Christmas 08 decorating plans

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Ok, I've finally made some decisions about decorating for this year. I am having to move some furniture to make room for the main Christmas tree, so that's required some rethinking and making some alterations to my plans.

Laundry room: 2' tree with tiny doll clothes clipped to it. I'll have Santa's clothesline with his clothes pinned to it on the shelf.

Kitchen: Instead of the black, white, red an silver that I'd planned to use, I'm going with a cranberry red, sage green, creamy ivory and soft gold palette. This will match the cushions on the couch that we'll be moving in there for the holidays. I'll be taking down the black and white toile valances on the windows and draping them with gold tulle and possibly hanging a wreath in the middle of each window. I have 5 windows in my kitchen. I'm pretty sure I'm going to put my Dept 56 (and some department store pieces) on top of my kitchen cabinets. I'll have a ski village with the Smokey Mountain Lodge, a city area with McDonalds, a bowling alley, a police station and fire station, and several other pieces, and a country area with a log church, hardware store and ice fishing shack, along with a small hunting cabin and lots of wildlife. I am hoping to buy a ranch house and barn this year as well to go with the country side.
The tree in here will be the jingle bell tree, which features my Thomas Kinkaid bells and will have some little handmade banners that say things like "jingle all the way" and "oh, what fun!" and silly little things like that. I am going to use red and white lights on this tree.

Living room: the main tree will be in here. I am wanting to use white lights with gold tulle garland, gold organza skirt under it and red, gold, cream and sage green ornaments. I'll put my nativity collections on the coffee table and I have another banner to go in here that says "Merry". I'll put it on the mantle, along with some swathes of gold tulle, red glittered cones and some other foofy stuff..still working on this one.

Boys' room:snowman tree. 6' tree, multicolored lights, all the snowman ornaments that will fit on it and the rest on the top of the armoir and the bookcase. Snowflakes hanging from the ceiling with fishing line, all over the room...

Boys' bathroom:mini tree with gold and silver stars and white lights.

Hallway: wall tree with ???? not sure on this one yet...

But one room I am sure of and can't wait to decorate is...

Our bedroom: color scheme is gold, ivory and red (are you seeing a pattern here?). I have a red and cream quilt on the bed and red and cream toile curtains with checked valances. I'll add a tree, of course, with white lights, ivory silk roses sprayed with ultrafine opal colored glitter, gold and red glass balls, gold and ivory ribbon (it's sheer ivory ribbon with gold beaded edges-so pretty and picked up for a song at Michael's several years ago), and whatever else I can find to put on it.

Our bathroom: my favorite tree of all! It's a 4' tree that is falling apart, literally, and I hope I can get one more year out of it. It's so vintagy looking and so pretty all done up, that I hate to get rid of it. I use ivory pearl lights on it, just one strand, so it's a soft romantic glow, not bright like the rest of the trees. The ornaments are my Old World collection of glass ornaments. I put pearl garlands on it and fill in the holes with the same ivory silk roses and ivory silk poinsettias. I love this tree! It sits in a French flowerpot, which is an antiqued white and works well with the tree itself.

I'm still formulating outside! I'll use my iron candlesticks that my Dad made us several years ago..even more special since he passed away a year and a half ago. I'll put some kind of sparkly, glittery bows, probably red, on them. Eight of them line the street, and four more are in the front flower beds. I'll do some sort of tree on the front porch...I won't even mess with the back porch because the silly dogs will just tear up whatever i put out there. Grrr...

That's it for now. Here's hoping this works out!