Celebrate Me Days for 2010

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
For those that may be new...your Celebrate Me Day is the date of your birthday each month....so since my birthday is October 15th.....My Celebrate Me Day is on the 15th each month....I am going to make a list here of possible ideas for my day because last year it kept slipping away and I wouldn't really know what to do to make it "special"...so here's my idea list...

January Celebrate Me Day: It's a Friday....time for a Movie...go to the movies!!!!

February Celebrate Me Day: It's a Monday....time for Music...listen to favorite songs while looking through some magazines or books...with my feet up!!! (one hour minimum)

March Celebrate Me Day: It's a Monday....time for Mystery....check out a good mystery from the library and read read read...with feet up and some nice ice tea with lemon!!

April Celebrate Me Day: It's a Thursday...time for Totes....buy a new spring purse!!

May Celebrate Me Day: It's a Saturday....time for a Pedicure....spring is here!!

June Celebrate Me Day: It's Tuesday....time for a Trinkets....buy some new jewelry.

July Celebrate Me Day: It's a Thursday....time for Lunch.....take myself to lunch today...with a good book....relax and enjoy the peace and quiet!!

August Celebrate Me Day: It's a Sunday....time for a Matinee....2:00....enjoy the flick!

September Celebrate Me Day: It's a Wednesday....time for new Makeup...go pick out some new colors....!!!

October: It's a Friday...Time for a party!!! .. MY BIRTHDAY...who knows....lol

November Celebrate Me Day: It's a Monday....time for a spiced drink....hot chocolate, Russian Tea, or whatever...and curl up with a good book (can you tell I don't get enough reading time around here...lol)

December Celebrate Me Day: It's a Wednesday.... Enjoy a relaxing Bubble Bath (Christmasy scented bubbles) with candles and wine.

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
oooooOOOOoooh... good idea!
Here is my tentative list:

January Celebrate Me Day: It's a Wednesday....bubble bath and a new book

February Celebrate Me Day: It's a Saturday....lunch out with friends

March Celebrate Me Day: also Saturday....Scrapbooking day!!!

April Celebrate Me Day: It's a Tuesday... my birthday!

May Celebrate Me Day: also Thursday... DATE NIGHT

June Celebrate Me Day: It's Sunday... new clothes???

July Celebrate Me Day: It's a Tuesday... an afternoon at starbucks with my laptop and notebooks

August Celebrate Me Day: It's a Friday... some kid of spa treatment

September Celebrate Me Day: It's a Monday... try out a new craft

October: It's a Wednesday... long hot bubble bath with a new book

November Celebrate Me Day: It's a Saturday AND our scheduled decorating day....time for a hot drink and browsing through Christmas mags

December Celebrate Me Day: It's a Monday.... a home spa day... bubble bath, body scrub, lotion, mani pedi, facial!

Now I can't wait for the 27th!!!

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
I just had another thought. I have been feeling a little resentful that my hubby hasn't bought me flowers in quite a few years... including the birth of our last baby and an extended hospital stay/surgery! I told him how I was feeling and I know that he felt badly but has since forgotten (have I mentioned that he works 4 jobs)

On Celebrate Me day every month I am going to buy myself a HUGE bouquet of flowers! I deserve it!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
THAT is an excellent idea....I might do that too....fresh flowers once a month....and honestly...you can get a spray fairly cheap....!!! I love the way they brighten a room!!!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Great ideas, ladies!!

I think I'll follow some Gingerbug's and momof9's ideas AND buy myself flowers!

Annie

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
DH never thinks to bring me flowers, but that doesn't mean that I can't buy them for myself!!

Love this idea!!!

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
What a great list of ideas ladies and i love the thought of treating ourselves to flowers once a month, we do deserve it. I'm going to have to figure out my list of ideas and really make an effort to celebrate me this year. I need to put it in my planner, lol. :)

Berta

MHH Member
Dec 30, 2007
Definitely doing Celebrate Me day this year...as part of working toward balance...and I LOVE the fresh flowers idea each month...just the ticket to brighten my day! I'll have to think about a list...

sew-n-sew

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2008
I'm going to claim the Celebrate Me Days as time to refresh, something I have neglected in the last few busy years.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Wonderful ideas, ladies.

Well, I think for me, I'd be the happiest with taking time out to read a book that day! Now to figure out which books to choose...

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wow!

I haven't done this day in the past. But I should! Mine will be the 19th of each month.

All these ideas sound so good!

But for me and my active DS6 ... quietly having time to stare at the wall all by myself would be nice. LOL

Christmas Girl

Retire Member
Jul 24, 2009
Scotland
Mine is the 22nd. I don't have anything planned for the rest of the year but this month I'm going to use a gift card I got for Christmas and go for reflexology (something I've always fancied but have never quite gotten around to). I'm excited already!

Hope everyone else manages to do something nice for themselves - you all deserve it!

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Mine is supposed to be the 12th of each month. This year I am going to be a little more flexible.

I actually started kind of doing a celebrate me day each week back in October. I asked my husband to give me Tuesday nights. So, when he gets home I leave. It started because we were tired of running errands all day on Saturday and I just needed a break each week.

Sometimes I just do errands that are better done without 2 kids in tow. Sometimes I get my haircut or go to Bunco or go to stores like Hallmark that don't have carts to haul kids in etc... Sometimes I go to the library or bookstore and just browse. I usually don't come home until after the kids are asleep.

It is really nice to have a set day that is a given. I plan on working more me things into my Tuesday nights.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Nice!

Mine is supposed to be the 12th of each month. This year I am going to be a little more flexible.

I actually started kind of doing a celebrate me day each week back in October. I asked my husband to give me Tuesday nights. So, when he gets home I leave. It started because we were tired of running errands all day on Saturday and I just needed a break each week.

Sometimes I just do errands that are better done without 2 kids in tow. Sometimes I get my haircut or go to Bunco or go to stores like Hallmark that don't have carts to haul kids in etc... Sometimes I go to the library or bookstore and just browse. I usually don't come home until after the kids are asleep.

It is really nice to have a set day that is a given. I plan on working more me things into my Tuesday nights.

Awesome to see you are setting time aside for YOU. I like this. I will see how it might work for me, too.

Sapsorrow

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2010
Mine is actually the 1st but since that's also our anniversary I am changing it to the 31st of every month. I don't have anything planned just yet but luckily, I have the whole month to come up with something. Will have to work on the list soon.

Do you do a Celebrate Us every 1st? ;)

I would love to do a sort of "appreciate me" once a month, I'm feeling so worn out and taken for granted lately. Unfortunately, I'm very much needed 24/7, so I'm not able to get away for tea at a cafe, a long soak, or anything grand like that, and I'm on a tight budget.

I have nothing scheduled, but I will try to keep this this month with one of the following ideas:

1. Watch a favorite musical and have homemade kettle corn.
2. Pull out my Christmas gift of a pack of Sharpies and color for a bit.
3. Get some dark chocolate and whipping cream, make real hot chocolate with whipped cream on top, and maybe have a cookie on the side.
4. Buy myself some socks or underwear since I'm down to only a few falling to pieces pairs.
5. Order in a sub sandwich. No one else seems to like them but me.
6. Get a small dessert from our incredible bakery: dark chocolate whoopie pie, yam pastry, mousse cup, etc.
7. Write in a real journal.
8. Have a meal at our beautiful dining room table with our nice dishes.

When the little ones are older, I can't wait to have few bubble baths or put my feet up to read a library book! I keep reminding myself that the reason we had two was so they'd entertain each other! :eek:

I'm curious, does anyone do a sort of Celebrate You or Celebrate Us, making a point of doing a little something for your family or take a date night?

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
1. Watch a favorite musical and have homemade kettle corn.
2. Pull out my Christmas gift of a pack of Sharpies and color for a bit.
3. Get some dark chocolate and whipping cream, make real hot chocolate with whipped cream on top, and maybe have a cookie on the side.
4. Buy myself some socks or underwear since I'm down to only a few falling to pieces pairs.
5. Order in a sub sandwich. No one else seems to like them but me.
6. Get a small dessert from our incredible bakery: dark chocolate whoopie pie, yam pastry, mousse cup, etc.
7. Write in a real journal.
8. Have a meal at our beautiful dining room table with our nice dishes.

I love your ideas. Musicals are a favorite of mine and sub sandwiches, too!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hey! I realized on Saturday it was my Celebrate Day and actually did something.

With celebrate me in my focus, I did yoga for 20 minutes, walked to the little store a block away for a cookies n cream bar which I haven't had in forever and crawled into bed early to read for an hour uninterrupted. :)

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
Yesterday should have been my celebrate me day but i actually forgot all about it. I did have a wonderful day anyway. I did some shopping, picked up lunch, came home and made a cake. All of my family came over to celebrate my nieces 30th birthday and my great nephews 3rd birthday. There were 18 of us. Everyone was in a good mood and the little ones were just a joy to be around. Seems so often there is some kind of drama at our family functions but yesterday was a wonderful day. I did spend the evening watching football and playing on the computer so that was some me time. :)