Christmas Countdown 2013 Begins!!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
****To Do This Week****

[X] Follow the daily Countdown messages on the Web at Organized Christmas, on Twitter, or on Facebook.

[X] Make the promise! Spend 15 minutes each day this week to get organized for Christmas.

[N/A] Get comfortable for holiday planning--create a Christmas planning center in a cozy corner, desk or table. - No room to spare in our temp apartment setup. My "notebook" is fully electronic anyway. :)

[N/A] Begin to assemble a Christmas planner, using a notebook or three-ring binder - It's all on the thumb drive! But I will review my various documents to make sure I have it all to hand easily!

[N/A] Decorate your planner! If you're using a clear pocket binder, print the Countdown planner cover and spine pages and insert into binder pockets. Get inspired to create a pretty notebook with Christmas planner tours and tutorials from Christmas Planner.

[N/A] Add blank lined pages for any notes and records.

[X] Print the Countdown plan calendar, and add it to your Christmas planner. - I've added the weeks on the plan to my work and smart phone calendar.

[ ] Print and post a family holiday calendar.

[ ] Values check! Review your family's holiday values privately, then a second time with family members. Print two copies of the Holiday Values Worksheet and record your findings.

[X] Gift-buying looms! Start a master gift list. Print the master gift list and add it to your Christmas planner to record purchases and home-made gift items.

[X] Begin a Christmas card list. Locate addresses, and consider making a computerized Christmas card address list for maximum time savings. Or, print a Christmas card list for your Christmas planner notebook.

[N/A] Print a home spruce-up worksheet and complete the holiday home spruce-up exercise. Schedule any pre-holiday home improvement projects. - As we are still in the middle of house building I don't think this will apply this year :)

[N/A ] Will your family travel this holiday season? Make travel plans and reservations this week.

[ ] Will you host houseguests this year? Make arrangements for any overnight guests. - In past years we typically had my sister stay over but since we looking to be stuck in the apartment through Christmas now I have no idea on that! Completely forgot about it! Which is why this countdown ROCKS!

[ ] Make an appointment for family photo sessions for holiday giving or photo Christmas cards. - I've scheduled a reminder on the calendar in 2 weeks

[N/A] Schedule carpet cleaning now! As the holidays approach, business picks up. Call now for your choice of appointment times.

[N/A] Declutter tabletops and public rooms before you decorate. - We are living lean and mean in apartment right now!!!

[X] If you haven't done so already, decorate for Halloween or Harvest celebrations.

****To Buy This Week****

[ ] Christmas cards or supplies for Christmas letters - We want to do a photo card with picture of DS again this year. I will have to get the photo taken before I can order.

Waiting for the scar between his eyes to fade a bit more! Silly boy was pretending he was a "ghost" and took off running with a blanket over his head. Right into a sharp corner. :( THAT ended in a trip to the Urgent Care, but fortunately the cut was small enough they could glue it instead of stitching it. Sheesh.

BUT I do have the cards I want all picked out. And I've located a coupon code I can use to save some $ that is good until the end of Nov which gives me a little time to get our act together!

AND it looks like I'll get 20% cashback via Ebates too!

[ ] Holiday stamps - I'm waiting for the new Gingerbread stamps to come out before I order! :) Looks like they are available for pre-order 11/4 and go on sale 11/6. They look so cute!

http://tinyurl.com/n5blfl4

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
I'm here and ready to go ;-)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I never did get on board for HGP, so this is my life saver this year. I'm in...My printer is down, which is a bummer, but I'll get a list on here today.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
So excited for the beginning of the Countdown. I never quite manage to follow it exactly but it is a good guide and really inspires me. This year I really want to get serious about a less stressful holiday season.

Can't wait to start!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
After getting back from vacation i am in need of getting the house in gear. This is perfect for me. I am not working today so I am starting by getting the downstairs done today.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
YAHOO!!!! Here we go, I am soooo ready to get started.