white pillowcases and ironed on pics of all the elves and different pics of her and I drew snowflakes and wrote each elfs name in red or green. Turned out cute and she loved them. Thanks for all the ideas!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Dawn those pics are incredible! your kids will have wonderful memories. The other kids must think you are such a cool mom!

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
glad it went ok and she enjoyed it. x

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
Dawn those pics are incredible! your kids will have wonderful memories. The other kids must think you are such a cool mom!

It is very, very important to me that my kids remember all the things I do with them. I want them to look back and think that they had the best childhood and I want them to have as much fun with their kids as I do with them. They're great kids. And yes, several of their friends plus my nieces, have asked if they can come and live with us. I would actually love to have a house full of kids!!! It would be loads of fun. Thank you very much for the compliments!