Christmas at the Office

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Sooo, what are you planning this year? I work in a small office of 12 people, all women and 2 male doctors. The office party has been quite a hurdle over the past few years. We've found that going out to dinner with just the staff (no spouses) has produced the best results for people coming and actually coming our of their work shells and enjoying the evening. I'd love to do something festive throughout the holiday season that doesn't cost much money and doesn't take up too much time. Some of the girls I work with are single moms and don't have a lot of extra money or time to spend. Any ideas?

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
On my job we celebrate throughout the week. Working in a courthouse there are several different agencies who play hosts. One day we will have a Christmas breakfast. We have a lunchroom with a stove so the cooks of the office can prepare some of the food once they get to work. Then on another day it's all about the deserts. Another day the judges will take all us administrative assistants out to lunch (which is really nice because we always go to really nice places). The bailiffs always have a big luncheon which they invite everyone to. On the last day of the week is the office Christmas party and Secret Santa exchange. We also hold a decorating contest.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Every now and then we can let our hair down. :haha: The clerks here love to have events where food is involved and I must say that we have some really great cooks. Just about everyone participates (judges, attorneys, police). For those who aren't good cooks or aren't in the mood for cooking they contribute a few dollars to go towards purchasing food, paper goods, etc.

CrysZ

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
Northeast PA
:hat: Where I work we don't have any office parties or such, Kinda sad bc at my last job we always had pot luck parties and the secret santa exchanges. Our boss will take us out for a nice Christmas luncheon every year though, so that's nice! :jack:

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
I'd love to spice up our office a little this Christmas and do a cookie exchange or something fun throughout the weeks leading up to Christmas. However, I have a few scrooges who don't want to do anything. I'm thinking of making each person (there are only 7 employees and 2 doctors) a small loaf of banana bread to get the ball rolling. What do you think gets others excited about Christmas other than food?

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I just started a new job, so I do not know what Christmas activities are planned, if they need a planner though I will be so happy to help! :haha:

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Unfortunately, my company doesn't do anything. :frown:
We will all get together in January at a public place and do our own potluck something for Christmas.
The former owner used to have Christmas parties and bonuses....the company that bought us out does nothing.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Today was 'pizza day'. The judges put together and treated all the employees to pizza. They ordered 24 pizzas, and do you know there isn't one slice left. LOL.

Tomorrow I'm brining in a dish for the people in my office. Saturday is our 2nd annual Christmas party at a hall. Then on Monday the bailiffs are having a luncheon - the same day as the judging of the decorating competition against the clerks office. Wednesday, one of the State employee unions is hosting a luncheon in our employee lounge. Next Thursday is the big office party where everyone in the building is invited - State's Attorney's, Public Defenders, Community Service employees, bailiffs, judges, clerks, admin. assistants, maintenance, police, everyone.

By the time this holiday is over, I don't think I will be able to move for a week or two. LOL