Christmas Entertainment

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

snow

Retire Member
Sep 15, 2009
I'm very excited to go to the Trans Siberian Orchestra concert at the end of November! What is everyone else doing? Any concerts or plays?

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Snow - I've seen them once and it was wonderful! Have lots of fun! We are making a list of fun things to do. In a house of men a trip to the Bass Pro Shop Christmas wonderland is topping their list. I'd rather do a candlelight tour of Mount Vernon!

dancingelf

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
West Virginia
My DD is a dancer, and her Ballet duo partner is for the second year playing "Clara" in Radio City's Christmas Show. She is on the Pittsburgh/Seattle tour this year. We will be making the trip to see her in the run. Opening night was last night in Pittsburgh and they play until December 6 there.
Also, DS 15 is a member of the chamber singers group at school and they have performances the first weekend in December. I am looking forward to that - this is his first year.
snow, Manheim Steamroller will be wonderful, I'm sure! Enjoy!
Kim, LOL about Bass Pro Shops. The only time I've been in one was at Christmas time. Mount Vernon sounds like a much better trip. ;)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I missed TSO, but I will get to see Manheim Steamrollers next week. Other then that, no plays this year. We had White Christmas last year and the year before it was the rockettes. Nothing big on tour at the moment.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Apart from DD9 usual school Christmas service,she is also singing in a stadium show. This takes place on the 15th December. It involves professional singers on stage and the children are the backing singers. I'm so excited about this! Basically she is singing in a venue that has hosted bands like Coldplay and the Scissor Sisters. Even Dolly Parton has had a sell out show there, so it's a big venue.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
DD and I are going to see The Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular in Pbgh next week with my bff. Should be fun!

DS is in the Christmas program at school this year, so I'll be at that too.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
my daughter and i are going to see the nutcracker ballet in dec. looking fwd to it.

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
I just bought tickets for a bus trip to the cities to go to the Holidazzle parade. That's always a lot of fun. We have a couple of historical mansions in our town that put on "Christmas in the Mansions". You get to tour the mansions decorated for Christmas and they have hot cider and cookies and usually a piano or harp player. Dd and I usually go to that.

Belles

Retire Member
Every other year we go see "A Christmas Carol" performed by Theater in the Park, at the
Raleigh Coliseum, and this is our year. It's a David Ira Wood production and is unbelieveable, the updated humor injected each year is hilarious. We get all dressed up and go out to eat and really make an evening of it. One of my fondest memories was the year that DH and I were able to host a dinner for his whole family, made arrangements to have our picture made in the park near our cafe with all the lights and them carry the whole family to the play.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
There will be a Christmas concert with a Nativity tableau at my daughters' school which, of course, we will attend. The girls are also going to a local performance of the Nutcracker with their grandparents.

dancingelf

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
West Virginia
DD and I are going to see The Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular in Pbgh next week with my bff. Should be fun!

DS is in the Christmas program at school this year, so I'll be at that too.

My DD dances competitively and her Ballet Duo partner is one of the "Claras" on the Pittsburgh/Seattle tour. Maybe your tickets are for one of her performance times! That would be neat. My DD is attending one of the afternoon performances on the 28th.