Christmas Countdown-Week Two

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
I loved the article about Christmas magazines. As a magazine junkie, that article really spoke to me. One of my New year's resolutions will be to spend less on the magazines and enjoy them at the library with an hour of quiet - double treat!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
That's a good idea. I find myself always buying magazines at the checkout. But then again, I love to cut out recipes or pics of furniture I like, stuff like that. lol

I've pretty much accomplished everything for this week already. I just need to finish my cards.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
As I've mentioned before, magazines are my big weakness. I don't spend money on a lot of stuff of myself, but I do buy magazines. I love them, and I don't plan to change! I also get recipes and ideas from them, and I don't hoard them anymore, like I used to. I read them, tear things from them, then toss them. Sometimes I share with others! LOL!

I need to read over the list for this week before I post about the actual countdown chores. Later!! :haha:

no_more_humbug

MHH Member
Oct 28, 2007
I've decided to join the Christmas Countdown this year. I know I am a week late, but better late than never. Only problem is every time I try to print lists it only prints blank pages, anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My name is Melanie and I am a magazine-aholic.!!

I can't help myself. As soon as Fall comes and all those glossy covers of Thanksgiving and Halloween images appear, something goes off in my brain and the next thing you know, my grocery cart is full. This goes for the Christmas magazines as well. I know I need help, but there is no 12 step program for this particular problem. Believe me, my DH has looked!!

I figure it is ok to have a least one vice, and this is mine.

:snowman: Melanie

teachturnedmom

Retire Member
Oct 21, 2007
SE PA
I sat down to start my 1/5 Christmas cards and ended up finishing them. Now all I have to do is add my pics once we develop them. I also have the family wardrobe finished. I have a huge dent in my shopping list. This should be a fairly easy week! It feels good to have so much already accomplished! :skate:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I have to get focused...where is time going????

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
My cards are also waiting for Christmas pics(Nov. 17)and I bought supplies for 2 Christmas gifts-but I can't make them until Dec.1-so I'm making the deadline for them dec. 2! However-I would say I have at least 1/5 of my gifts done and wrapped now. I think today I will work on flinging some stuff out! Declutter Day! The Housework plan will be a definate challenge for me-if anyone wants to share any examples, I'd appreciate it! :huh:

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
I too become a magazine junkie in the fall. I have cut way back though on the ones I get.
Christmas Cards. Need to decide what I am going to use this year.
Stocking stuffers- I am done with these. I did an inventory Sat. and was amazed how how much I have. I need to wrap these.
I have made a huge breakthrough on decluttering. I have almost everything in my bedroom put away. I only have one bag I need to get rid of.
I am going to inventory my Fall and Halloween decorations as I put them away. I also took pictures. I plan to post some on my blog. Will let you know when. This way I will know where to place things next year. I will Inventory my Christmas decorations as I get them out.
I will do an inventory of my wardrobe this week. I already know I need to get a black skirt.
:pink:

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Another magazine junkie checking in! Is it me, or are you thinking that there are fewer Christmas magazines this year, and that they are coming out later? I remember when I could start buying Christmas magazines in Sept.! I'm sorry about that, because those of us who make a lot of our gifts, and are trying to be more organized, would be better served if they came out earlier.

As long as I'm confessing to my magazine habit, I'll also confess to puttiing Christmas CDs in my car in Sept.! :huh:

You all really inspire me to get my act together. Thanks.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
I'm behind on the Christmas Countdown but am spending this week catching up. I just finished printing out all my forms yesterday and will be addressing cards this week after I finish making the last few of them.

Without the countdown I'd find myself still addressing cards come December 20th, this year will be different though :grin:

Dreamer

The Magazines will start to flourish around Thanksgiving for sure. My main goal for this week will include decluttering my room and sorting out my gift closet.

:applause: I went through the shed yesterday and I have lots of nice items I bought from the Office Depot markdowns last year. I have travel mugs, air compressors for the car, briefcases, and duffel bag sets!!! Now to check out what is in my "gift closet"(luggage bags under bed)!!! I know there are lots of lotions and bath products and other goodies.