Celebrate Us

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I am trying to get more dates with my husband but right now trying to do weekly dates would be too much. So I am going to hopefully start a Celebrate Us Monthly date and use our Anniversary date- the 30th as our goal.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
DH and I have been trying to do this too. With kids and their schedules, weekly is too much for us also, so we have been shooting for monthly. I love the idea of your anniversary date! That way we always know when it will be and we can plan around it. I'm going to keep this in mind for next month. Thanks!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
At first I thought the weekly date would be okay, but really it was to much, so I'm going back to shooting for once a month at least, if not 2. The summer will make that easier as well and help keep expenses down. Nothing like taking a late night walk at the park on a Friday night before or after dinner.
I've got something way exciting planned for next month already. NOw don't laugh to loud everyone.... :rotflol: I'm going to get us tickets to the Womens Roller Derby. I heard them on the radio the other day and thought what the heck. That would be a date night neither of us would ever forget and would give us a night of laughter together. I don't know why, but I'm excited. It's just so off the wall!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Remember that dates don't have to be at night! Sometimes we can exchange kids with friends == and go out on a weekend day. How about for brunch? Or lunch? An afternoon movie? A trip to a museum? Breakfast at a new spot, or an old favorite spot? One summer night, my husband and I got banana splits for dinner without the kids. I'll never forget how great that dinner was on a hot night! I think there should be SOME element of treat to the date. When you have little kids, it can be a huge treat to have breakfast at a diner, reading the newspaper while your coffee cup is refilled - not spilled all over the newspaper by your children!
:party: