CC 2012 - Get Cooking Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
To Do's This Week:

[ ] Divide Christmas cards into 5 groups; Write/address 1/3rd

Ha! Still haven't taken holiday picture of DS! This task is going to be tight this year! DH came down with a massive case of Poison Ivy and that has thrown things into a bit of a tailspin. Will try to recover on this task this week!

[ ] Complete 1/4th of gifts to make

Will review remaining gifts to make today and determine what to focus on this week

[ ] Fill out holiday menu planner for each post Thanksgiving holiday meal you will serve in your home

In progress

[ ] Inventory the pantry

[X] Check spices for freshness

[/] Note any recipes to try

[X] Plan holiday baking; Buy nonperishable foods

LOVING the sales and coupon deals right now! Did some major stocking up over the weekend!

[X] Clean out the fridge

[X] Clean out the freezer; Inventory freezer

Freezers are close to full right now; But they are full of meats and freezer meals and blueberries and cookie dough and extra bags of flour, etc. Plan to use the last bit of space in deep freeze for freezer meals and frozen appetizers for our Christmas party.

Yikes - just remembered I planned to make PW Cinnamon Rolls and freeze. Hmmmm - may have a real estate problem here...but might be able to rearrange something. Take out the bags of flour....ok - will have to brainstorm!

[ ] Do mini-freezer cooking session

Plan to make a double batch of these yummy Cheddar Puffs from Pioneer Woman!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/12/cheese-puffs/

Will review plans and figure out what else I'll be making this week to stock freezer.

[/] Collect hospitality supplies (Cheeses, crackers, etc.)

[ ] Organize a Cookie Swap?

Some girlfriends and I were kicking this idea around recently. Except it would be more of a thing where each person brings 1 dozen cookies for others to sample only. You also bring copies of the recipe so others can make them if they want.

Our last cookie exchange (3 years ago?) was so massive everyone was bringing 10 dozen cookies - it was crazy. And sadly, not all the cookies you brought home were much good. A LOT of food got thrown away, and not just by me. So not sure if a swap will really help me simplify.

Instead I am stocking freezer with cookie dough to make baking easy peasy when the time comes.

[ ] Start tracking Black Friday sales

So excited to browse ads! Not sure if I will actually go out this year or not - but I am open to maybe going! :)