Celebrate Me Project for 2012

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
On the old OC boards we used to create a Christmas stocking or Christmas gift box for ourselves....a little special treat for being the main Christmas organizers for our families....

We bought an item every month or maybe two a month or whatever worked into our schedules and budgets....or perhaps even based on what we happened to find....we would either wrap it and stick in in our stocking or box...or we would just place it somewhere "out of sight"

Often by the time Christmas rolled around we would forget what "goodies" we had gathered....a new pair of Christmas socks, that CD on clearance...whatever we had collected...and would be delighted with our gifts...lol

People could decide to open one here or there throughout the holiday season, or give it to themeslves on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning...a special little gift from Santa....WE DESERVE IT...lol

I thought this might be something...a little different for us to try as part of our "Celebrate Me 2012" The only reason I am mentioning it early is because AFTER Christmas sales and clearance are great times/places to pick up little goodies for your CELEBRATE ME Christms Stocking/Gift Box!

It will be fun to post through out the year what little goodies we are adding to our special ME gift collections!

Who is in for 2012.....???

:snowman2:

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'm in for sure!! never heard of this but it is a GREAT idea!!! This will be so much fun!! I think I'll share with my CW who lives alone... she has few Christmas gifts and she will love this.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
This could be the perfect outlet for my ongoing ornament buying!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I need to do this because I never have anything in my stocking and kids always want to know why....it's because I am too busy getting things for them and spending my money on them.
But I need to include things for DH, too, because I have a tendency to scrimp on him, too.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Wonderful idea!

Count me in.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm in! I remember talking about this on the OC board but I never did it. DH is pretty good about filling my stocking and I his, but I like the idea.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
what a fun idea. I rarely buy myself anything for Christmas and DH gets little also. However since I am bad about buying for others during the year not sure how good I will be for me LOL BUT this would be great for those clearance deals I get at work....

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I love this idea!

I used to buy myself stuff while I was shopping for others. And then I'd wrap them. A few days after Christmas I would have some quiet time- I would make sure my place was sparkling clean just for me, I would put on some Christmas music, make a delicious hot drink, turn on the Christmas tree and open those things.

I haven't done it in a few years, though. So, I would love to participate in this!

Thanks, Gingerbug!

Annie

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Count me in!! I love the idea.

mummytummy

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Perth WA
me too please :thankyou:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yes!!

I like it, too!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Sounds like fun..Think I will get me a little storage container just for me as I check out the after Christmas deals. I plan on being very particular tho I SERIOUSLY don't want alot of clutter in my new house.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
This sounds like a great idea! I'm in :)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I think this will be a fun ongoing project for Celebrate Me....lol

So save one of those large gift bags with handles....or pick up a giant stocking after Christmas on clearance....or just set aside a plain old box...that you can decorate or wrap...

To store all your goodies in that we will be collecting throughout the year.

We can post what we buy and add to our "gift collections" and that will give all of us ideas of what we might get ourselves...lol...sometimes its hard to think of little treats... :) :)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yea!

This will be nice, because ... sigh ... I never do for me ... I'm always doing for others. Not to sound like "I'm all that" ... but I just don't make time for ... "me".

Thanks for helping all of us next year do a little focusing on ourselves in a cute way!

:smilegifts:

snickerdoodle

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2009
Count me in! I was thinking about that this afternoon. I was wrapping presents and finalizing the stocking stuffers. I had some extra things for the my girls and I thought I think I'll keep those things (a cosmetic case and a bottle of nail polish). I never actually did it but I will in 2012!

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
At work we draw the name of a family at one of the schools where we have after school programs and buy them Christmas presents. But I know the mom of the family never gets anything, so I put half of my goodies I gather during the year in a gift bag for the mom. It's fun to share my things -- a silky scarf, a tapestry bookmark, a small bottle fo designer perfume, a berry lipstick, floral thank you notes, organza bags with hm sachets. It's fun to go through my stash and see what I have to share.

I'm committed to do this again next year and will be on the lookout for special things on sale after Christmas.

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
I remember this from the OC board. It was a lot of fun finding little goodies each month! I'd love to do this, but gotta be careful since I'm trying to declutter too. Wonder what I'll be able to come up with... maybe goodies like a nice hand cream, makeup items & a picture frame or 2.

Perhaps, it will help me to get some year round gift shopping done too; like a little reminder.

Last edited: